DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3054 (resized).jpg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpg
IMG_3065 (resized).jpg
CE86C092-00E7-44FE-AAC0-2D95A74457CF (resized).jpeg
71F05DE9-8E22-41E1-B14B-C11AE9D7DDF1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-09-03 101645 (resized).png
16907318102778490227468765102185 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago

Getting ready to leave this club sadly. It's a great game but sometimes you gotta get rid of one club to join another. I have been playing the hell out of mine before she goes.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I'm in the club No Fear was my first game I just put new ramps on about 6 months ago from pinball inc.

Do they still have the jump ramp even though it isn't listed?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Try Curly Little Shop of Games.com that's where I got mine

Yeah they don;t have them listed. I already have one just wondered if they started making them again. Thanks.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Put me in! I played the heck out of No Fear at an arcade back in '95, and I found it to be the last B/W title of that era that I really loved. The theme, the art, the music, the super fast gameplay, and the attitude suited me just fine.

It's funny because I always say I refused to play it when it came out because of the cheese factor (I guess younger people today would have to equate "No Fear" with "Ed Hardy" of recent years).
But working in an arcade after awHile I broke down and played it and was certain(t)ly shown the error of my ways.
The sheer fact that it's ALL SHOTS is just great. I VERY rarely hit the lock shot/skydive wiht the left flipper, yet I try it all the time because the game tricks you in to thinking you can make any shot at any time.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Mine is full restored and looks like new:

Slowest jump ramp in history (well other than that youtube clip kid)

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Slowest jump ramp in history (well other than that youtube clip kid)

Quoted from rygar:

Here is a nice gameplay video (the interesting part begins at 1:12) » YouTube video

And therrrrre he is. I like to call him "old Johnny 1 magnet."

#36 10 years ago

Nice! My apologize sir.
Champion Johnny 1 magnet...there's probably 2 in there

#38 10 years ago

Mine is technically set up the same way after I moved...but it must have got angry since then. Same pitch but much much faster & harder now. No real reason I can find other than possession.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Oh and some use for the right ramp

Yeah not much going there.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

What are all these clubs on here? If you have the game or something, best I can guess.

Correct. That's why some say "All Welcome" if you don;t own it.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

So even if I rent , or in my case lease the game, I can be in the club? I can't afford maintenance on a pinball machine.

Sure. Or you could buy mine...no maintenance required.

1 week later
#53 9 years ago

Handing in my resignation papers for the club. Sad to see old Skull leave the house but these things happen. Went to a nice home.

It's been an honor and a privilege serving with you all.

5 months later
#119 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Multiball seems way to easy to get on this, What do you think

Well I don;t know if it really matters that much. Some games are easy, some games are harder. AFM/MM Multi every shot is a jackpot so you never know.

5 months later
#147 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Worth trying, right? Just put the cap back in the hole if you don't like it.

That's up to you only, as there isn't a hole there from the factory.

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My No Fear has a factory hole...

Ah then, you have a prototype. NF with a post is a little sketchy, but if it helps you play go for it.

8 months later
#184 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Did the back glass in all white LEDs, way to bright, a lot of glare on the glass can not even see the bottom of the skull, what are my options? image.jpeg

Since you've already bought the LEDS, you can use the 1/2 to 2/3 rule and NOT use every socket in the back box. Just fill /2- 2/3 of them and it will take the glare wayyyy down.
Other options are to get dimmer bulbs, which is hard because everything is marketed to be super annoyingly bright

1 month later
#201 8 years ago

I never had any issues either....more of an operator thing than home use.

3 months later
#211 7 years ago

Yeah to find NF WITHOUT a dead mag is impossible if buying form a non pinhead. NF PFs are usually good other than dented inlane where the ball drops. Enjoy!

#214 7 years ago

Does the skull work? That was a tricky little one I didn't think aboot when I bought mine...turned out the coil and a few pieces inside were missing...that was a lame ass $25 fix I didn't see

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Only issue I need to fix is replacing the GI connector on the board because the upper GI is out.

Also standard NF crispy board connectors

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

As an FYI, the ramp set is listed as back in stock at Marco Pinball, for those of us with melted ramps. Mine is still useable enough that I can't justify the $220 right now. If I decide it's a long term keeper, then all bets are off

The good thing aboot NF is with good magents, the burnt ramp doesn't affect anything really. I bought a back up ramp because mine was melted, and had glue and crap on it from op glueing a metal strip over the magnets. Never even put it on because everything worked fine.

#226 7 years ago

Yep they love that trick

2 weeks later
#237 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Still trying to figure out the cabinet slot issue along with how the heck do you get to the magnets? Remove everything from the playfield?

If memory serves, they are on a little metal tray that is attached to the backboard. Which I believe can only be accessed from the front, but check the back to be sure. But I thik you have to take the jump ramp off...which of course means most other things.

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I was just wanting to remove the back panel whole and slide it out from under the ramp, but guessing that's not an option either?

Interesting theory...I don't think there's wiring in the front of the mags...just the back so It might work that way. I could look at shop out pics when I get home around 8:30est if you'd like...see if we can learn anything from them.

10 months later
#271 7 years ago
Quoted from goredaimon:

I have a question. Are Jump ramps always burned?

Pretty much yes. on Location games Magnets get stuck on and burn the ramp and then burn out the magnets themselves. often Operators put pieces of metal over the magnets to keep the game running.
Make sure to test all your magnets in the test menu to make sure yours work.

EDIT: You don't need to worry aboot the ramp burning in home use though; it will be fine.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

My understanding is there is a bug in the 1.0 software that locks those magnets on in the back.

Ahhhh interesting fact thanks.

4 months later
#311 6 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Turns out that this game is a number 11prototype.

Interesting to see what it would have played like with the inline drops. Probably added the staged ball when they took them out. Don;t think I'd seen that one before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.