DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3054 (resized).jpg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpg
IMG_3065 (resized).jpg
CE86C092-00E7-44FE-AAC0-2D95A74457CF (resized).jpeg
71F05DE9-8E22-41E1-B14B-C11AE9D7DDF1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-09-03 101645 (resized).png
16907318102778490227468765102185 (resized).jpg
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.
#751 3 years ago

It's a hack. Someone must have had magnet issues at some point . Search the old threads for NF. It's been posted before.

#752 3 years ago

Don't think it's a hack, this is my second NF and both have had this piece. It's made of the same metal as the ball guides and cut to precisely to be made after the fact.
Don't understand the need to hack this part, my ramp functions as should, even with a weak ramp shot the magnets will pull it up around the main ramp.
When shopping the game you could clearly see the heat/ dirt magnets perfectly aligned on the what I'm assuming is some type of ramp protector.

#753 3 years ago

I have an HUO No Fear, and that piece is not on my game.

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Don't think it's a hack, this is my second NF and both have had this piece. It's made of the same metal as the ball guides and cut to precisely to be made after the fact.
Don't understand the need to hack this part, my ramp functions as should, even with a weak ramp shot the magnets will pull it up around the main ramp.
When shopping the game you could clearly see the heat/ dirt magnets perfectly aligned on the what I'm assuming is some type of ramp protector.

Mine doesn't have it. Maybe you just have had bad luck ! kidding

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

This
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Added some strip lighting to the playing field tonite and noticed I have the same thing only my is riveted down. If this is to correct a magnet issue how do i figure out the correct fix?

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I have the same thing

Ain't broke don't fix it ... mine is an early production game perhaps deleted later just like the post between my flippers!
Bring it #Mollyspub... lol

#757 3 years ago

I’ve just joined the club! Going to do a full restoration on it and have all the parts located apart from a new plastic set. Does anyone have any leads?

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve just joined the club! Going to do a full restoration on it and have all the parts located apart from a new plastic set. Does anyone have any leads?

PPS

2 weeks later
#759 3 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

New plastic set, ramps = new high score!

#760 3 years ago

If any of you have installed my No Fear ramps into your game, I need your help. Did you have any trouble inserting the top part of the right ramp into the slot? On the main ramp, did the opto holes at the top of the ramp line up with the optos? If you had to tweak the ramp to fit, what did you do?

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
New plastic set, ramps = new high score!

New translite too? Where did that come from?

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

New translite too? Where did that come from?

A friend from overseas made it for me.
(the molson Canadian next to the bike rider is a reflection of a neon sign and not on the actual translite)

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#763 3 years ago

Greetings!

Just joined the club and my decals are pretty faded.

Has anyone purchased a new decal set from Classic Arcades? How did they look? I'm trying to find out if Rad Cals are available yet. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Alan

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Greetings!
Just joined the club and my decals are pretty faded.
Has anyone purchased a new decal set from Classic Arcades? How did they look? I'm trying to find out if Rad Cals are available yet. Anyone know?
Thanks,
Alan

I wonder if they sale only one side of the cabinet. Everything else is great....
Welcome.

#765 3 years ago

Joining the club again after a 6 year hiatus. Looking back on my posts in this thread has been a blast from the past. Do a search for my name and you'll see the mods I tried out - some good, some bad, but all fun - and some lineup changes from back then.

A No Fear popped up for sale about 2 hours from me and luckily I was scrolling thru FB right after it was posted.

I now know to install an LED OCD board when installing LEDs in the inserts.

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Joining the club again after a 6 year hiatus. Looking back on my posts in this thread has been a blast from the past. Do a search for my name and you'll see the mods I tried out - some good, some bad, but all fun - and some lineup changes from back then.
A No Fear popped up for sale about 2 hours from me and luckily I was scrolling thru FB right after it was posted.
I now know to install an LED OCD board when installing LEDs in the inserts.

Welcome Back.

#767 3 years ago

....ColorDMD may be leaving my No Fear to BSD...It was fun...lol

E6FE24CC-1C73-4A8E-990F-534F7520BBA8 (resized).jpegE6FE24CC-1C73-4A8E-990F-534F7520BBA8 (resized).jpeg
#768 3 years ago

I was not pleased with the audio via original backbox and under cabinet speakers. A bit of static and "muddy" sounds at higher volumes, probably bad backbox speakers. Only the left speaker produced sound and nothing from the right.

Luckily I had a mod which allowed me to send the audio out to a 1/8" cable. I had a spare, cheap, Amazon Warehouse soundbar and subwoofer that replace the pin cabinet speakers and sound awesome.

IMG_5293 (resized).jpgIMG_5293 (resized).jpgIMG_5295 (resized).jpgIMG_5295 (resized).jpgIMG_5296 (resized).jpgIMG_5296 (resized).jpg
#769 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Luckily I had a mod which allowed me to send the audio out

Where would this mod be a found?
Link ?

#770 3 years ago

Do owners here have a Center post between the flippers on their game?
Mine has a plastic stopper in it
I’d look through the topic gallery but it seems to be gone on the new pinside?

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Do owners here have a Center post between the flippers on their game?
Mine has a plastic stopper in it
I’d look through the topic gallery but it seems to be gone on the new pinside?

yeah Terry it does on mine

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Center post between the flippers on their game?

Apparently posts were installed on early production games. Removed because of long ball timea

#773 3 years ago

I see quite a few now after going back a few pages. Should of checked there first lol
Silly me

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Where would this mod be a found?
Link ?

Friend of mine gave it to me a couple years ago and I never had use for it. Then I was like, wait, that has an 1/8” output and I have this nice sound bar subwoofer combo.

Looks like it is a Pinnovator part for WPC.

#775 2 years ago

I'm in the club, just got my No Fear tuesday. Completing my Pin family (Whirlwind & White water)

- It's on v0.8. I saw latest is 2.3. Is there a list of differences?
- Mine doesn't have a spinner ? Where there units without spinner ? just have a metal contact bar that goes up. Can a spinner be installed with keeping the switch or does it need a complete swap ?
- playfield angle adjustment is missing as well at ball launch...?? is it standard?
- What switches should be closed in the test menu? can someone post a pic of a fuly working unit ?
- I have a not connected plug in the front left (but saw in previous post that's normal ?)
- Also have 2 other plugs not connected (male/female) and they could fit to each other perfectly...
- Best way (product) to clean skull and get it back to white instead of creme color ?

Thx for tips and how to's.

delivery 1 (resized).jpgdelivery 1 (resized).jpgID Tag (resized).jpgID Tag (resized).jpgcable 2 (resized).jpgcable 2 (resized).jpgno spinner (resized).jpgno spinner (resized).jpg
#776 2 years ago

Congratulations and welcome. Sweet pics.

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Congratulations and welcome. Sweet pics.

Thx and by any chance, feedback on my Q's ?

-Differences in ROM verions found and 2.3 is on its way to me.

#778 2 years ago

Black Powercoated armor When changing these over , it confirmed what I already knew. This game has not been redecaled !

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#779 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Black Powercoated armor

Sweet example ....

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Black Powercoated armor When changing these over , it confirmed what I already knew. This game has not been redecaled !
[quoted image]

Fantastic, where did you get the apron cover? I want one of those!

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Pm sent

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

PM If anyone else is interested.

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

you should attach a better pic of the apron ! looks way cool!

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Pm sent

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Here ya go!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#786 2 years ago

That's better ... looks great! Is it like a vinyl wrap .?

#787 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

That's better ... looks great! Is it like a vinyl wrap .?

Quoted from mollyspub:

Decals are spoken for. Thanks to those who reached out !

#788 2 years ago

My NF doesn't have a spinner.....
Where there units without spinner ?
Just have a metal contact bar that goes up when the ball passes through.
Can a spinner be installed with keeping the switch I have or does it need a complete swap ?
How many point does a spinner count per pass ?

no spinner (resized).jpgno spinner (resized).jpg
#789 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:My NF doesn't have a spinner.....
Can a spinner be installed with keeping the switch I have or does it need a complete swap ?
How many point does a spinner count per pass ?[quoted image]

Looks like the correct switch. Someone must have just stuck that wire gate in instead of replacing a broken spinner. That would just activate the spinner one time each shot, rather than the spinner making it count differently depending on how fast the shot is.

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Looks like the correct switch. Someone must have just stuck that wire gate in instead of replacing a broken spinner. That would just activate the spinner one time each shot, rather than the spinner making it count differently depending on how fast the shot is.

Good to know ! can't imagine the spinner is that expensive not to replace it...

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Good to know ! can't imagine the spinner is that expensive not to replace it...

Maybe an operator hack just to get it going?

#792 2 years ago

Just joined today. Most of the gi and backbox lights are out, needs board work and the dmd isnt working, but i cant complain for 1900. Excited to start another restoration!

20210501_222320 (resized).jpg20210501_222320 (resized).jpg
#793 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

My NF doesn't have a spinner.....
How many point does a spinner count per pass ?[quoted image]

pinball spare parts Australia

game specific page 8

my game arrived without spinner this solved problem

wire form & target spinner
wireform & target sub assembly
Part Number: 04-10062

Availability: In stock
Excl. Tax: AU$7.00 Incl. Tax: AU$7.70

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

pinball spare parts Australia
game specific page 8
my game arrived without spinner this solved problem
wire form & target spinner
wireform & target sub assembly
Part Number: 04-10062
Availability: In stock
Excl. Tax: AU$7.00 Incl. Tax: AU$7.70

A+..

#795 2 years ago

Has anyone had false jumps register and what was the fix?
Also at times during shoot the track, if a ball goes up the left ramp , the magnets will not always catch the ball and go all the way around the ramp instead of the left wire form. Advice ?

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Also at times during shoot the track, if a ball goes up the left ramp , the magnets will not always catch the ball and go all the way around the ramp instead of the left wire form. Advice ?

id start with a simple chip and connector re seat

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

A rocket shit can sometimes slip past the magnets, I don't think that's a big deal. And are your false hits during multiball? It's a known thing that sometimes happens when one ball goes up the ramp, and another hits that ooto on the right side so the game thinks one ball made that loop...

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

A rocket shit can sometimes slip past the magnets, I don't think that's a big deal. And are your false hits during multiball? It's a known thing that sometimes happens when one ball goes up the ramp, and another hits that ooto on the right side so the game thinks one ball made that loop...

So your game will let a fast ball fly by the magnets?
The false readings are when you attempt to make the jump but actually don't. I can hit the ball with the upper flipper and at times count as a jump. Today it went up the left ramp, didn't even attempt to make the jump and it counted anyways what opto are you referring to?

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So your game will let a fast ball fly by the magnets?
The false readings are when you attempt to make the jump but actually don't. I can hit the ball with the upper flipper and at times count as a jump. Today it went up the left ramp, didn't even attempt to make the jump and it counted anyways what opto are you referring to?

Rarely, but once in maybe 20 games a ball makes it past the magnets. I'd say my last NF behaved the same way. Nothing is perfect
That sounds like a different issue. I haven't had a false loop with a single ball and missed the shit but for the credit for it. I'm talking about two balls at the same time in play tricking the game into thinking the shot was made because the beginning switch and end switch are hit in the same order as if the loop was completed. I'm not nearly game, so now that I think about it not sure if it's an opto or a rollover.

#800 2 years ago

Hey all, new to the group and the game. What a blast. I just put one back together that was in rough shape. I think it turned out fantastic. I helped Cliff Rinear make new ramp end flaps, as mine were rusty. So new ramp end flaps are available from Cliffy‘s, as well as his normal kit that is a must have. Check them out. http://www.passionforpinball.com/

785A52E7-ED8C-46D5-AB5D-4EB45830FAC2 (resized).jpeg785A52E7-ED8C-46D5-AB5D-4EB45830FAC2 (resized).jpeg5BD1989B-ADE6-40D5-9A21-6CE7C5EF0597 (resized).jpeg5BD1989B-ADE6-40D5-9A21-6CE7C5EF0597 (resized).jpegB797FDAD-3295-4BA8-B8D8-011281324170 (resized).jpegB797FDAD-3295-4BA8-B8D8-011281324170 (resized).jpegB9AA4DFD-47A0-45FD-8630-5EB63F6FE03C (resized).jpegB9AA4DFD-47A0-45FD-8630-5EB63F6FE03C (resized).jpeg7ED6E014-1A3C-445D-8B07-DB9C13514360 (resized).jpeg7ED6E014-1A3C-445D-8B07-DB9C13514360 (resized).jpegC128EC85-A7CB-451F-B62F-F8035AA09FE9 (resized).jpegC128EC85-A7CB-451F-B62F-F8035AA09FE9 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better/page/16?hl=mikespins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.