(Topic ID: 182390)

NO FEAR Is $2200 a fair purchasing price for this game?

By rtotans

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I just sold my Xfiles game and now saw a No fear which I can get for $2200, is it worth it? Is that a good price? I always like to get a game I can resell and recoup my money in order to purchase another game down the line. From what I'm told from a friend, it's in good condition. Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Yes although I personally don't like the game. 2200 is no risk purchase to you.

#3 2 years ago

Even a faded cabinet at $2200 is a solid deal in today's market.

#4 2 years ago

I've only played the virtual version- and even that is fun!-- $2200 bucks seems like a good deal.

#5 2 years ago

I think I just sold one with a really beat cab for $1900. $2200 is probably fair depending on condition.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

2200 is no risk purchase to you.

No Fear purchase, perhaps ... No? Okay.

#7 2 years ago

No. Faded cab, 1600-1800. Not faded 1800-2000

Try selling it and you will see how true this is.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from rtotans:

I just sold my Xfiles game and now saw a No fear which I can get for $2200, is it worth it? Is that a good price? I always like to get a game I can resell and recoup my money in order to purchase another game down the line. From what I'm told from a friend, it's in good condition. Thanks

I think No Fear is a bargain game if the ramps are intact and there is still some color to the cabinet art. Lots to shoot for, and none of it is easy. Offer $2K? Even at $2200 it's a decent buy.

#9 2 years ago

Always found the game to be challenging! Quick paced game, sold mine only because I got it cheap and had a pile of cash thrown at me for sale

#10 2 years ago

You don't have a location listed. If you are near me, you are welcome to come put some time on mine to see if you like the game.

#11 2 years ago

Fun game, I got $2,250 a year ago full color cabinet.

#12 2 years ago

Sounds like a fair price to me. Seems like Williams DMDs have gone up a bit in the past year.

#13 2 years ago

I've played it at several pinball shows and liked it... I remember one of the shows (TPF, I think) had one that that was really tricked out with great lighting and was very tough. If you've got the money ready go for it!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#14 2 years ago

One of the best B title games for the money but if cab is faded try to get it for 2k or under, also check the ramps for cracks and make sure the magnets on the back on the ramp are working.

#15 2 years ago

I wouldn't sell my LED'd one with faded cabinet below $2000.

#16 2 years ago

$2200 is not unreasonable but it is on the higher side so I would expect zero playfield wear (these actually have held up well I've rarely seen playfield wear on them) and no credit dot, plus an unmelted mag ramp.

I paid $1950 for a copy with an average cab and average mag ramp. plays 100%.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from rtotans:

you will be fine. 2200 is normal range on this title currently.

Fun table. I just loaned mine out to a friend and I am betting he really enjoys it after it is all cleaned up. Fun and fast guilty pleasure sort of game.

#18 2 years ago

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your feedback. I picked it up today, and it's in showroom condition. I was actually surprised how clean, shiny, and beautifully kept. The play field was excellent, the plastics were perfect and all new LED lights. I was very impressed. The cabinet was in great condition as well, except one side which was slightly faded. To me, that's fine. it blows away my Xfiles I had out of the water. Even under the play field was immaculate. Private owner, I guess does that.

#19 2 years ago

You'll get your money's worth for sure. I played the heck out of No Fear on location and one I had in my collection for quite some time. One of the faster playing games out there.

#20 2 years ago

No pop bumbers. Game needs pop numbers. Great game on route, but not for the home. Pop bumpers is a MUST have with pinball. You'll see after 6months. Great game, but would have been better. Price it south of 2k and your good.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

No pop bumbers. Game needs pop numbers. Great game on route, but not for the home. Pop bumpers is a MUST have with pinball. You'll see after 6months. Great game, but would have been better. Price it south of 2k and your good.

really? Pop bumpers take up tons of space and are one of the least essential pf toys in my opinion.

#22 2 years ago

The Shadow is a great pin and it doesn't have pop bumpers.

#23 2 years ago

Dont know where you're located but I know of a very nice one for sale in Milwaukee for 2100.00. PM me if interested and I'll give you his contact info.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really? Pop bumpers take up tons of space and are one of the least essential pf toys in my opinion.

Quoted from onemoresean:

The Shadow is a great pin and it doesn't have pop bumpers.

In my view pop bumpers are essential in pinball, just like flippers or slings.The movement makes things wild and unpredictable. Every game without pop bumpers is a pinball machine with a stigma. Play a machine without a pop bumper and you will always feel something missing.

#25 2 years ago

In my view pop bumpers are essential in pinball, just like flippers or slings.The movement makes things wild and unpredictable. Every game without pop bumpers is a pinball machine with a stigma. Play a machine without a pop bumper and you will always feel something missing.

I've had mine for a few years now, never noticed it didn't have pop bumpers til you just told me....wonder if that's why I like it so much. Rumor has it that this will be sterns next cost cutting move.....I kid.... to each their own.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I've had mine for a few years now, never noticed it didn't have pop bumpers til you just told me....wonder if that's why I like it so much. Rumor has it that this will be sterns next cost cutting move.....I kid.... to each their own.

by and large Stren pop bumpers are protected and not randomizers at all. It has been nice to see that on Kiss and not Aero, they are once again a good randomizer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside