(Topic ID: 285020)

No Fear extra ball button, slingshots & kick back not working after LED installa

By mikespins

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mikespins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220130_220213.jpg
20210103_202611.jpg
1d03ba67fc3001517b5a6b7895ad77a34791f884.png (resized).png
20210103_090241 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi all. The extra ball button on my #NF stopped working after installing LED bulbs on the Playfield. I didn't mess with anything near that button, but I did try to take off the launch / no fear button and failed at it, so I stopped. I put the wires back on that button properly and it works fine, and the wires don't seem to be shared with the extra ball button, however, the extra ball button does not work now.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Maybe a photo of the wiring would help.
How does the existing wiring compare to what the manual says should be there?

The existing wiring wasn't touched, so it is what the manual says it should be. Here is the extra ball button.
20210103_090241 (resized).jpg20210103_090241 (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

All wires on button, bottom left orange/white looks like it needs to be pushed on more? Gotta be something easy.

Unfortunately that didn't work. I also tried to jump the wires and it didn't work.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from mbt:

The launch button light uses the same yellow gray wire that the start button and extra ball button lights use. Check to see if the wire connection on the lauch button is good. It may have come loose while you were working on it.

OK thanks.

It also seems as though the slingshots aren't working now either.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Fuse or wiring.

Any insight on where to start looking? The fuses in the back box seem to be ok.

Quoted from Bongiorno:

Go to settings..c if it is on to have the extra ball for a buy in..

It is.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

Did u change bulbs with the game on? If so u blew a fuse check with a meter on the fuse sometimes they look good but there toast..

Yes I did. Ok I will check fuses, thanks.

Quoted from Jrotten:

If fuses look ok doesn’t mean they are good, so game will start, no slingshots or buy in? Check continuity on fuses with a digital multimeter set to ohms or continuity audible. I still think something got knocked loose while you were doing the led conversion, like a wire connector somewhere.

Correct, the game will start but the extra ball button and slingshots are not working. I will check the fuses again.

Thanks.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Led installed in the extra ball switch? Would check the bulb it's self sometimes they are a little large.
Had this issue when LED install you could not get enough depth on push to trigger switch

There is no led in the switch.

It seems as though the extra ball light, slingshots and kick back are not working.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

Check for loose wireson all that are not working

Thank you.

#24 3 years ago

So its looking like I fried the ULN2803 array on the CPU board. I am impatiently waiting for the replacements from Marco (and also Amazon - https://amzn.to/3b8pesg) to show up tomorrow!

I will certainly post the results, and I thank you all again for the help.

#25 3 years ago

I'm very happy to say that my NF is fixed! The problem wad the ULN2803, I fried it while swapping the Playfield lights. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out!!

#26 3 years ago

Thanks again for the help @mbt!

1 year later
#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Slekawa:

Hey could you please help me on mine? Same issues, I’m not a pro so I don’t know what matrixes are. If you can please send a pic or something please lol.

The chip is near the batteries on the bottom left of the backbox. Mine was socketed, I'm hoping yours is too. I beleive it's U20. Since that other link is sold out, try these https://amzn.to/3s3Eb5F

This is the location of the chip
20210103_202611.jpg20210103_202611.jpg

In this area
20220130_220213.jpg20220130_220213.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 37.50
$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-extra-ball-stopped-working-after-led-installation?tu=mikespins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.