DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3054 (resized).jpg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpg
IMG_3065 (resized).jpg
CE86C092-00E7-44FE-AAC0-2D95A74457CF (resized).jpeg
71F05DE9-8E22-41E1-B14B-C11AE9D7DDF1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-09-03 101645 (resized).png
16907318102778490227468765102185 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 9 years ago

There is a video of Keith Elwin tearing up NF with a killer score I believe during a 2010 pin brawl tournament in Chicago. Check it out.

2 weeks later
#88 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Definetly

image-669.jpg 156 KB

Dang, that must have been one long freakin' game endurance test. Nice job. Did you loop the super jackpot shot on the jump ramp a bunch of times in succesion while in Multi-ball?

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Question time:
On my NF, about half the time the ball successfully goes into the skydive (behind the drop target) on the plunge and the other half it just rattles out or misses completely.
What's the best way to adjust it to more consistently hit the skydive on the plunge as it's supposed to?

Look at the last post by me in this thread. This is how I ended up solving the problem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-no-fear-after-acdc#post-1313119

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

That's a good tip. I am getting the same results as K3V and I noticed the very end of that metal guide is indented slightly. Hopefully re-straightening it a little will fix it.

I actually reshaped the entire guide, by flattening the curve in the middle of it. It allows the ball to come out of the shooter lane at a slightly higher arc and hitting the Skydive hole further up along the left metal guide rail, if that is clear.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Just found this thread. NF is my favorite game - the only grail I had when I started collecting last year. In college I worked at a bowling alley that had one in '95 and we would play it after closing on a regular basis for hours.
I managed to find an HOU one (first owned by Emmitt Smith, I'm the 3rd owner) which was super nice. It's still original as I just can't bring myself to install even LEDs. I did disable Sammy, because he was so loud and I couldn't figure out how to quiet down the mechanism. Someday soon I'll bring it into the shop and give it another try as well as change out all the rubber as I'm sure all those post sleeves are getting a little hard.
Play Better!

Has anyone done anything specific to getting the talking skull mechanism to be quieter? The loud noise seems to be endemic to this mechanism. I have taken mine apart, cleaned it, and even put some teflon oil on all the hinge parts, which helped a little but not by alot.

1 month later
#114 9 years ago

They all get beat up bad at that curve. I got a new ramp and immediately installed the cliffy protector in it. No problems with it.

1 month later
#116 9 years ago

Great! I'm glad it is helping. My launcher still gets the ball in the skydive hole everytime after this easy fix. Sure makes the game play better.

5 months later
#153 9 years ago

My no fear has the center hole plastic plug also. It looks factory to me..

#157 9 years ago

Paint and car mods look cool. Nice job

4 months later
#160 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Had some protectors made up by Laseriffic, liking the orange.

IMG_0784.jpg

just saw this. those look cool. Does he make them or just special order only?

#163 8 years ago

Tht's because there are tons of posts to brick your ball on.. Plenty of post sleeves...

3 months later
#186 8 years ago

Looks very nice. I like your Aqua/blue on the water. Cool.

#190 8 years ago

Thanks. I am going try to copy you!

1 month later
#200 8 years ago

Many of the original NF main ramps were melted from the magnets. Later code revisions addressed the problems and corrected the original burn issues. I replaced my main ramp that had been melted at some point before I bought the game. I replaced the magnets also and have not had any problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better?tu=Chet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.