Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-400.jpg
image-428.jpg
image-773.jpg
collectible-63818.jpg
No_Fear_Full.jpg
image-98.jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

I think you made the right choice. I had No Fear for about a year. I have played a lot of NBAFB at a local sports bar. These guys who say NF is too easy have their right outlane closed off. That is a brutal outlane. I also agree that NF teaches you to hone in on accurate shots. If you are off, that ball just bounces around the lower playfield until it drains down the middle or mostly the right outlane.

I know there are a lot of really good players out there, but if you can make it to the wizard mode in more than 1 in 10 games, you probably have your tilt too loose, the back too low and your outlanes too closed. I found the game brutal when tuned to be difficult. And luckily, I can still go to a local barcade and pay to play it. It was about 3 months after I built my simulator that I decided NF would be the one game I might keep. Now I realize that my simulator is the only keeper for me. I am fortunate to have my own games and my customers' games to scratch my analog itch. Many of my favorites I have sold before I tired of them. So I do look forward to getting them in the shop a second time.

My NF came off a pinsider over 1000 mile away. I was glad to have it. I had to repair a bridge Rectifier solder joint, a couple of IDC connections and I broke the VUK by letting a bunch of balls down the under ramp in the year I had it. I guess I'll find out how it will do on location because I'll be getting the calls to fix it.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Nice....now on to shopping and LEDs, Purples look good in NF, but only buy cointaker purples, all the rest of them are pink. also some reds under slings. (some pics from Google)

No_Fear_Full.jpg 201 KB

collectible-63818.jpg 182 KB

I never understand the color bomb and why people like it...it destroys all the colors on the game.

#53 9 years ago

Not on my games, all you have to do is play with the lights on, the colorful effect is more pronounced with the lights off. Also with Sterns shipping with LEDs now incandescent bulbs are a thing of the past.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I never understand the color bomb and why people like it...it destroys all the colors on the game.

I myself like to stick to the colors of the inserts when I led a machine. Except for the slingshots, I like bright whit there. Color looks great at the slingshots but you lose a lot of visibility.

#55 9 years ago

I prefer No Fear.

NBAFB is fun linked or challenging friends if you like BBall. but overall NF is solid and very fast.

#56 9 years ago

Not a big fan of either, but the talking skull drove me insane. Well.. more insane. Almost as annoying as the constant call outs on stargate and striker xtreme.

A well shopped no fear IS an extremely fast game to it's credit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-or-nba-fastbreak/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.