DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3054 (resized).jpg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpg
IMG_3065 (resized).jpg
CE86C092-00E7-44FE-AAC0-2D95A74457CF (resized).jpeg
71F05DE9-8E22-41E1-B14B-C11AE9D7DDF1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-09-03 101645 (resized).png
16907318102778490227468765102185 (resized).jpg
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 24.
#251 7 years ago

Just ordered new ramps. My Jump ramp is more than I want to deal with. Filthy, burned, and the corner smashed in...

Jump ramp, right ramp, and subway will be for sale once I get the new ones in...Jump ramp despite it's issues is still useable with cliffys in place, IMO. I have the corner replacement one for the jump ramp. I'll likely be including the protectors I have, I don't see much point in putting them on thicker ramps, and they may not fit anyways. We'll see. Just giving people a heads up, if you REALLY need one of these items, let me know. I won't be asking a lot for them.

1 week later
#252 7 years ago

New ramps showed up today. Amazingly clean and the jump ramp looks to have all of the metal, so I hopefully don't have to rivet anything....awesome.

#253 7 years ago

Couple of setup questions:

I'm having trouble with ball hops out of the eject near the mountain. The coil seems to be firing it out pretty fast and it bounces out maybe 5-10% of the time. I put some electrical tape to absorb some of the impact, but it still happens. Also, the metal ramp there actually has dents from the ball falling down. Is this normal? Any fixes?

Second, the right flipper button has more play than I like. I've replaced the interrupter and gotten a new disc and button, but still can't get it the way I want. Has anyone removed the disc and just relocated the board to have the button hit it directly? I'm thinking I can put it diagonal without being in the way of all the other hardware.

#254 7 years ago

Pretty sure my wireform is dented there as well. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mine doesn't bounce out, but it's set up at max angle too.

I've run into a problem with the new ramps...they included all the riveted stuff, but for some retarded reason, they did NOT include the wireform for the one way gate near the magnets? The old one is pinched flat on one end so it can't be removed short of cutting it off, and then it's too short to stay I would think. Anyone got a source for these or can form one for me to use on my new ramp? I have no experience bending wire, and don't have the tools or a bending jig...

#255 7 years ago

Very easy to bend your own. You can buy wire at any hobby store. Use your old one for pattern.

2 months later
#256 7 years ago

I need so help pinside. I'm fixing up a no fear. I installed a new ramp set. A picture of this plastic deflector is missing from my game. I bought a planetary pinball repo set and it didn't come with one. so I ordered it through pinbits. But now I have to mount it with screws and post. But I don't know what size? The manual gives no reference to it. Can anyone help?. Most likely pinball life will have the parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks jeremy

20160409_111547 (resized).jpg20160409_111547 (resized).jpg

#257 7 years ago

I have a no fear. It's a great game. Will post some pics.

IMG_20151113_125445378 (resized).jpgIMG_20151113_125445378 (resized).jpg

IMG_20151113_125925048 (resized).jpgIMG_20151113_125925048 (resized).jpg

IMG_20151113_125442877 (resized).jpgIMG_20151113_125442877 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#258 7 years ago

Having an issue with the drop target not popping up starting a new game. Both solenoid tests to raise and drop the target work fine. The target simply will not raise/pop up during normal game play. Was not sure if this was a possible opto/switch issue. Searched around but did not find this exact issue elsewhere. Anybody experience this issue? Thanks in advance!

#259 7 years ago

I have a 1-way ball gate from the top of the accelerator ramp....when I was shipped a new ramp, it came without the inverted-hollow-T shaped wireform. I was sent a spare wireform by someone. Issue is the original is pinched flat on one end so you can't remove it from the bracket without cutting it.

If someone needs it, I'll be happy to send it to you for cost of shipping...kind of a pay-it-forward. The wire gate isn't available anywhere, you'd have to make your own. New ramps apparently come shipped with the bracket but NOT the wireform. I'd like to make sure the part goes to someone that legitimately needs it. You'd have to drill out the old rivets that are on there, and rivet it to your ramp, or cut the wire gate's flattened end off and hope there's enough left for it to not fall off.

3 weeks later
#260 7 years ago

I join the club. I did a fully restore on this one(will show later)
During testing i notice that 2 of the 3 magnets buzz. Is that normal ?
Thanks

Greetings

2 months later
#261 7 years ago

Just found this club! I got mine about a week ago. I cleaned her up, new legs, LEDs, few crispy connectors....Cleaned up really nice and what a fun game!

IMG_20170202_172300081 (resized).jpgIMG_20170202_172300081 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170130_182206937 (resized).jpgIMG_20170130_182206937 (resized).jpg

#262 7 years ago

Joined the club yesterday

Looking forward to shopping it out and playing it

IMG_1333 (resized).JPGIMG_1333 (resized).JPG

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Few mods I added to No Fear last night. First I painted the No Fear logo that is in the mountain with a red paint pen. Looks super!
Then I added a Valvoline race car I bought off eBay for $5 (including shipping) and a $2.17 Hot Wheels racing motorcycle. They both fill in spots that showed nothing but bare metal or clear plastic covering nothing in particular. Neither block any view of the ball and the Valvoline car looks pretty damn good in that spot because you see if often while making the ramp and jumps.

Thanks for the idea, painted my no fear cliff logo with a paint pen too. Nice little touch.

#264 7 years ago

Do you have pics of it, been thinking of doing something like that with a paint pen.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Do you have pics of it, been thinking of doing something like that with a paint pen.

IMG_20170207_172829438 (resized).jpgIMG_20170207_172829438 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170206_155736236 (resized).jpgIMG_20170206_155736236 (resized).jpg

#266 7 years ago

Work in progress. Must be one of the easiest pins to work on

After just few hours of dissassembling and cleaning already in built up phase. Playfield came out like new.

Only real drawback found till now are two toasted magnets. Replaced them but still not working (they do work when swapping with the one still working magnets) so replacing transistors is next step. The measured fine however so hmmm. Tested continuity cabling which is fine so must be transistors.

To be cntd

IMG_1381 (resized).JPGIMG_1381 (resized).JPG

#267 7 years ago

So, adding new magnets, replacing the transistors, adding skull coil and again replacing a fried transistor, tweaking switches, fixing loose wires from their solderjoints, testplaying a few hours (hard work but somebody has to do it ) and again some tweaking the work is reaching endstage (I hope at least).

A real fast addictive steve Ritchie pin, exactly as I like it

Already added some leds in the skull and a strip at the cabinet end to give it some color.

Play better !!

1 week later
#268 7 years ago

That looks good, like it should be that way stock.

1 month later
#270 7 years ago

I just joined the club today!

My NF needs a lot of job. Starts with a new plastic ramp set.

I have a question. Are Jump ramps always burned?

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from goredaimon:

I have a question. Are Jump ramps always burned?

Pretty much yes. on Location games Magnets get stuck on and burn the ramp and then burn out the magnets themselves. often Operators put pieces of metal over the magnets to keep the game running.
Make sure to test all your magnets in the test menu to make sure yours work.

EDIT: You don't need to worry aboot the ramp burning in home use though; it will be fine.

#272 7 years ago

The condition of that ramp was unknown to me when I bought mine. Got lucky, and no burn or melt at all on mine

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pretty much yes. on Location games Magnets get stuck on and burn the ramp and then burn out the magnets themselves. often Operators put pieces of metal over the magnets to keep the game running.
Make sure to test all your magnets in the test menu to make sure yours work.
EDIT: You don't need to worry aboot the ramp burning in home use though; it will be fine.

My understanding is there is a bug in the 1.0 software that locks those magnets on in the back. They stay on too long and start to heat up and melt the back of the ramp. I would recommend getting the last game rom revision that they released. I believe it is 2.3 If you don't have an eprom burner, just order the rom. I found one on ebay for less than $10.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

My understanding is there is a bug in the 1.0 software that locks those magnets on in the back.

Ahhhh interesting fact thanks.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

My understanding is there is a bug in the 1.0 software that locks those magnets on in the back. They stay on too long and start to heat up and melt the back of the ramp. I would recommend getting the last game rom revision that they released. I believe it is 2.3 If you don't have an eprom burner, just order the rom. I found one on ebay for less than $10.

Very nice. I'll update it.

1 month later
#276 6 years ago

Need a picture. The top part of my backglass isn't lit. So I'm re-pinning the connection and one wire is attached to a spot without a pin. No wonder the lights dont work nevermind the hack solder dripped into connector. Ugh. Can anyone snap a quick pick of the J120 connector or verify the wiring?

20170530_151808 (resized).jpg20170530_151808 (resized).jpg

#277 6 years ago

I had the same issue and repinned j120. Here's a pic, just don't make fun of my crimping skills looks way different than yours is wired!

IMG_20170530_161930335 (resized).jpgIMG_20170530_161930335 (resized).jpg

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had the same issue and repinned j120. Here's a pic, just don't make fun of my crimping skills looks way different than yours is wired!

Wow that is strange. What the hell? My No Fear has red light boards under playfield, could it be a early production? It only has one drop target but has two plugged holes for other drops in the playfield behind the one. I'm not sure how to wire this then??? I don't want to blow the board.

#279 6 years ago

Ok. Found it in the manual. Looks like yours is correct. Kinda scary with what someone has done to mine. Wonder what else is wrong.

Screenshot_2017-05-30-22-34-19 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-05-30-22-34-19 (resized).png

#280 6 years ago

Fingers crossed.

#281 6 years ago

So I've got 2 of them now

#282 6 years ago

Thanks for the help yzfguy. It worked out just fine. All lights on now.

20170531_091002 (resized).jpg20170531_091002 (resized).jpg

20170531_091309 (resized).jpg20170531_091309 (resized).jpg

#283 6 years ago

Awesome!

#284 6 years ago

Anyone know how to remove the playfield on No Fear? I'm stumped.

Nevermind, I got it. Two person operation it would seem. What a pain.

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

Anyone know how to remove the playfield on No Fear? I'm stumped.
Nevermind, I got it. Two person operation it would seem. What a pain.

It is a bit of pain to do by yourself but it is possible.

3 weeks later
#286 6 years ago

Did you take off that spring bracket? They are in that channel in the cab on both sides... Thanks.....

#287 6 years ago

Bought myself a great No Fear: Dangerous Sports back in February 2016! Still have to do a little work to the skull, upgrade the speakers and some little things but other then that it's awesome! Only less nice things are the faded left and front..

Looking at how 'tiny' this club is really shows how underrated this machine is. Yes it has tight shots and on bad days it's possible to only hit posts, but why all the hate? This machine is fast, has nice flaming artwork and a cool translite, it has great music, funny speech and not a too deep ruleset but it does have 3 wizard modes to make up for it! If you love multiball, this is the machine for you: it has 5 different multiballs from 2 till 4 balls! A great addition to any collection!

No Fear playfield (resized).jpegNo Fear playfield (resized).jpeg

No Fear machine (resized).JPGNo Fear machine (resized).JPG

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

Did you take off that spring bracket? They are in that channel in the cab on both sides... Thanks.....

You have to pull those cylinders that are running in the channel out. They are spring loaded but can be retracted out of the channel.

1 week later
#289 6 years ago

Selling my sweet No Fear. Locatedin Philly 19154

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/51614

2 weeks later
#290 6 years ago

No Fear with some cabinet fade. Replaced the red flipper buttons with orange ones.

IMG_0720 (resized).JPGIMG_0720 (resized).JPG

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

No Fear with some cabinet fade. Replaced the red flipper buttons with orange ones.

Nice, looks factory. I would call that minor fade. I think I'd need to switch to white buttons for the same effect on mine...

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Nice, looks factory. I would call that minor fade. I think I'd need to switch to white buttons for the same effect on mine...

LMAO!

1 week later
#293 6 years ago

Just picked one of these up about a month ago. Was working find but now its kind of acting up. It takes a long time to "initialize" and gets confused during the ball find. It took a few resets/some manual ball staging in the drop target hole to get it running this morning.
Any ideas? Hoping to get this thing in top shape so I can add the color dmd!

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Just picked one of these up about a month ago. Was working find but now its kind of acting up. It takes a long time to "initialize" and gets confused during the ball find. It took a few resets/some manual ball staging in the drop target hole to get it running this morning.
Any ideas? Hoping to get this thing in top shape so I can add the color dmd!

Sounds like you need to clean the ball opto sensors. Rubbing alcohol and Q-tips should do the trick. There is three on the subway I believe.

#295 6 years ago

Thank you. Will try that soon and report back.
I think it behaved all day so hopefully the sensors will make sure it boots up clean every time

#296 6 years ago

Does anyone else have a NO FEAR on route?
I've got 2, 1 does great and the other does ok...

#297 6 years ago

Now a member thanks to scottmaggie!

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Does anyone else have a NO FEAR on route?
I've got 2, 1 does great and the other does ok...

People seem to like the big numbers on it on ours. My "route" isn't a traditional one though.

#299 6 years ago

Got mine a year ago, never saw the club post till now.

Has anyone done the ColorDMD upgrade? I want to, but have not been able to justify the $400 price tag on it to the wife.

#300 6 years ago

Oh cleaned up the optos and the game has been acting normal since then. Thanks!
OpSteel it's on my list of things to do but trying to raise some funds first. Looks incredible!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 37.50
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.