image (resized).jpg
DCBC0DD7-4E20-4F98-97BD-1FF87C39B502 (resized).jpeg
hhh_LI (resized).jpg
806A0E5E-2CF2-4D20-BDFD-4AB1DC53C8F3 (resized).jpeg
2616D2CE-2BB9-473C-9481-6F36548DC1D6 (resized).jpeg
3F6527A0-C032-44D2-9064-5EA12FE7A4D3 (resized).jpeg
D752D75D-6176-4923-9690-838E4697D0E0 (resized).jpeg
9B6FC223-65CE-465E-8907-ED372671F8AC (resized).jpeg

There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
#851 77 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

LMAO, I am more worried about my wife, kids and friends who turn are turned off by the game. I am the only one who plays it.
Do you know if these flippers would fit? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-15
Thanks for the help

Completely understand about wanting the family to enjoy the game. Honestly in my opinion , I don't think NF is the best suited game for the casual player. I'm sure these would technically fit ( at least the lower ones ) but don't know how it would play.

#852 77 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

These flippers might seem like an easy cheat, but they are going to throw off the geometry of the shots and probably make it feel worse. Skull says it right in the game....play better!

Do you know of a 3 1/8" flipper?, might make up for the geometry LOL

#853 77 days ago

Or perhaps add the center post assuming you have the plastic plug. I think they ended up changing their minds on this from the factory...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-no-fear-have-a-center-post#post-989065

#854 77 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Or perhaps add the center post assuming you have the plastic plug. I think they ended up changing their minds on this from the factory...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-no-fear-have-a-center-post#post-989065

Thanks for the info had no idea. I will take a look and buy the post first move

#855 77 days ago

Granted, I have no idea if it is easy to retrofit, but it seems if the plug/hole is there, it should be a matter of adding a t-nut to the back and a post. I would assume all that could be returned to "normal" by replacing the plug... But no longer have my game to confirm.

#856 75 days ago

2 years and no resets. No Fear running flawlessly. Any one here uses these?

DCBC0DD7-4E20-4F98-97BD-1FF87C39B502 (resized).jpeg
#857 75 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

2 years and no resets. No Fear running flawlessly. Any one here uses these?
[quoted image]

Nope, and I never would. They ripped off the product shamelessly from the original Kahr board. I have Kahr boards in several games.

#858 75 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Nope, and I never would. They ripped off the product shamelessly from the original Kahr board. I have Kahr boards in several games.

My bad. I also have the Kahr in No Fear. I need a couple more for Shadow and Johnny Mnemonic. They don’t do Ad’s here on Pinside do they?

#859 75 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

They don’t do Ad’s here on Pinside do they?

he is RKAHR on Pinside ... PM him

#860 75 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Granted, I have no idea if it is easy to retrofit, but it seems if the plug/hole is there, it should be a matter of adding a t-nut to the back and a post. I would assume all that could be returned to "normal" by replacing the plug... But no longer have my game to confirm.

Yep mine has a plug in it. Anyone know what specific post and nut to use on this?

Thanks in advance!

#861 75 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

he is RKAHR on Pinside ... PM him

Bam! Ordered 2. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#862 57 days ago

Hi all
I was in the middle of a good game (always the way) and every single solenoid stopped working
I’ve checked fuses 105, 112, 115, 116 and all those are fine
Any ideas?

#863 57 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all
I was in the middle of a good game (always the way) and every single solenoid stopped working
Any ideas?

Check the service switch on the coin door

#864 56 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Check the service switch on the coin door

You mean the buttons inside the coin door? All 4 buttons on the door working fine

#865 56 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You mean the buttons inside the coin door? All 4 buttons on the door working fine

He means the white switch inside the coin door that cuts off high voltage when the door is open. If it's not working properly, it may be shutting all those high voltage solenoids off even when the door is shut.

#866 56 days ago

Aah I get the warning the the high voltage is cut off when I open the door so I assume it’s fine. Pressing and letting go of the button does the same

2 weeks later
#867 37 days ago

I have always had a difficult time making the jump. There is one small sweet spot on the end of the flipper where if I hit it works fine. But the majority of the time when I hit the ball it just rolls off the ramp...like I barely hit it at all.
Is it just me and the timing or do I have the flipper to low? Any ideas
(BTW the flipper busing is new, eos new, sleeve new....)

#868 37 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all
Any ideas?

I had this happen to mine in the last couple months. It was a magnet opt no sensing correctly and running the magnet all the time. To much power draw and would fry a 3 or 5 Amp slow blow fuse when the solenoids tried to fire.

#869 37 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

These flippers might seem like an easy cheat, but they are going to throw off the geometry of the shots and probably make it feel worse. Skull says it right in the game....play better!

YZF guy is that for the Yamaha dirt biker in you? I could be CRF or FC guy

I put the larger flippers on and man it actually made the geometry better in this game. Tube shot may be to easy now but the flow is incredible and others really enjoy the game now, even my pinhead friends! Still a fast fun game just a little longer now.

#870 37 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

I have always had a difficult time making the jump. There is one small sweet spot on the end of the flipper where if I hit it works fine. But the majority of the time when I hit the ball it just rolls off the ramp...like I barely hit it at all.
Is it just me and the timing or do I have the flipper to low? Any ideas
(BTW the flipper busing is new, eos new, sleeve new....)

Sounds like timing to me. Post a pic of your flipper angle.

#871 37 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

YZF guy is that for the Yamaha dirt biker in you? I could be CRF or FC guy
I put the larger flippers on and man it actually made the geometry better in this game. Tube shot may be to easy now but the flow is incredible and others really enjoy the game now, even my pinhead friends! Still a fast fun game just a little longer now.

Had a yzf street bike back in the day and the name kinda stuck
Hey, if cheating makes it more fun for ya......

#872 35 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Sounds like timing to me. Post a pic of your flipper angle.

Here’s a view

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#873 35 days ago

That angle needs to be back a bit.
I won't mention the overseas flipper bat

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#874 35 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

Here’s a view
[quoted image][quoted image]

You have a lightning flipper in there that is 1/4” shorter. That’ll certainly make your sweet spot smaller

#875 35 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You have a lightning flipper in there that is 1/4” shorter. That’ll certainly make your sweet spot smaller

Thanks I will look for the standard size...Didnt think that extra long flipper was used in any other game.

The one on marcos site looks like the same that I have...

#876 35 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

That angle needs to be back a bit.
I won't mention the overseas flipper bat

I will adjust...Thank you

#877 35 days ago

on my NF I have the standard flipper , is it possible a previous owner " frankensteined" the flipper bat to the shaft!
the only issue I have with the upper ramp is that there should be a setting for upper loop champion...

#878 35 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Are you sure? I know it has the lighting logo on it but I've seen this before from overseas. Same size with the logo and a x not a w for Williams. Don't forget ... This doesn't have the standard length shaft either!

#879 35 days ago

It’s not factory. I have a HUO NF, and the lightning flipper is definetly not there.

#880 35 days ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

It’s not factory. I have a HUO NF, and the lightning flipper is definetly not there.

We know it's not factory. The question is... It's actually a lighting flipper or the same size with the lighting logo? Again this is from overseas.

#881 35 days ago

this is the marcos one...I cant tell the length

pasted_image (resized).png
#882 34 days ago

I just assumed it was the shorter one as I'm pretty sure all the lightning bolt ones are shorter, can't tell by the pic but also haven't seen a long shaft lightning flipper before. Also haven't seen the long shaft in any colour other than yellow which is a shame as I'd like to have a different colour in mine

#883 34 days ago

I pulled the lightening flipper it’s the same length as a standard flipper.
So it has the bolt but not a zipper I guess

#884 31 days ago

I repositioned the flipper. I still get allot of fails Just to be sure, does this ramp look in the correct position?

25674B4B-7818-4B8D-95A2-659613B6C78E (resized).jpeg
#885 31 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

I repositioned the flipper. I still get allot of fails Just to be sure, does this ramp look in the correct position?[quoted image]

Seems hard to tell but I think so. Heres mine to compare.

image (resized).jpeg
#886 31 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Seems hard to tell but I think so. Heres mine to compare.
[quoted image]

Thanks. It is hard to tell

The jump is makeable when I hit, I just feel I whiff the jump 4/5 times. Maybe just my timing.

1 week later
#887 22 days ago

How many jumps do you think are on this one

PXL_20210930_212833366 (resized).jpgPXL_20210930_212853894 (resized).jpg
#888 22 days ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

Feels sooooo nice making shots with a new one

#889 22 days ago

Anyone have a no fear their looking to sell and are heading to expo?!?

#890 22 days ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

WOW holy crap could you tell it was that bad or were you just doing maintenance? I am assuming that is the jump flipper assembly.

I may have to look at mine.

There are 890 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside