(Topic ID: 240113)

No Fear starts with a score

By T-BoneForest

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My No Fear starts the game with a score of 12,730 points for player one, and ball lock available, which is weird (I think). Otherwise this machine is working just about perfectly (maybe the drop target seems a bit sluggish).

Players 2-4 don't get the phantom score.

I have checked every switch using the switch tests, and they were 100%.

Slapping the machine around, or flipping like mad does not add more phantom score.

Thanks in advance for any theories you might have.

#2 5 years ago

You'd lose all the settings, scores, and adjustments. But I'd try a factory reset.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

So there's a switch in the drop target assembly which I believe is the wrong shape. That is, the switch arm has a lovely bend in it,when it ought to be straight (as per the operations manual). I'm seeing evidence of a budget repair, because the plate that resets the drop target has been replaced with an old key! Ingenious! Also, horrible!

The switch with the bendy arm would be always pressed regardless of the drop target's position, so the machine thinks the target is always down.

When the drop target assembly is disconnected, there's no problem.

[later on]

I straightened the switch arm and cleaned up the gross target, added a bit of wienerschliden, reassembled everything, and it plays like magic now. I had no idea fixing pinball machines was so easy! What's all the fuss about?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 37.50
$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-starts-with-a-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.