Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tomass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am trying to diagnose a problem. I powered up a No Fear and a couple coils locked up. I blew 104 and 105 fuses, which I replaced. Machine boots but now none of the dedicated switches work and I am trying to find the problem. Trying to understand the schematics and it seems like I can jump a 5v line to each of these pins on the mpu board to see if they work? If so I can pinpoint the problem to board or not. Any help appreciated, thanks.

#2 4 years ago

Any signs of battery corrosion on the CPU?

#3 4 years ago

No. It was already set up with remote battery and was working fine prior to the issue.

#4 4 years ago

Aren't dedicated switches running through your fliptronics board ?

LTG : )

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Aren't dedicated switches running through your fliptronics board ?

I will have to check that. It didn't look that way, but I could easily have missed something. Seems to show from coin door board to cpu board.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I will have to check that. It didn't look that way, but I could easily have missed something. Seems to show from coin door board to cpu board.

On WPC95 they go to the CPU.

Sorry if I confused you.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Trying to understand the schematics and it seems like I can jump a 5v line to each of these pins on the mpu board to see if they work?

They should are already at 5 volts. To activate you would jump ground to the pins of J205.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

They should are already at 5 volts. To activate you would jump ground to the pins of J205.

Ok, thanks. It has an explanation under the diagram, but I must have it backwards. Wanted to check before I did further damage testing it. Thank you!!

1 week later
#9 4 years ago

So just now getting back to this. When I jump the pins to ground on the mpu, the swiches registers. Since it is all of them not working I assume it must be the ground circuit that serves the coin door. I think my best bet now is to test continuity out from the mpu to the coin door and find the break. I will post as resolved if I find the issue.

#10 4 years ago

Found a ground wire on the coin door disconnected. Everything seems to be in order. Thanks to everyone who added pointers. Merry Christmas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
Boards
PinSound

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-dedicated-switches-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.