DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3054 (resized).jpg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpg
IMG_3065 (resized).jpg
CE86C092-00E7-44FE-AAC0-2D95A74457CF (resized).jpeg
71F05DE9-8E22-41E1-B14B-C11AE9D7DDF1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-09-03 101645 (resized).png
16907318102778490227468765102185 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider data_eastside.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1056 1 year ago

Just bought a NF.. awesome game! Having a blast with it so far. Quick question- I noticed that when I hit the skydive shot a lot of the time, especially with I hit it with decent speed, it seems to skip right over the scoop and come back to the flippers. Is there supposed to be a piece of rubber or something to prevent that from happening? I can't imagine it was designed so you have to hit it slow for it to go in the scoop?

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm not understanding "skip right over the scoop"... Are you talking about it bouncing off the drop target?

No- when the drop target is down and I shoot it into the skydive shot it frequently just comes straight back to the flippers. Like it goes over the scoop, hits the metal behind the scoop, and comes back down the lane towards the flippers

#1059 1 year ago

I'm thinking it must be missing part #01-12613 ?

#1061 1 year ago

I dialed in the flippers and gave her a good waxing and it's playing so smooth. Really loving this game so far. Are there any must have mods ?

thumbnail (47) (resized).jpgthumbnail (47) (resized).jpg
#1067 1 year ago

I had spinner snap when playing today. Is there any solution other than replacing it? Also how do I get the other side off so I can keep playing until it's fixed? It seems like the metal arm is attached to the spinner and the other side doesn't come out from the gate

thumbnail (58) (resized).jpgthumbnail (58) (resized).jpg
#1069 1 year ago

Thank you. Looking closer it looks like there's no way to repair so I'll just order a new one.

1 month later
#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from exnooyorka:

I experimented a bit this weekend with what I had on-hand. Learned a few things others struggling with this problem might appreciate.
I had the 01-12613 on hand so I test-fitted it by holding it underneath the playfield and discovered that the angle of that bracket would prevent the ball from fitting into the hole.
Put the bracket in a vise and used a universal pinball troubleshooting tool (mini sledgehammer) to bend the bracket such that the part the pinball would hit ends up perpendicular to the playfield.
Installed the bracket with one screw and play-tested.
100% of the shots bounced back, 0% dropped into the hole.
Thought I could tinker with the angle a bit, but given how little clearance there is between the bracket and the hole I decided to go a different direction.
I fashioned my own bracket out of corrugated cardboard. Added another universal troubleshooting aid (duct tape) to the bracket to strengthen the bent part and the area fastened by the screws.
Play-tested for the better part of an hour and 100% of the shots to the skydive fell into the hole, 0% bounced back.
I'll be interested to see how well this solution holds up. I anticipate I'll need to add a metal strip between the screw heads and the duct-tape-reinforced cardboard as I see that as a major wear point.
But for home use, I'm giving this a "plausible" rating as the correct part does not seem to be available.
Use thick cardboard, though. I cut mine from a Chewy shipping box. Those things are really sturdy. [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job getting it to work!! That's annoying that Marco sells the wrong part. I got lucky since I found the missing bracket in the bottom of the machine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Caldwell, ID
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider data_eastside.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better?tu=data_eastside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.