(Topic ID: 127454)

No fear pb

By faultline760

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Turn on my machine kicks out 3 balls in row before booting up. If you hit start button during that time or when first turning machine on it says initiating. Ive checked trough optos , did swap with my attack from mars opto and opto board, didnt change anything. Im thinking some where in main board ? If anyone has any thought on where to go give me a shout. Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Probably the connector, had this problem too. The vibrations can cause the wiring on these to come loose, or cut through int wire almost completely.
Replace the old IDC. You can go with trifurcons if you have any .100. Make sure you either tape off the old cuts in the insulation after you re punch the wire in the new connector. Or to make really sure everything is good, snip the wires, heat shrink them back together after soldering the wire back together.

#3 8 years ago

My No Fear does kick out balls and shoot them into the lock on start-up when initiating. Always has..

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My No Fear does kick out balls and shoot them into the lock on start-up when initiating. Always has..

Mine still does as well... but the three continuous ball problem was solved when I re did the trough connector.
It's a silly game, with some silly problems...

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from faultline760:

Turn on my machine kicks out 3 balls in row before booting up. If you hit start button during that time or when first turning machine on it says initiating. Ive checked trough optos , did swap with my Attack from Mars opto and opto board, didnt change anything. Im thinking some where in main board ? If anyone has any thought on where to go give me a shout. Thanks

Normal behavior for no fear, now go get that jump ramp champ score.

#6 8 years ago

Also check the 10-opto board under the playfield for bad solder joints.

#7 8 years ago

The game pre-loads a ball in the subway via the Skydive shot so it can kick out faster during play (ala STTNG). I believe it is a menu option you can turn off if you want.

If your ball launch shot isn't making it into the skydive successfully (which it sounds like it isn't), you can make some adjustments to the right rail in the shooter lane. See: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-no-fear-after-acdc#post-1313119

You can also try shifting the plunger to hit the ball square in the center and/or replacing the coil sleeve on the plunger solenoid. I recently made all these adjustments and it's making the plunge shot much more consistently now.

More discussion here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/understanding-no-fear-initialization

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The game pre-loads a ball in the subway via the Skydive shot so it can kick out faster during play (ala STTNG). I believe it is a menu option you can turn off if you want.
If your ball launch shot isn't making it into the skydive successfully (which it sounds like it isn't), you can make some adjustments to the right rail in the shooter lane. See: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-no-fear-after-acdc#post-1313119
You can also try shifting the plunger to hit the ball square in the center and/or replacing the coil sleeve on the plunger solenoid. I recently made all these adjustments and it's making the plunge shot much more consistently now.
More discussion here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/understanding-no-fear-initialization

Super useful information, I never realized it did that. you just solved a problem I have been having with my drop target recently!

#9 8 years ago

Awesome! Glad to be of service

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-pb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.