DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3054 (resized).jpg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpg
IMG_3065 (resized).jpg
CE86C092-00E7-44FE-AAC0-2D95A74457CF (resized).jpeg
71F05DE9-8E22-41E1-B14B-C11AE9D7DDF1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-09-03 101645 (resized).png
16907318102778490227468765102185 (resized).jpg
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 24.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks for that catch. What an oversight. I caught a few other little things too. Here it is again.[quoted image]

Wow that is beautiful! Do you think you could resize it for the graphic to be used in the Instruction card area?

1 week later
#1052 1 year ago

I’m helping a friend out with his No Fear and I’m a bit at a loss and hoping for some help.
The fist main issue I suppose is we can’t get a game to start.
When you turn on the machine it displays a message “coin door open interlock disables high power” but the door is shut and a game won’t start.

Im looking for any advice as to what to check or do next.
Any advice is much appreciated!

#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from Hapidance:

When you turn on the machine it displays a message “coin door open interlock disables high power” but the door is shut and a game won’t start.

This isn't a no fear specific question, so you may get more views elsewhere, but... start by inspecting the switch on the inside left of the coin door - that's the interlock switch. Any broken wires? Anything looks bad/wrong?

#1054 1 year ago

scootss
It does seem like something is up with the switch. I’ll take a look at my buddy’s machine with him.
Thank you.

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from Hapidance:

I’m helping a friend out with his No Fear and I’m a bit at a loss and hoping for some help.
The fist main issue I suppose is we can’t get a game to start.
Im looking for any advice as to what to check or do next.
Any advice is much appreciated!

Door might be shut but is the switch closed ? Keep the coin door open and push the switch in with ur finger and turn the game on, then u will see if the switch is working or not

#1056 1 year ago

Just bought a NF.. awesome game! Having a blast with it so far. Quick question- I noticed that when I hit the skydive shot a lot of the time, especially with I hit it with decent speed, it seems to skip right over the scoop and come back to the flippers. Is there supposed to be a piece of rubber or something to prevent that from happening? I can't imagine it was designed so you have to hit it slow for it to go in the scoop?

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

Just bought a NF.. awesome game! Having a blast with it so far. Quick question- I noticed that when I hit the skydive shot a lot of the time, especially with I hit it with decent speed, it seems to skip right over the scoop and come back to the flippers. Is there supposed to be a piece of rubber or something to prevent that from happening? I can't imagine it was designed so you have to hit it slow for it to go in the scoop?

I'm not understanding "skip right over the scoop"... Are you talking about it bouncing off the drop target?

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm not understanding "skip right over the scoop"... Are you talking about it bouncing off the drop target?

No- when the drop target is down and I shoot it into the skydive shot it frequently just comes straight back to the flippers. Like it goes over the scoop, hits the metal behind the scoop, and comes back down the lane towards the flippers

#1059 1 year ago

I'm thinking it must be missing part #01-12613 ?

#1060 1 year ago

I'm guessing that's the curved metal piece that sends it downward? I would think so, I can't picture how it could miss the hole otherwise, as it has never happened on mine.

#1061 1 year ago

I dialed in the flippers and gave her a good waxing and it's playing so smooth. Really loving this game so far. Are there any must have mods ?

thumbnail (47) (resized).jpgthumbnail (47) (resized).jpg
#1062 1 year ago

No Fear is one of the game so really haven't modded. I like mirror blades on mine, and I painted the no fear on the right lower cliff red.... That's about it. I don't like the look of toys stuck on it at all.

#1063 1 year ago

Cliffy’s, especially for the jump ramp
Color DMD (LED)
Upper flipper bushing if needed
I added a comet led strip to back of cabinet, helps illuminate back of playfield.
Not many must do mods for this machine, which is nice, imo

ps. Make sure the kickback is adjusted to send the ball to the right track loop..
90D4FAEC-8CED-4D29-BF94-151EBA2BF561 (resized).jpeg90D4FAEC-8CED-4D29-BF94-151EBA2BF561 (resized).jpeg

#1064 1 year ago

Just moved my NF from one route location to another. Hopefully it does better here.

Screenshot_20230117-145525 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230117-145525 (resized).png
#1065 1 year ago
Quoted from joeaf:

Cliffy’s, especially for the jump ramp
Color DMD (LED)
Upper flipper bushing if needed
I added a comet led strip to back of cabinet, helps illuminate back of playfield.
Not many must do mods for this machine, which is nice, imo
ps. Make sure the kickback is adjusted to send the ball to the right track loop..
[quoted image]

Very well said sir ! ( except for LED instead of LCD )

#1066 1 year ago

I dialed in the flippers and gave her a good waxing and it's playing so smooth. Really loving this game so far. Are there any must have mods ?
[quoted image]

ColorDMD LCD (nicer than LED imo), mirror blades, pinsound, led ocd, led bulbs!

#1067 1 year ago

I had spinner snap when playing today. Is there any solution other than replacing it? Also how do I get the other side off so I can keep playing until it's fixed? It seems like the metal arm is attached to the spinner and the other side doesn't come out from the gate

thumbnail (58) (resized).jpgthumbnail (58) (resized).jpg
#1068 1 year ago

I had spinner snap when playing today. Is there any solution other than replacing it? Also how do I get the other side off so I can keep playing until it's fixed? It seems like the metal arm is attached to the spinner and the other side doesn't come out from the gate
[quoted image]

here is a link to buy a new one.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10062

#1069 1 year ago

Thank you. Looking closer it looks like there's no way to repair so I'll just order a new one.

#1070 1 year ago

New translite came in the other day, got to install it last night. Looks great!

No Fear (resized).jpgNo Fear (resized).jpg
#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

New translite came in the other day, got to install it last night. Looks great![quoted image]

That does look pretty good, where is it sold?

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

That does look pretty good, where is it sold?

Shoot Pinstein a message, here is the post where he shared the artwork. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better/page/21#post-7307284

#1073 1 year ago

Nice, that would give me a reason to frame my signed trans-light. What did it cost?

#1074 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me if the kickback is supposed to launch the ball into the track?

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can anyone tell me if the kickback is supposed to launch the ball into the track?

Yes into the racetrack ,right hand side

#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

But depending on how fast the ball enters the outlane, the ball wont always accurately make the right hand side racetrack, but most of the time yes, RH racetrack

1 week later
#1077 1 year ago

We need a Code Over Haul…

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

But depending on how fast the ball enters the outlane, the ball wont always accurately make the right hand side racetrack, but most of the time yes, RH racetrack

How do you calibrate the kickback to consistently make the side racetrack? Mine does it 1 / 10 times, it is so great to see it make the track on the seldom times it successfully does.

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from cws204:

How do you calibrate the kickback to consistently make the side racetrack? Mine does it 1 / 10 times, it is so great to see it make the track on the seldom times it successfully does.

I messed with this for weeks….I looked over many Video. Believe it or not. It wasn’t originally designed too…

#1080 1 year ago

I Added a stronger coil……

#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I messed with this for weeks….I looked over many Video. Believe it or not. It wasn’t originally designed too…

Also cut off quick connectors on all coils and solder directly…

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Also cut off quick connectors on all coils and solder directly…

More power….

#1083 1 year ago

You can also muck around with bending the switch rollover wire

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from cws204:

The exit of the kickback has a metal rail leading to a star post and rubber. The metal rail has a little adjustment room under the plastic and spotlight. If the end of the rail has peening from ball impacts it can affect the trajectory as well. Take a look there and then at the switch(a clean new coil sleeve helps too). My game sends it to the RH track almost every time and my machine is leveled at 7.5 deg.

#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from joeaf:

The exit of the kickback has a metal rail leading to a star post and rubber. The metal rail has a little adjustment room under the plastic and spotlight. If the end of the rail has peening from ball impacts it can affect the trajectory as well. Take a look there and then at the switch(a clean new coil sleeve helps too). My game sends it to the RH track almost every time and my machine is leveled at 7.5 deg.

Mine never seems to make the track. It’ll hit the left rubber post on the downhill ramp.

1 week later
#1086 1 year ago

Does someone know what the part number for the ramp post is? (with the black rubber on it in the pic)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Does someone know what the part number for the ramp post is? (with the black rubber on it in the pic)
[quoted image]

Go to IPDB download the manual, everything you need is in it

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Go to IPDB download the manual, everything you need is in it

That was so very helpful...

#1089 1 year ago

It’s in the manual and on Marco.

#02-4842 - Post

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4842

#1090 1 year ago

Hey Everyone! I just picked up a No Fear DS and I'm getting a "Right flipper E.O.S. Error Check F1". When I inspected the flipper it seems everything is connected properly. If I use a multimeter in diode BEEP mode I can manually close the right flipper EOS and the multimeter makes noise making me think this is a cable issue. Before I go trying to re-route a new cable run all the way from the fliptonic board down to this flipper does anyone have any suggestions on what I could look for? The other flippers work fine, its just the bottom right one. Would I be able to disconnect J906 from the fliptonic board and while the game is on- short the pins with a paperclip on the header pins themselves to check if the board works? For example, shorting J906-6 to J906-1?

(Yes, I know the left flipper is the wrong coil. It came that way, and I'm going to change it back to the correct, blue, coil later)

Thanks!

Under PF (resized).jpgUnder PF (resized).jpg
#1091 1 year ago

I’m not at my machine but have you checked the relevant connections and pins at driver board and flipper board? Solder, voltages etc?
Coil may be bad, shorted/broken wire.

Be curious to what you find, might have to dig up my wiring schematic and see what’s what.

#1092 1 year ago

I'm thinking it must be missing part #01-12613 ?

This is missing on my game as well and I have the exact same problem. I purchased a replacement from Marco but I am unable to figure out how to mount it.

It looks different from the part which is seen in the No Fear restoration thread here on Pinside as that one looks taller and appears to fasten to the underside of the playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-shop-out-turned-pf-swap#post-5596240

The part I got from Marco is so short as to be expected to mount to the top of the playfield, except there are no holes predrilled, and if you orient it so the side facing the hole points down like it should, the mounting part sticks out into the orbit.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-12613

Anyone have a good Pic? I know it's an impossible thing to try to see from either side of the playfield...

Thanks!

#1093 1 year ago

The manual has a unique parts page 2-27. It references the part below but no diagram.
“01-13825.1 Ball Deflect Plate”
I am assuming you’re talking about the plate that deflects the ball down to the subway from the skydive shot? That bracket does mount from the underside of the playfield with three screws.

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from joeaf:

The manual has a unique parts page 2-27. It references the part below but no diagram.
I am assuming you’re talking about the plate that deflects the ball down to the subway from the skydive shot? That bracket does mount from the underside of the playfield with three screws.

I believe you must be right, the manual must be wrong.

Here's what the manual says about that area of the playfield, but when I ordered that part it was wrong.

Only 2 holes in 01-12613 and even if I figured out how to fasten it to the bottom of my playfield sticking up through the hole, I don't think it is tall enough to do its job... At least not without scratching up the pinballs.

A web search for 01-13825.1 yields just about nothing... Anyone know someone who would stock something useful as a replacement?

PXL_20230302_002537156~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230302_002537156~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230302_002639234~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230302_002639234~2 (resized).jpg
#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from joeaf:

I experimented a bit this weekend with what I had on-hand. Learned a few things others struggling with this problem might appreciate.

I had the 01-12613 on hand so I test-fitted it by holding it underneath the playfield and discovered that the angle of that bracket would prevent the ball from fitting into the hole.

Put the bracket in a vise and used a universal pinball troubleshooting tool (mini sledgehammer) to bend the bracket such that the part the pinball would hit ends up perpendicular to the playfield.

Installed the bracket with one screw and play-tested.

100% of the shots bounced back, 0% dropped into the hole.

Thought I could tinker with the angle a bit, but given how little clearance there is between the bracket and the hole I decided to go a different direction.

I fashioned my own bracket out of corrugated cardboard. Added another universal troubleshooting aid (duct tape) to the bracket to strengthen the bent part and the area fastened by the screws.

Play-tested for the better part of an hour and 100% of the shots to the skydive fell into the hole, 0% bounced back.

I'll be interested to see how well this solution holds up. I anticipate I'll need to add a metal strip between the screw heads and the duct-tape-reinforced cardboard as I see that as a major wear point.

But for home use, I'm giving this a "plausible" rating as the correct part does not seem to be available.

Use thick cardboard, though. I cut mine from a Chewy shipping box. Those things are really sturdy.

PXL_20230304_203931653 (resized).jpgPXL_20230304_203931653 (resized).jpgPXL_20230304_204008145 (resized).jpgPXL_20230304_204008145 (resized).jpg
#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from exnooyorka:

I experimented a bit this weekend with what I had on-hand. Learned a few things others struggling with this problem might appreciate.
I had the 01-12613 on hand so I test-fitted it by holding it underneath the playfield and discovered that the angle of that bracket would prevent the ball from fitting into the hole.
Put the bracket in a vise and used a universal pinball troubleshooting tool (mini sledgehammer) to bend the bracket such that the part the pinball would hit ends up perpendicular to the playfield.
Installed the bracket with one screw and play-tested.
100% of the shots bounced back, 0% dropped into the hole.
Thought I could tinker with the angle a bit, but given how little clearance there is between the bracket and the hole I decided to go a different direction.
I fashioned my own bracket out of corrugated cardboard. Added another universal troubleshooting aid (duct tape) to the bracket to strengthen the bent part and the area fastened by the screws.
Play-tested for the better part of an hour and 100% of the shots to the skydive fell into the hole, 0% bounced back.
I'll be interested to see how well this solution holds up. I anticipate I'll need to add a metal strip between the screw heads and the duct-tape-reinforced cardboard as I see that as a major wear point.
But for home use, I'm giving this a "plausible" rating as the correct part does not seem to be available.
Use thick cardboard, though. I cut mine from a Chewy shipping box. Those things are really sturdy. [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job getting it to work!! That's annoying that Marco sells the wrong part. I got lucky since I found the missing bracket in the bottom of the machine

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Wonder where you got that idea from…
[quoted image][quoted image]

YES! YES! YES!

#1098 1 year ago

We need a TOPPER for No Fear. Anyone know if one? Anyone want to make a cool one?

#1099 1 year ago

I received my alternate translite from Pinstein thank you! Added 3 fire bulbs to attempt to make the skull “flaming”

0587F7A1-CD9B-49E4-A986-160A91BE86FD (resized).jpeg0587F7A1-CD9B-49E4-A986-160A91BE86FD (resized).jpeg
#1100 1 year ago

Couple of questions about No Fear….

It seems to use the knocker less than most of my other Bally Williams, 90s machines. It goes off of course when you get a high score or grand champion but it doesn’t go off when you get an extra ball or a replay or special like most of my others. I didn’t see a setting in which to change that? Anyone have any ideas?

The sound is not super out of the stock speakers. It sounds kinda crackly and not crisp. Would Flipper Fidelity speakers change that or just amplify the poor quality? Is there another sound issue if I’m getting poor sound quality? I know it’s from the 90s… but something’s up with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 37.50
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.