DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3054 (resized).jpg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpg
IMG_3065 (resized).jpg
CE86C092-00E7-44FE-AAC0-2D95A74457CF (resized).jpeg
71F05DE9-8E22-41E1-B14B-C11AE9D7DDF1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-09-03 101645 (resized).png
16907318102778490227468765102185 (resized).jpg
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.
#801 2 years ago

out of all the games that I have owned had to replace this back into my collection.. this is the true definition of an underrated pinball machine!
one of my favorites and oddly enough I'm not a sports fan!

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from Stevie-D:

Hey all, new to the group and the game. What a blast. I just put one back together that was in rough shape. I think it turned out fantastic. I helped Cliff Rinear make new ramp end flaps, as mine were rusty. So new ramp end flaps are available from Cliffy‘s, as well as his normal kit that is a must have. Check them out. http://www.passionforpinball.com/
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Them Plastic forms are icy clear. Are they new? Are you on the No Fear Facebook fan page? Too clean bro...

#803 2 years ago

Player 6 takes the lead....

4805BA9E-FAD9-426E-9774-6029DC54927C (resized).jpeg4805BA9E-FAD9-426E-9774-6029DC54927C (resized).jpeg
#804 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Them Plastic forms are icy clear. Are they new? Are you on the No Fear Facebook fan page? Too clean bro...

They had a layer of dirt on them in storage for a long time(protection I guess). Amazing what a good cleaning can accomplish.

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Stevie-D:

Hey all, new to the group and the game. What a blast. I just put one back together that was in rough shape. I think it turned out fantastic. I helped Cliff Rinear make new ramp end flaps, as mine were rusty. So new ramp end flaps are available from Cliffy‘s, as well as his normal kit that is a must have. Check them out. http://www.passionforpinball.com/

Couldn't have made them without your help Steve and, wow, I must say that's a gorgeous game sir. Looks better than new. I like your choice of my color post sleeves too. They help point out the shots well. On to the next game Steve and welcome to the club

3 weeks later
#806 2 years ago

Got a weird one. Started happening more this week but the game will randomly shut off and then turn right back on. No errors reported when booting up. Any thoughts?

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Got a weird one. Started happening more this week but the game will randomly shut off and then turn right back on. No errors reported when booting up. Any thoughts?

You need the Kahr board.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You need the Kahr board.

i also have the Khr Reset Fix board installed. Not one reset since I installed it.

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

i also have the Khr Reset Fix board installed. Not one reset since I installed it.

Thanks guys, just ordered one.

#810 2 years ago

Got my Cliffy set last week, so soon I’ll be installing the brand new ramps. Wasn’t going to install them until I had the ramp Cliffy set.

#811 2 years ago
Got my Cliffy set last week, so soon I’ll be installing the brand new ramps. Wasn’t going to install them until I had the ramp Cliffy set.</blockquote

I had a issue with the right ramp fitting into the back board slot. Your should really look at the back of that ramp to check how thick it actually is compared to the original. If it's too thick , it would fit!

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got my Cliffy set last week, so soon I’ll be installing the brand new ramps. Wasn’t going to install them until I had the ramp Cliffy set.

I'm had a issue with the right ramp end being too thick to fit into the backboard slot. If it's too thick , it won't fit!!!

#813 2 years ago

Doing a shop job on my no fear I thought I took enough pictures but not 100% sure if this is where this part goes.
Thanks,
Joe

20210611_082223 (resized).jpg20210611_082223 (resized).jpg20210611_082343 (resized).jpg20210611_082343 (resized).jpg

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Doing a shop job on my no fear I thought I took enough pictures but not 100% sure if this is where this part goes.
Thanks,
Joe
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man am I eager to find out this answer! I had posted the same question months back. No one knew.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#815 2 years ago

It's to prevent stuck balls. Far right corner, it attaches to the black wood rail, you'll see the two screw holes. Hard to get a pic.
Actually, in the first pic posted in the message above, you can see it there installed under the scuff marks on the sidewall.

IMG_5650 (resized).JPGIMG_5650 (resized).JPG

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's to prevent stuck balls. Far right corner, it attaches to the black wood rail, you'll see the two screw holes. Hard to get a pic.[quoted image]

Thanks I thought I had it in the only place it would go!!

1 week later
#817 2 years ago

Quick question while I’m restoring my game. When the skydive drop target comes down it is suppose to be flush with the playfield or sit slightly above. Mine sits slightly above that level in dropped position

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Quick question while I’m restoring my game. When the skydive drop target comes down it is suppose to be flush with the playfield or sit slightly above. Mine sits slightly above that level in dropped position

Pretty sure mine is flush. I’ll check and report back if it isn’t.

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Flush

#820 2 years ago

Yeah, just confirmed. Mine is flush as well.

#821 2 years ago

Okay so how do you adjust it to sit flush?

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay so how do you adjust it to sit flush?

I haven’t torn into mine but does it have an adjustment screw like a lot of drop targets do? Or is this one different?

#823 2 years ago

My latest mod turned out so spectacular that I’ve decided to make it available to purchase.

$69 shipped to anywhere in the USA.

B0B13BA8-FABB-4B23-B7BE-FC6A787892FC (resized).jpegB0B13BA8-FABB-4B23-B7BE-FC6A787892FC (resized).jpeg

#824 2 years ago

My skull is a little sticky. Thinking it needs to be cleaned as there was a lot of magnet dust through the machine. Looked to take it apart to clean and didn’t see how it comes apart. Anyone have any suggestions?

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

My skull is a little sticky. Thinking it needs to be cleaned as there was a lot of magnet dust through the machine. Looked to take it apart to clean and didn’t see how it comes apart. Anyone have any suggestions?

I bet it isn't magnet dust, but copper dust from the upper flipper bushing.

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I bet it isn't magnet dust, but copper dust from the upper flipper bushing.

Didn’t even think of that, but definitely a possibility. Hoping that cleaning it real well will get him moving well again

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

The exploded diagram in the manual is real useful. As I recall, it has 2 to 4 screws holding it down to the playfield under the jaw, and one Molex to disconnect, then you can take it to the bench. In all likelihood, you need to replace the centering flange on the little coil that activates the jaw. To remove the screws holding the full assembly down, you may need to remove the upper part of the skull, which is the one screw on top, then pull out on one side. I would not mess with any of the screws on the rest of the mech until you pull it from the playfield.

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

The exploded diagram in the manual is real useful. As I recall, it has 2 to 4 screws holding it down to the playfield under the jaw, and one Molex to disconnect, then you can take it to the bench. In all likelihood, you need to replace the centering flange on the little coil that activates the jaw. To remove the screws holding the full assembly down, you may need to remove the upper part of the skull, which is the one screw on top, then pull out on one side. I would not mess with any of the screws on the rest of the mech until you pull it from the playfield.

Awesome, thank you for the help! I’ll take a look next time I open it up. Thanks!

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My latest mod turned out so spectacular that I’ve decided to make it available to purchase.
$69 shipped to anywhere in the USA.
[quoted image]

Shipping option to Australia?

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Shipping option to Australia

Cant see why not.... get all my parts shipped from PSPA....

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Shipping option to Australia?

I was making a joke about selling the mod. LOL.

It’s literally two googly eyes taped to the skull. I did it as a joke just to amuse me and make my wife laugh.

But it actually looks pretty bad ass I think.

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I was making a joke about selling the mod. LOL.
It’s literally two googly eyes taped to the skull. I did it as a joke just to amuse me and make my wife laugh.
But it actually looks pretty bad ass I think.

Oh right, stupid me for thinking it was something different now I'm looking somewhere other than my phone lol

1 week later
#833 2 years ago

Hey does anyone know how this plastic is supposed to be setup with the plastic layers? Mine doesn’t look right and I’ve got a replacement plastic

B61A3C35-5B15-407E-BA92-E8C295ADEDE4 (resized).jpegB61A3C35-5B15-407E-BA92-E8C295ADEDE4 (resized).jpegF4F4F47D-10CA-4FB0-8223-1B399AAC6C2C (resized).jpegF4F4F47D-10CA-4FB0-8223-1B399AAC6C2C (resized).jpeg
#834 2 years ago

Worked out the plastic well enough. Does anyone know what this plug is used for? I can’t work out what plugs into it

B3763918-2FE1-475D-84BB-B230FC66695E (resized).jpegB3763918-2FE1-475D-84BB-B230FC66695E (resized).jpeg
#835 2 years ago

Well here I am again. Not sure anyone reads this thread lol
My restoration is finished, only issue is the auto plunger get stuck in the up position
here are some pics.

552FFBE0-4F94-4C97-A12A-99B2418F7108 (resized).jpeg552FFBE0-4F94-4C97-A12A-99B2418F7108 (resized).jpeg712BEF01-5267-4374-8759-1B4DA90AB856 (resized).jpeg712BEF01-5267-4374-8759-1B4DA90AB856 (resized).jpeg9B6FC223-65CE-465E-8907-ED372671F8AC (resized).jpeg9B6FC223-65CE-465E-8907-ED372671F8AC (resized).jpegC140913C-9A1F-4D89-B0E3-071141D1CB27 (resized).jpegC140913C-9A1F-4D89-B0E3-071141D1CB27 (resized).jpegD752D75D-6176-4923-9690-838E4697D0E0 (resized).jpegD752D75D-6176-4923-9690-838E4697D0E0 (resized).jpegDF555DC3-E45F-4C98-89BB-AAC38294A300 (resized).jpegDF555DC3-E45F-4C98-89BB-AAC38294A300 (resized).jpeg
#836 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Well here I am again. Not sure anyone reads this thread lol
My restoration is finished, only issue is the auto plunger get stuck in the up position
here are some pics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not too sure about the plunger but that apron sure looks good!

#837 2 years ago

Looks great

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Worked out the plastic well enough. Does anyone know what this plug is used for? I can’t work out what plugs into it
[quoted image]

It's unused, not sure what it is for.

#839 2 years ago

Spent time on No Fear yesterday. Working on the underneath of the playfield shopping now.

Brand new flippers and hardware installed, new ball launcher and kickback save coil sleeves installed and plungers clean.

Now launched balls always make it up to the Skydive hole. Balls saved by the kickback save now shoot smoothly up thru and around the right racetrack loop. It was pathetic before, maybe a ball would reach the right sling.

I replaced all the GI bulbs with warm white LEDs. I already replaced the Insert bulbs and installed LED OCD board.

Still need to replace the other coil sleeves and remove the subway to clean it. Then the bottom is done and I’ll go up top where the new ramps are sorely needed and will look awesome when installed.

2616D2CE-2BB9-473C-9481-6F36548DC1D6 (resized).jpeg2616D2CE-2BB9-473C-9481-6F36548DC1D6 (resized).jpeg3F6527A0-C032-44D2-9064-5EA12FE7A4D3 (resized).jpeg3F6527A0-C032-44D2-9064-5EA12FE7A4D3 (resized).jpeg
#840 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Spent time on No Fear yesterday. Working on the underneath of the playfield shopping now.
Brand new flippers and hardware installed, new ball launcher and kickback save coil sleeves installed and plungers clean.
Now launched balls always make it up to the Skydive hole. Balls saved by the kickback save now shoot smoothly up thru and around the right racetrack loop. It was pathetic before, maybe a ball would reach the right sling.
I replaced all the GI bulbs with warm white LEDs. I already replaced the Insert bulbs and installed LED OCD board.
Still need to replace the other coil sleeves and remove the subway to clean it. Then the bottom is done and I’ll go up top where the new ramps are sorely needed and will look awesome when installed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Make sure you check out the long metal upper flipper bushing for wear! Marco has them in stock.

#841 2 years ago

Question. When is the jump ramp available to shoot vs the magnet holding the ball and sending down the left wire form?
I seem to get rejections all the time but tested the magnets and they seem to work fine

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Make sure you check out the long metal upper flipper bushing for wear! Marco has them in stock.

Quoted from allsportdvd:

Question. When is the jump ramp available to shoot vs the magnet holding the ball and sending down the left wire form?
I seem to get rejections all the time but tested the magnets and they seem to work fine

The magnet will stop the ball during certain modes so it returns to the left flipper so you can hit the right ramp, or make a jackpot in the center, etc.

#843 2 years ago

Some more help please. My ball popper VUK will not shoot a ball up if there are 2 or more balls in the subway. It tries a few times but then stops making Multiball useless
Here is a pic of the vuk, is there anything missing or is that the correct sleeve?

806A0E5E-2CF2-4D20-BDFD-4AB1DC53C8F3 (resized).jpeg806A0E5E-2CF2-4D20-BDFD-4AB1DC53C8F3 (resized).jpeg
#844 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Some more help please. My ball popper VUK will not shoot a ball up if there are 2 or more balls in the subway. It tries a few times but then stops making Multiball useless
Here is a pic of the vuk, is there anything missing or is that the correct sleeve?
[quoted image]

I’d start by replacing the sleeve and the coil stop. That will do wonders. I can’t tell of anything incorrect in the photo except the coil is filthy.

#845 2 years ago

Fix this bad connection too. Coil power comes from high current flow, 3-4 strands of wire isn't good for flow.

hhh_LI (resized).jpghhh_LI (resized).jpg
#846 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Fix this bad connection too. Coil power comes from high current flow, 3-4 strands of wire isn't good for flow.
[quoted image]

Good tip! I’ll do that cheers!

1 week later
#847 2 years ago

Hey all you guys with "No Fear" LOL

I am a motocross guy so had to have this game. I am not a super good pinball player and it seems this game is the least liked in my collection due to short ball times.

I want to put flipper in that are 1/8" longer and see what it does for this game. I measured the ones in the game and they are 2-7/8" long. I found some generic flipper bats on Marco's website. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-5133-08-06

Do you know if these really are 3" long? Or where I can find some 3" long?

Thanks John

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Hey all you guys with "No Fear" LOL
I am a motocross guy so had to have this game. I am not a super good pinball player and it seems this game is the least liked in my collection due to short ball times.
I want to put flipper in that are 1/8" longer and see what it does for this game. I measured the ones in the game and they are 2-7/8" long. I found some generic flipper bats on Marco's website. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-5133-08-06
Do you know if these really are 3" long? Or where I can find some 3" long?
Thanks John

NF can be tough if your not on your game as you'll brick a lot of shots. But dude... Longer flippers? Just become a better player and master the game !

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

NF can be tough if your not on your game as you'll brick a lot of shots. But dude... Longer flippers? Just become a better player and master the game !

LMAO, I am more worried about my wife, kids and friends who turn are turned off by the game. I am the only one who plays it.

Do you know if these flippers would fit? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-15

Thanks for the help

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

LMAO, I am more worried about my wife, kids and friends who turn are turned off by the game. I am the only one who plays it.
Do you know if these flippers would fit? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-15
Thanks for the help

These flippers might seem like an easy cheat, but they are going to throw off the geometry of the shots and probably make it feel worse. Skull says it right in the game....play better!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better/page/17?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.