• Latest reply 5 years ago by dougpw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

target (resized).jpg
opto (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dougpw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

No Fear machine is having a few issues and I am trying to figure out if they would be related.
1. Known issues in test report: check switch 16 spinner, check switch F1 R Flipper EOS, check switch F3 L Flipper EOS.
2. Problems the game is having: the drop target is chattering lik crazy after game is played for a few minutes. Multiball is only sending one ball into play in does not send multiple balls into play.

Notes: I recently reinstalled a new switch to the drop target as the previous owner had cut a wire to the solenoid because the stop plate broke and the switch arm broke. It functioned fine for around 15 - 20 games.

Thanks for any ideas.

#3 5 years ago

Update: the flippers had a broken switch and a pulled wire from the other switch. That problem is solved. No more errors other than the spinner which i know is missing completely. So with the glass off i can get all four balls in the game. It initializes and is looking for balls. It shoots into the skydiving lane to set in the the trough. The ball then is not staying in that locked position and it pops out of the cave back into the loading area. It shoots one more ball into the skydiving area and does the same thing. does not stay. it shoots back out of the cave into the loading area. ball pops out into the shooting lane when game is started. i then activate multiball by manually rolling balls into the lock. it goes to pop a ball back into play and nothing happens i suppose because a ball is not already in the lock when game initiallizes i.e. all four balls are in the loading area upon the start of the game and one was never kept in the lock (trough). It then finds a ball which was the last into the skydive lock (or any other lock) puts it into play and the drop target starts going nuts.

#4 5 years ago

Update 2: Trough test shows popper opto 1 not seen. Does this mean opto needs replaced? All wiring looks to be in place. on the drop target thing i believe I had it assembled incorrectly. Never did that before so I tried to go by the schematic but dont think i nailed it. I re assembled it and ran the switch arm between the stop reset plate and the target. seems to operate fine except it goes up when its suppose to go down and vice versa. can these be wired backwards? Thx

opto (resized).jpgopto (resized).jpgtarget (resized).jpgtarget (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

Update: the drop target switch was stuck and it had a bad opto at popper 1. Still not activating multiball like it should.

#6 5 years ago

Multiball was fixed by installing anti mag sheild in the trough. Balls were magnetized and sticking a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dougpw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-drop-target-going-nuts?tu=dougpw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.