IMG_20170207_172829438 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170205_125625967 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170205_115743428 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170203_165657082 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170202_172300081 (resized).jpg
IMG_1163 (resized).JPG
_2.IMG_20170201_161606 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170130_175948794 (resized).jpg
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Game plays decent. Upper flipper machine guns, typical dirt. Plastics and ramps look ok. Reds good on cabinet. Batteries leaked but doesn't look like it hit the boards yet but can't be certain. Offer on the table is $1,300 opinions?

#2 7 years ago

It's a fair offer but someone else may offer more down to the red cabinet. It would probably sell here for $1600-1800 without much trouble. I'd probably pay 1500 tops but I'm not a big fan of that game.

Remember that whomever you are trying to buy the game from probably has the internet and google. I'd never do a price check here on something I'm trying to snag cheap for that reason.

#3 7 years ago

I'd be in for that money. You will get nay sayers, but lets face it WPC DMD games worth below $2k are hard to find.

#4 7 years ago

I'd be in for $1300 depending on the boards. Fun game and everyone enjoyed playing it when I had one.

#5 7 years ago

That's a good price for a complete flipping game. The nice thing about the games of that era is the battery board is a daughterboard and so you usually avoid having the acid do terrible damage.

I hear the upper flipper bushing is a huge PITA to replace so be aware a flipper rebuild is not going to be fun.

#6 7 years ago

Thats a fun game. Sounds like a good deal to me. $1400 without inspection is what I'd go for in a deal like this.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

That's a good price for a complete flipping game. The nice thing about the games of that era is the battery board is a daughterboard and so you usually avoid having the acid do terrible damage.
I hear the upper flipper bushing is a huge PITA to replace so be aware a flipper rebuild is not going to be fun.

I replaced the bushing (is that the long rod?) on mine and I don't recall it being too much of a hassle.

#8 7 years ago

Not sure which party you are in the deal.
If you are the buyer, take it.
If you are the seller, ask for more.

#9 7 years ago

Thanks guys. Didn't know a ton on this game. Figured it was in the right range for the unknowns. I post some pics when I get her home for posterity.

#10 7 years ago

That's a very nice price. Definitely grab it at that price!

Not one of my favorites, but too cheap to pass up

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

It's not bad to replace, I've done it on mine.

$1300 is an amazing price. The flipper issue will be a simple fix. If the plastics / ramps are ok and the cab isn't faded, I think $2k+ USD is quite reasonable (check "sold" prices in the archived classifieds where they recorded the actual selling price, not just the listing price).

I think it's an awesome game. I know a lot of others do too. I think a lot of people also hate it, pretty sure it's a preconceived notion because of the lame 90's clothing brand. But the game is nice and fast, has good flow, has good challenges, and the wizard mode is achievable and satisfying. At $1300 you absolutely can't go wrong.

#12 7 years ago

Loved mine ... After a complete restore, mine was a quick and fun game! Never boring .

#13 7 years ago

This is fairly straightforward pinball design reminiscent of many of Steve Ritchie's other machines.
It is also one of the few games he did WITHOUT pop bumpers.

Basically, it is upgraded HSII: Getaway machine with a few extra extended features.
The talking skull is a "dumbed down" Rudy, Red, or Ted with only a moveable jaw and center "gobble hole".
The time sequencing of the jaw coil programming is not always well choreographed to the speech.
It has a "inside track loop" around the head, which I do like during the Nascar mode.
The jump ramp is a modified supercharger with a flipper, and is fairly easy to master.
The ruleset is basic, but the game is VERY FAST when you really get going.
Playfield artwork is good in terms of color and matching the theme, but very busy.
Translite artwork matches the theme.
Modes are not incredibly deep, and the wizard mode is achievable with a bit of practice (without buy-ins).
Scoring is outrageously unbalanced.
Cabinet artwork decals is notorious for red fading due to improper choice of non UV inks and magnet "melt down" on the ramp if not maintained.
I recommend installing in line fuses on the magnets on this game, if owned or operated, IMMEDIATELY.

Replacement parts including plastics and reproduction ramps are available from sources consigned with approval of PPS.
The replacement parts not consigned by PPS overseas are inferior quality unfortunately.
Original NOS parts are still available if the game is broken in limited quantities, but not unobtanium.

Overall, an above average machine, and good for beginning pinball players.
It fits well into larger collections.

No rush to buy on this title, it gets traded a lot between collectors.
I have owned two, including the current game.

- TBK

#14 7 years ago

Quick pics after pick up. Reds seem good IMG_1200 (resized).JPGIMG_1200 (resized).JPGIMG_1201 (resized).JPGIMG_1201 (resized).JPGIMG_1202 (resized).JPGIMG_1202 (resized).JPG

#15 7 years ago

Nice shape and good deal

#16 7 years ago

$1300!! Score!

It's 2010 all over again!

rd

#17 7 years ago

Few more pics setup. IMG_1203 (resized).JPGIMG_1203 (resized).JPGIMG_1204 (resized).JPGIMG_1204 (resized).JPGIMG_1205 (resized).JPGIMG_1205 (resized).JPGIMG_1206 (resized).JPGIMG_1206 (resized).JPGIMG_1208 (resized).JPGIMG_1208 (resized).JPGIMG_1207 (resized).JPGIMG_1207 (resized).JPGIMG_1211 (resized).JPGIMG_1211 (resized).JPGIMG_1213 (resized).JPGIMG_1213 (resized).JPG

#18 7 years ago

You will be tired of playing this machine within a week. Gets so old in a hurry. Spoken from experience. JMHO.

#19 7 years ago

Looks good. Even your skyjump plastic isn't too badly beat, only cracked a little. Those get pretty destroyed for whatever reason. The cracked mount on the mountain can be fixed with a little fiberglass repair kit.

#20 7 years ago

2nd longest in my collection including around 15 to 20 that have moved on. Not saying it's better than all those but it's fun. Friends love it. When your shots are spot on its an adrenaline rush, if not its a crash and burn clunkfest. Video mode is great, callouts are funny, shots can flow....In a small lineup, probably get old, my lineup....not yet. Great value to buy, not much value in selling. jmho others may vary.

Great score op !!!

#21 7 years ago

Great price for a B/W DMD.

Fun game.

Embarrassing theme. Like, Hollywood Heat level of corniness.

An absolute steal at $1300 though.

#22 7 years ago

Why is the theme of extreme sports embarrassing? Our No Fear lasted the longest of our games but then I had to trade it because a few others were deemed "keepers" by my wife. So I had to trade to get something new to play.

Always the favorite pin of any guests because you can just step up, play and make shots and get crazy points.

#23 7 years ago

As a 90's kid NoFear is awesome to me! I need to figure out how to park my 96 Seadoo XP (ski in avatar) next to it lol!! Yes you did get a steal with the art work in that shape. Mine is faded out bad.

#24 7 years ago

Theme is killer, especially if you have an open mind for cool things that most people are embarrassed by for some reason. I am quite fond of it as it takes me back to being a kid in the early 90s when the No Fear image was popular among us. Theme is cool, game is great. Wish I had one!

#25 7 years ago

Good price. That cab looks great.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Theme is killer, especially if you have an open mind for cool things that most people are embarrassed by for some reason. I am quite fond of it as it takes me back to being a kid in the early 90s when the No Fear image was popular among us. Theme is cool, game is great. Wish I had one!

the theme is for people who think Mountain Dew is edgy.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I still drink Game Fuel to give me the edge in my COD marathon sessions.

#28 7 years ago

So I played a few games and it's definitely not a keeper. I'm going all 80's Bally right now. I have decided to turn my garage into a workshop so need I need to to free up cash put in heat/ac in it. What's a fair price to sell it? I don't want to be a flipper but I do have my time and gas going to get it. The game plays well but is dirty. I don't have the inclination to shop and rerubber it just so I can justify charging more.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So I played a few games and it's definitely not a keeper. I'm going all 80's Bally right now. I have decided to turn my garage into a workshop so need I need to to free up cash put in heat/ac in it. What's a fair price to sell it? I don't want to be a flipper but I do have my time and gas going to get it. The game plays well but is dirty. I don't have the inclination to shop and rerubber it just so I can justify charging more.

This is why you never tell people here what you pay for a game. Even though it's ridiculous and unfair, they'll hold it against you.

Quick flip? I'd try $1850, and settle for a little less if it doesn't move.

And obviously you do want to be a flipper. An EXTREEEEEEEME!!!! flipper!!!!

And why wouldn't you? You can make a quick 500 bucks or so. You've earned the right by scoring the deal and picking it up.

#30 7 years ago

No shame in not keeping a game that doesn't suit you, IMO.
I think Levi's a bit high on price, considering it needs to be shopped out.
Maybe negotiate from there.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is why you never tell people here what you pay for a game. Even though it's ridiculous and unfair, they'll hold it against you.
And why wouldn't you? You can make a quick 500 bucks or so. You've earned the right by scoring the deal and picking it up.

I agree. I just don't feel like hearing the bullshit. I planned on keeping it awhile but getting a mini split ac/heating unit is more enticing. As soon as I get it back from hsa, I'm putting a restored T2 playfield up for sale too.

Thank for the feedback

#32 7 years ago

Shopping this game out isn't a total chore. Not a ton of rubber on it, honestly. Taking the ramps off is a bit of a pain but I'm sure if you shopped it out you'd get $1800 all day. I paid a bit more for a mostly shopped out copy with zero playfield wear and working 100%.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Mountain-Dew-Throwback-Label (1) (resized).JPGMountain-Dew-Throwback-Label (1) (resized).JPG

#34 7 years ago

I don't have a lot of experience on No Fear, but it's a game that was always fun for me. I'd say $1300 is a no brainer. Enjoy it.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Quick pics after pick up. Reds seem good

might need a new starter cord...

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

might need a new starter cord...

Yeah. That was their way of keeping the door shut, LOL. I'll put a lock on it before I sell it.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure you will get even that...I had a shopped, new decal cabinet, clean example...Could barely give it away at 2300. As far as the mini-split, look at hotel style hvac units, much cheaper. Got one for my 1000 sq ft shop for 1300. Love it.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

You will be tired of playing this machine within a week. Gets so old in a hurry. Spoken from experience. JMHO.

thats a bit harsh. took me 3...

1 week later
#39 7 years ago

I ended up picking this up . I want to thank Skins for a good deal. Easy transaction. I spent about 5 hours and this game cleaned up great. Replaced some burnt IDC connectors, waxed her up, new rubbers (not many on this game!), New launch button. Put LEDs in the inserts, and have LEDs enroute for g.i. and backbox, also new legs on the way and the extra long bushing for that upper flipper.. My son loves the game, and we are having fun with it. The head is unfaded, don't know why that pic makes it look that way. Everything works, and ramp is nice, no magnet melt

IMG_20170130_223643725 (resized).jpgIMG_20170130_223643725 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170130_182206937 (resized).jpgIMG_20170130_182206937 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170130_175948794 (resized).jpgIMG_20170130_175948794 (resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago

Not for everyone, a love or hate game from my experience. Classic Ritchie flow but absolutely brutal. Needs to be set up fast and hard.

#41 7 years ago

Nice score! I have owned this title twice and would like to get another one. It's rare to see the cabinet without a lot of fade. Yours has great color.

#42 7 years ago

the skull voice yelling at you to just jump or whatever will get old after about 10 plays

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

the skull voice yelling at you to just jump or whatever will get old after about 10 plays

agree on this, and the theme didnt really do it for me.

williams quality though, and good flow.

damn easiest pin to shop and maintain, thats for sure.... that underside is super neat.

#44 7 years ago

I just put a new upper flipper bushing in, and man.... What a difference.....Can you spot the mis-shapen brass?!

_2.IMG_20170201_161606 (resized).jpg_2.IMG_20170201_161606 (resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago

So far, we are having fun with this game.

#46 7 years ago

Sweet I'm ready to get started on mine. I've been working on everybody else's junk! Wish my cabinet was unfaded! I've got the remedy ready though!

IMG_1163 (resized).JPGIMG_1163 (resized).JPG

#47 7 years ago

Good luck, post up some before and after shots!

#49 7 years ago

Congratulations! Enjoy this Great Game!!

One of a few games Id like to own again.

Love the lack of Pops!
Skull can get old, but I can manage.

Jump shot is a blast I never got tired of.

Solid game, wax well, and is faster than many.

I raised my back, tweaked the flippers with some stronger coils, and
I dont think I had anything faster than this.

Guys that came to play freaked out how fast I got it going!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just put a new upper flipper bushing in, and man.... What a difference.....Can you spot the mis-shapen brass?!

i love these rewarding fixes. that upper loop shot is a bitch to keep going and quite fun. i may have gotten 9 or 10 in a row at the most

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.