DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3054 (resized).jpg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpg
IMG_3065 (resized).jpg
CE86C092-00E7-44FE-AAC0-2D95A74457CF (resized).jpeg
71F05DE9-8E22-41E1-B14B-C11AE9D7DDF1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-09-03 101645 (resized).png
16907318102778490227468765102185 (resized).jpg
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Oh cleaned up the optos and the game has been acting normal since then. Thanks!

Cool! Glad you got it working.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from OpSteel:

Got mine a year ago, never saw the club post till now.
Has anyone done the ColorDMD upgrade? I want to, but have not been able to justify the $400 price tag on it to the wife.

It's on my list to fit a ColorDMD by the end of the year once i have restored my No Fear.

Hopefully someone fits one before then so we can see how great it looks.

#303 6 years ago

ColorDMD looks awesome in NF, then again it looks awesome in any machine you put one in. IMHO it's worth the 400.00 upgrade, just keep the original DMD that you remove because there are so many titles in color now that if you choose to sell NF to buy another game most likely it will have the color rom done so drop the original back in and you'll be able to drop the colordmd in the new one.

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

ColorDMD looks awesome in NF, then again it looks awesome in any machine you put one in. IMHO it's worth the 400.00 upgrade, just keep the original DMD that you remove because there are so many titles in color now that if you choose to sell NF to buy another game most likely it will have the color rom done so drop the original back in and you'll be able to drop the colordmd in the new one.

Sure..... Rub it in that you have NF with a colordmd

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Sure..... Rub it in that you have NF with a colordmd

LOL nah, we actually had something just happen so I might be selling off my entire collection I have to weigh my options. So I might have none with a ColorDMD soon, down from 6.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

It's on my list to fit a ColorDMD by the end of the year once i have restored my No Fear.
Hopefully someone fits one before then so we can see how great it looks.

Here's a link to a gameplay video that Walter Lonzen shared!

#307 6 years ago

Nice video wow he is a good player.

#308 6 years ago

So it took me a little longer to shop my NoFear. Due to the fact that as I was working on the game, (turn to reach for a tool) I ended up breaking my ankle. Which I think is ironic seeing as the game is about action sports. Feeling better so it was time to finish the shop.

As I was taking the game apart I started to notice a few strange things. Like rough cut plastics and extra screw holes in the playfield. A rough cut hole for a GI socket to stick through the playfield. Plus red light boards along with two holes that were plugged for additional drop targets. Turns out that this game is a number 11prototype. Pretty cool I thought.

20170812_222358 (resized).jpg20170812_222358 (resized).jpg
20170412_175650 (resized).jpg20170412_175650 (resized).jpg
20170531_200942 (resized).jpg20170531_200942 (resized).jpg
20170531_122323 (resized).jpg20170531_122323 (resized).jpg
20170531_122603 (resized).jpg20170531_122603 (resized).jpg
20170531_102504 (resized).jpg20170531_102504 (resized).jpg
20170531_124156 (resized).jpg20170531_124156 (resized).jpg

#309 6 years ago

Nice on the prototype. I'm about to do a full shop job on mine. Doubt I will get as lucky and find that mine is

I'm really trying to figure out a way to convince the wife I need to go color. No such luck yet .

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from OpSteel:

Nice on the prototype. I'm about to do a full shop job on mine. Doubt I will get as lucky and find that mine is
I'm really trying to figure out a way to convince the wife I need to go color. No such luck yet .

Just order it.
Forgiveness is easier to ask for than permission.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Turns out that this game is a number 11prototype.

Interesting to see what it would have played like with the inline drops. Probably added the staged ball when they took them out. Don;t think I'd seen that one before.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Just order it.
Forgiveness is easier to ask for than permission.

As much as I would love to do that, I can't afford the child support it would require in the end.
I'm going to probably have to get her a Crystal Castle before I can get away with that.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Interesting to see what it would have played like with the inline drops. Probably added the staged ball when they took them out. Don;t think I'd seen that one before.

I agree. You can see the three screw holes for each drop on the bottom where the did have them installed. The wiring appears to still be there for them too. Although the game has 2.3 roms, I assume the roms for the drops is some early beta that'd be cool to try but hard to come by.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

maybe the precursor to the Danesi Lock

#315 6 years ago

Getting ready to do a full tear down and shop job on mine. TPF did a number on it last Spring and I have been putting this off for too long.

Plan on removing everything on the playfield so I can clean and wax it right as well as add mylar under the ball drop. I have a dent there after TPF. I'm also going to replace all the coil sleeves, rubber, and the third flipper bat as it was rather dirty looking when I got it. Anything I need to look out for during this? I have never attempted this level of a shop before. I plan on taking a ton of pictures and placing the hardware for each area in its own individual baggies.

Also, reading through the thread, I see where Frax had quite a few issues getting his up and running. Well, his is the one I have, and I would like to say, he did a great job of getting it functioning again.

#316 6 years ago

Put Color DMD and LEDs

12385 (resized).jpeg12385 (resized).jpeg

12384 (resized).jpeg12384 (resized).jpeg

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Put Color DMD and LEDs

Looks good.
What setting do you like more?

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from OpSteel:

Getting ready to do a full tear down and shop job on mine. TPF did a number on it last Spring and I have been putting this off for too long.
Plan on removing everything on the playfield so I can clean and wax it right as well as add mylar under the ball drop. I have a dent there after TPF. I'm also going to replace all the coil sleeves, rubber, and the third flipper bat as it was rather dirty looking when I got it. Anything I need to look out for during this? I have never attempted this level of a shop before. I plan on taking a ton of pictures and placing the hardware for each area in its own individual baggies.
Also, reading through the thread, I see where Frax had quite a few issues getting his up and running. Well, his is the one I have, and I would like to say, he did a great job of getting it functioning again.

This game is pretty easy to shop. Without pop bumpers and only a few rubbers to replace it's pretty straight forward. Lots of pictures and one thing that I always do is, take pictures of the posts with a scale/ruler next to them while they are still in the playfield. Some of the posts are close in sizes and there is nothing worse then putting a game together and finding out that the wrong post is installed and you need to remove half the ramps and whatnot to get back to that post. Good luck.

#319 6 years ago

I just got a stuck ball on the right loop switch the other day...
Anyone else ever have this happen?
Ideas to help this never to happen again? hahaha

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I just got a stuck ball on the right loop switch the other day...
Anyone else ever have this happen?
Ideas to help this never to happen again? hahaha

Lift the playfield and remove the switch. Give the wire that sticks through the playfield a bend so its not as tall. Might have to straighten the wire a bit. Then reinstall the switch. Lower playfield and go in to switch edge tests and roll ball over switch to make sure it's registering.

#321 6 years ago

This game is pretty easy to shop. Without pop bumpers and only a few rubbers to replace it's pretty straight forward. Lots of pictures and one thing that I always do is, take pictures of the posts with a scale/ruler next to them while they are still in the playfield. Some of the posts are close in sizes and there is nothing worse then putting a game together and finding out that the wrong post is installed and you need to remove half the ramps and whatnot to get back to that post. Good luck.

Had not thought about the posts. Thanks for that tip. Hopefully I can get started this weekend.

3 months later
#322 6 years ago

I just picked up a nice No Fear recently, and the slingshots and kicker are not firing in gameplay, pulled the glass, hit the switches, nothing. Went into test mode and tried them in the solenoid tests, and they work. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should look at next? Thanks in advance!

#323 6 years ago

Have you run a switch test?

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Have you run a switch test?

Hi, thanks for your response, I did run a switch test, 4 were not registering, did more digging, found a bad connection on the plastic wire connector J207 at the board, all fixed now, back to flippin!

#325 6 years ago

Glad you got it figured out. Now "Play Better!"

1 week later
#326 6 years ago

missed out on this game for so long. picked up one last week and it's so fun. pics to come although the cab is pretty faded.

1 week later
#327 6 years ago

Hello Members, I got a question. My no fear has an issiue. At power on the game shoot up one bull, which should have been go in place well. But mine not, almost every time its do 3 or 4 time to gets the ball up. (Sure problem affect's on game play too at each ball start. Not fun and fast this way)
The problem is when the ball hits up near the ramp where the skydiver plastic always cracks, its did not get the curve well, and loose its path and hardly or not go up in to the needed direction.

Yes i know i had to change the shooting vector or do some adjustment. But here is my question. Is there a typical procedure to do this adjustment right?
I will wait for any info or reply.
Best Regards:Laszlo

#328 6 years ago

I used trial and error of moving the metal guide rail on the right of the shooter lane to send it in the correct place. If you remove the plastic to the right of that rail, you will see the screw hole near the top that enables adjustment. Good luck!

2 weeks later
#329 6 years ago

I've also had my auto kicker come loose and create problems. Might be worth checking and tightening as well in additino to what setzkor said.

1 week later
#330 6 years ago

Greetings,
I just got a NF that needs some healing.
The switch for the drop target is not wired. Would one of you fine chaps be kind enough to take a picture of how the switch for the drop target is supposed to be wired?

Also, it came with a DB3 switch and a DB5. The 3 is rated at .1A and the 5 is 1A. Which is best for the drop target?

Thanks!

#331 6 years ago

So it took me a little longer to shop my NoFear. Due to the fact that as I was working on the game, (turn to reach for a tool) I ended up breaking my ankle. Which I think is ironic seeing as the game is about action sports. Feeling better so it was time to finish the shop.
As I was taking the game apart I started to notice a few strange things. Like rough cut plastics and extra screw holes in the playfield. A rough cut hole for a GI socket to stick through the playfield. Plus red light boards along with two holes that were plugged for additional drop targets. Turns out that this game is a number 11prototype. Pretty cool I thought.

What LEDs did you use?

#332 6 years ago

So... Is anyone able to help me with my previous question?

#333 6 years ago

Kyle I won't be able to get to mine for a few days but next time I'm at that location I will.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What LEDs did you use?

Sorry. Just seen this.

I use Comet 5050 non ghosting natural white with frosted domes for GI. Inserts I use the same LED, but with clear domes. If the inserts are to bright I'll change them to frosted domes. I know its a little more to buy these particular LED's, but to me they look the best.

#335 6 years ago

Thanks, Coco!

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Greetings,
I just got a NF that needs some healing.
The switch for the drop target is not wired. Would one of you fine chaps be kind enough to take a picture of how the switch for the drop target is supposed to be wired?
Also, it came with a DB3 switch and a DB5. The 3 is rated at .1A and the 5 is 1A. Which is best for the drop target?
Thanks!

Is this what you need?

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180211201118679_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180211201118679_COVER (resized).jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180211200944094_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180211200944094_COVER (resized).jpg

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Is this what you need?

Yes, now I know how to wire the switch. Thanks!

Now, I just need to know which switch to use. The DB3 .1A or the DB5 1A.

#338 6 years ago

Per IPDB and the manual, the original was part # 5647-12693-31

Which per PBL is a DA3, replaceable by DB3...

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3528

...however another DA3 switch they list the DB5 as a replacement...so could be a typo somewhere...

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2996

...clear as mud.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Per IPDB and the manual, the original was part # 5647-12693-31
Which per PBL is a DA3, replaceable by DB3...
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3528
...however another DA3 switch they list the DB5 as a replacement...so could be a typo somewhere...
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2996
...clear as mud.

Got to love it. Well, I suppose I'll try the DB3. If the machine catches on fire, we'll know it should have been the DB5. lol

1 month later
#340 6 years ago

Hi, need grafixfiles or scans of the NO FEAR Cabinet Decals. Want restore it. Please write me, when you got it on your pc

3 weeks later
#341 5 years ago

Happy to be part of the NF Club!! I am refurbishing a unit right now and need a TON of parts.. Can't find a Translite or Apron ANYWHERE... I may need other extras that you may have.. Hit me up and help me get this thing running!!!

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from illiterate:

Happy to be part of the NF Club!! I am refurbishing a unit right now and need a TON of parts.. Can't find a Translite or Apron ANYWHERE... I may need other extras that you may have.. Hit me up and help me get this thing running!!!

You can find apron and another parts if you need.
Seller is reliable.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-pinball-parts

#343 5 years ago

Does anyone know where this plugs into? Everything in the game seems to work 100% besides the skull moving his mouth.

IMG_3183 (resized).JPGIMG_3183 (resized).JPG

#344 5 years ago

No Fear fans !!! I am working on a mod for Bonehead....let me know what you think! I was tired of seeing wires etc.

bonehead (resized).jpgbonehead (resized).jpg

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know where this plugs into? Everything in the game seems to work 100% besides the skull moving his mouth.

Are you sure the skull is not disabled in software? I know I have mine disabled because the jaw is intermittent while I wait to rebuild. Do you hear the coil engage? I seem to recall there was an extra unused connector at the lower left of the playfield on mine as well...

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

No Fear fans !!! I am working on a mod for Bonehead....let me know what you think! I was tired of seeing wires etc.

I dig it! Thought of doing something similar...

#347 5 years ago

I would be in for a toung for my no fear.

2 months later
#348 5 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

[quoted image]

I like how the toung looks, just a bit weird a skull with a live toung. On mine machine i planned to use a black only cover, but this makes me thinking...
Can you share the graphic file with us?

1 week later
#349 5 years ago

New to the club! First time owning a pinball machine. I'm having an issue however:

The left magnet would catch/hold the ball sometimes, with audible buzzing. The game would have to time out before the ball was released. Short while later, the machine would fail a start up test, complaining about the left magnet specifically. Not knowing anything about pinball machines, I went through the menu a few times, playing with settings and tests. Doubt I did anything, but the machine got past the start up test, although the catch/hold/buzz continued.

Then the plunger stopped working. Further testing, all solenoids failed. Checked fuses, F103 was blown and replaced it with the correct 3A SB fuse. Everything was working again!... but it was short lived. A day later, the machine was on (sitting idle) and I heard a loud 3-5 second buzz while in the other room. Yep, plunger doesn't work again. Since that was my last 3A SB, I didn't bother opening it up, but assume that F103 is blown again.

What can I check for while waiting for more fuses?

Thank you!

#350 5 years ago

I think part on, the sticking magnets/ on to long. Check your software version when you first turn it on. Newest software is about 14 eBay, from Canada. Also I would test those magnets with an ohm meter. They should all 3 test the same. I am guessing 5 ohms. Any lower than 4 probably shorted bad magnet, any higher than 12 ohms probably bad. Marcos sells them. The buzz noise that electromagnet is just loose. Welcome to the club!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 37.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better/page/7?hl=onlydjz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.