Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by sunnRAT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Looking at a no fear. Asking 2000 but has some wear above flippers other than that looks clean. Any thoughts. thanks.

#2 9 years ago

make sure the jump magnets work and the cab fade is little or none....2000 seems like the top of the range

#3 9 years ago

This is a game that seems to reside permenantly in the "pinsiders always ask too much for it" bin.

These don't seem to move at over $2K. I'd say $1500-2000 is about right on this one.

It's an ok game but it gets old fast. Shots are pretty easy and software is dull.

And it's theme is a T-shirt company.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a game that seems to reside permenantly in the "pinsiders always ask too much for it" bin.

Agreed there. I do like it a bit more than you, but I also sold mine so there's that
I think the appeal is it's a pretty brutal game, which can serve a purpose. Def works better in a 'larger' collection like the OP has, as a change of pace player.

As for price it is hard to sell @ 2K...and if it has PF wear that's shooting the price way down.
1600-1700 with wear IMO (if not lower depending on how bad). The only real thing to check is the magnets, coils, ramp. Make sure ALL 3 magnets work, make sure the skull moves mouth (er...jaw), look for damage to jump ramp....hard to get it without a beat up ramp.
As for fading, 99.9% of them are faded, just the way the game is.

#5 9 years ago

I've seen people ask over $2k for them but I've only seen them sell in the $1400 - $2000 range. I wouldn't go more than $1,700 based on what you described.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

he only real thing to check is the magnets, coils, ramp. Make sure all 3 magnets work, make sure the skull moves mouth (er...jaw), look for damage to jump ramp....hard to get it without a beat up ramp.
As for fading, 99.9% of them are faded, just the way the game is.

I agree with this.. also the 3 magnets sometime melt the ramp in the back, check that. I'd pay 2k for a mint one, but with wear on the pf, specially somewhere like near the flippers, the price needs to be adjusted down.

#7 9 years ago

1600-1700 tops

#8 9 years ago

Usually this one goes for $1700 without wear; with wear you're probably looking closer to $1500

#9 9 years ago

Sold mine 4 months ago. Great shape, full led, no wear on playfield, upgraded speakers faded cab. 1800. Took a while to sell it

#10 9 years ago

I paid $1,800 for a fully shopped one with a clearcoated playfield. Sides were extremely faded. When it came time to sell, I got crickets. I ended up trading for a Judge Dredd that needed work.

#11 9 years ago

Well just found out no LEDs or hasn't been shopped. That and small wear spots wonder price now.

#12 9 years ago

Price 1500-1700 if working 100% no errors

Maybe less but in this market it's going to be high(though the market is a little more stable nowadays)

#13 9 years ago

my buddy has one on mr pinball classifieds 2800 obo with new ramps. played it before very clean routed game

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I paid $1,800 for a fully shopped one with a clearcoated playfield. Sides were extremely faded. When it came time to sell, I got crickets. I ended up trading for a Judge Dredd that needed work.

Same thing happened with mine, pretty much had to give it away. It is a TOUGH resell.

#15 9 years ago

I want it,but can't pay 2000 in with small wear not shopped and no led. Maybe I'll just wait till Ohio pin show.

#16 9 years ago

Yeah just wait. No way that one in that condition is worth $2k.

#17 9 years ago

There are better games out there for $2k, especially in that shape.

You're near me; it could've easily been one of the couple I saw go for $1600 or $1700 recently, except I think those were free of wear.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

There are better games out there for $2k, especially in that shape.
You're near me; it could've easily been one of the couple I saw go for $1600 or $1700 recently, except I think those were free of wear.

There's the rub. Several good games in the $2000 to $2300 range and No Fear gets a bad break on the game play reputation. Not sure the rep is fair. It plays really fast, has hard, tight shots, has a smack talking skull on the table, good music, and a wicked fun jump ramp. But not everyone likes hard and fast. Lots of similarities to HS, GHS, T2, and other S. Richie games. But many would pick GHS and T2 over NF and at $2000 you're getting in their ball park. Of course, sometimes you may want to throw a couple of hundred bucks at a pin just to stop the search and start enjoying the game. I mean we're here to enjoy the games right? If you're doing it for investment their are easier ways to make money. So maybe consider an extra couple of hundred bucks quarters not spent. Another way to look at it is in the $1600 to $1800 range you're grouping it in with a lot of mid to late '80s pins. Surely the upgraded technology and less age, if condition is still there, is worth a couple of hundred bucks. And at the end of the day, if anyone is really sweating $200 to $300 on a pinball machine then maybe you've picked the wrong hobby?

1 week later
#19 9 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

I want it,but can't pay 2000 in with small wear not shopped and no led. Maybe I'll just wait till Ohio pin show.

Wait. I've been looking for one myself. I've seen much better playfields, but with totally faded cabinets, for that price. Most here claim it's a $1700-$1900 game. Only worth a lot more if the cabinet is also not faded.

#20 9 years ago

If you hold out, you can find a decent No Fear for 1600-1800 without the wear you describe. Timing and patience is everything in pinball!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

If you hold out, you can find a decent No Fear for 1600-1800 without the wear you describe. Timing and patience is everything in pinball!

This is what people keep telling me but I ain't seeing them. We've been looking for about 6 months.

#22 9 years ago

No Fear has always been a title that has never been in demand. That is the problem when pricing one... It has to be one hell of a deal for me to be interested in a No Fear. I actually like the game play but the sound... oh the sound... it's bad!

There's one on Mr. pinball listed for $2000. Is this the one you are considering? "Small mark" may be an easy fix depending on the severity...

Sounds like what you are looking for but distance/shipping is not convenient. I'm fairly confident a 1800 offer would take it home. If not, no one else is paying 2K for that game. Pins that are priced right will usually sell in 4 weeks or less.

No Fear, 1995 Williams: $2,000
Nice bright cabinet with slight wrinkles around legs. No broken ramps. Works 100% nice playfield with only small wear mark near right flipper. Photos available.
Jay Nauman
Lancaster, Ohio

#23 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure I asked for and received the pics on the one in Lancaster. That "slight wrinkles" was pretty rough. There was one on Mr. Pinball in Luling, LA with a beautiful playfield and a faded to yellow cabinet. The owner was asking $2000. I was working on negotiating price and he went and spray painted the cabinet with red spray paint. No masking. Pretty much a hack job. Some don't care about that but I just couldn't bring myself to put it in my home after that.

#24 9 years ago

Man, those both sound like disasters to me. You can wait for a local one to show up... or, The Texas Pinball Festival is another option where you can probably track one down. (March 28th)

#25 9 years ago

I bought one for $2000 last year. It was in good shape,but the cabinet was faded and the jump ramp had been repaired. I probably could have saved $2-300 if I was willing to waste time searching for a cheaper one, but I wasn't. I have since had it shopped, the jump ramp replaced, pinballbulbs LED kit added, LED OCD and GI OCD added. It is really nice now, except for the fade, which I don't care about enough to spend the money to replace.

I bought this with the intention of writing new rules for it, and now that it is ready, I really hope I find the time to start on that project. I like the layout of the game, but I do get bored with the current software. The did not age well, and I really don't remember any of the people who are mentioned during the game.

If you are willing to search for something for months or years to save a few hundred bucks, I would say you can probably get a pretty nice No Fear for around $1700. If you would rather just enjoy a new toy, you can get one quickly for $2000. Really nice ones are closer to $3000. I missed a really nice one for $2700 by about a minute, and I was bummed.

#26 9 years ago

I went and looked at. The cab was nice little wrinkle by legs. The side rail had big dent. Like I said before not shopped and small wear marks by flippers. I offered 1500 he said to low and said 1750 na not worth it. He even said this is a game that will never increase in value. Plus he has money just said he bought woz new in crate. He could take 1500. Just being greedy.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

I went and looked at. The cab was nice little wrinkle by legs. The side rail had big dent. Like I said before not shopped and small wear marks by flippers. I offered 1500 he said to low and said 1750 na not worth it. He even said this is a game that will never increase in value. Plus he has money just said he bought woz new in crate. He could take 1500. Just being greedy.

Walk away. Don't make a deal with him. You will find a better one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-price-check-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.