You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in the No Fear club?”

• Yes! 42 votes
    100%

(42 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 238 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

detail (resized).jpg
IMG_20210125_185213574 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210125_185219707 (resized).jpg
A05A803B-2AD0-46C8-9CDE-9FA67F73A5FD (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210125_133529287 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210125_162653603 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210125_162632349 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210125_162642770 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210111_173618429 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210111_173611075 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210111_144746502 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210111_144807397 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210111_144648686 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
20201221_164143 (resized).jpg

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 34 days ago

I'm new to the club! Just got my first pin yesterday which is an excellent condition NF. Ordered LED's, ColorDMD and PinSound.

20201221_164143 (resized).jpg

#652 34 days ago

Nice pick up, we love ours. Just received our Cliffy's set to protect the ramps. Happy holidays, go for the jump! cheers.

#653 34 days ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I'm new to the club! Just got my first pin yesterday which is an excellent condition NF. Ordered LED's, ColorDMD and PinSound.
[quoted image]

Congratulations ! Your upper flipper is out of adjustment though . Should be farther in so the ball could pass by without hitting the flipper.

#654 34 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

upper flipper is out of adjustment

Man ... sharp eye...

Looks like it's in great shape, thinking re-import with the single slot Coin door

#655 30 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Congratulations ! Your upper flipper is out of adjustment though . Should be farther in so the ball could pass by without hitting the flipper.

Nice catch, thanks. I'll mess with that. Simply enough to adjust I assume?

Thanks for the welcome!

#656 30 days ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Nice catch, thanks. I'll mess with that. Simply enough to adjust I assume?
Thanks for the welcome!

It's no different than adjusting standard flippers. While your at it , wiggle the flipper back and forth to check the looseness of it. The long metal shaft may be worn which is common on this game . The part is specific to NF. Marco had it back in stock last time I looked. I'd get one while you can!

#657 29 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

It's no different than adjusting standard flippers. While your at it , wiggle the flipper back and forth to check the looseness of it. The long metal shaft may be worn which is common on this game . The part is specific to NF. Marco had it back in stock last time I looked. I'd get one while you can!

Thank you. I'm a newb, who is Marco? Can you link me please?

#658 29 days ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Thank you. I'm a newb, who is Marco? Can you link me please?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/

#659 29 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

The long metal shaft may be worn which is common on this game . The part is specific to NF. Marco had it back in stock last time I looked. I'd get one while you can!

I just received my long shaft bushing and long flipper bat, just in case. The game is unplayable without it. Cheers.

#660 27 days ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I just received my long shaft bushing and long flipper bat, just in case. The game is unplayable without it. Cheers.

Awesome, thanks. I can't seem to find it on their website. Do you mind sending a link to it please?

#662 27 days ago

Good rule of thumb is to search by the game name, usually gives you the game specific stuff...Happy new year!

#663 27 days ago

Thank you, sir! I appreciate you taking the time to do that for me.

I searched by game but there were hundreds of products, so thanks again for the help!

Happy New Year!

#664 24 days ago

image (resized).jpeg
#665 24 days ago
image (resized).jpeg
#666 20 days ago

I'm back in! I missed my NF as soon as I sold it, and picked up an awesome clearcoated prototype from a great pinsider today. Already ordered my colordmd, rest of the game is pretty cherry woohoo!

#667 20 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm back in! I missed my NF as soon as I sold it, and picked up an awesome clearcoated prototype from a great pinsider today. Already ordered my colordmd, rest of the game is pretty cherry woohoo!

This is the HEP playfield?

#668 20 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

This is the HEP playfield?

Yes, it is. I had a NF for a short time a few years ago, but this one is really nice. Plays nice and fast with clearcoat

#669 20 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes, it is. I had a NF for a short time a few years ago, but this one is really nice. Plays nice and fast with clearcoat

I was really close on getting this one but the deal fell through. Great news for you !
Enjoy your game !

#670 20 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I was really close on getting this one but the deal fell through. Great news for you !
Enjoy your game !

Thanks! It was a last minute impulse buy, but after eyeballing it at home I'm glad I picked it up.

#671 17 days ago

Question for all of my no fear gurus. I can't remember how this works but in the beginning when you launch a ball I believe there is a setting that keeps the drop Target down so that the ball automatically is launched into skydive and returns to the right flipper. I can't figure out how to find that setting and when drop Target is up it makes the ball go down the out lane about 20 to 30% of the time and it's driving me crazy. Can't find it in the adjustments in the manual or game anybody have any idea?
It isn't affected by the staged ball setting ..

#672 16 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Question for all of my no fear gurus. I can't remember how this works but in the beginning when you launch a ball I believe there is a setting that keeps the drop Target down so that the ball automatically is launched into skydive and returns to the right flipper. I can't figure out how to find that setting and when drop Target is up it makes the ball go down the out lane about 20 to 30% of the time and it's driving me crazy. Can't find it in the adjustments in the manual or game anybody have any idea?

Are you saying the drop target doesn't go down when you launch a ball?

#673 16 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Are you saying the drop target doesn't go down when you launch a ball?

Yes, it's up, and gets knocked down when the launched ball hits it. So when the ball launches, it rebounds back and often goes down the right outlane. I can't find a setting.. it's not like it isn't functioning properly throughout the game, so I assumed it is a setting.

#674 16 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Like above, it should go down automatically when you launch a ball. Is your secondary coil working? The one that is used to drop the target down.

#675 16 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

Like above, it should go down automatically when you launch a ball. Is your secondary coil working? The one that is used to drop the target down.

It goes down when the ball hits it, and it works during gameplay as it should. Is a secondary coil in switch test? I'ma go check...
Huh..m I didn't remember this from my last NF! Sure enough, that coil isn't working in test! I was hoping it was just a disconnected wire, but nope, it's all soldered nice and neat.

#676 16 days ago

It should go down when you launch. Guess I'm glad I didn't pick this up after all!
( kidding )

#677 16 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

It should go down when you launch. Guess I'm glad I didn't pick this up after all!
( kidding )

Lmao! It's all nice and neat down there, but that coil isn't firing..hmmmm

#678 16 days ago

Mine had this issue and the corner of the armature was broken off... would check this as its hard to see.

#679 16 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Mine had this issue and the corner of the armature was broken off... would check this as its hard to see.

Thanks. I'm looking now, it all looks brand new and squeaky clean, but no noise or movement at all from this coil. I can't imagine it's a fuse, as everything else is working fine, as far as I can tell.

#680 16 days ago

Thanks all, I got it! Thanks Micky for letting me know about that coil... I didn't remember at all how that was supposed to work.. Just had to reflow solder where the tiny copper winding meets the connection on that tiny coil.. All is right in the world again!!

#681 16 days ago

Do you get any air balls when hitting the drop target?

#682 16 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Do you get any air balls when hitting the drop target?

I have had a handful of airballs, nothing major but one did come back about halfway to the flippers.
It's amazing... I didn't even know there was anything wrong before, but now I'm so happy every time I launch a ball and see the drop target go down!

#683 16 days ago

Brent,
I does not drop down on launch, it will only drop down on the third launch during ballsaver. Ie it goes out the right outline twice and on the third launch it will put down the target, Take the ball down the subway and give it back through the ballpopper. at least that's how it has worked for the last 5 years at my place. maybe because it is a prototype.

that said, if you get a lot of right side outlain drains, you should check for R-L level. it is probably a bit to the right. Also you need to perfect the up and to the left ( or More left and up) nudge that brings the right post into play and nudges the ball up over the sling.

normally i would get that drain about 10% of the time and be able to safe it with the nudge about 5% of the time.

regards,
Bob

#684 16 days ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

Brent,
I does not drop down on launch, it will only drop down on the third launch during ballsaver. Ie it goes out the right outline twice and on the third launch it will put down the target, Take the ball down the subway and give it back through the ballpopper. at least that's how it has worked for the last 5 years at my place. maybe because it is a prototype.
that said, if you get a lot of right side outlain drains, you should check for R-L level. it is probably a bit to the right. Also you need to perfect the up and to the left ( or More left and up) nudge that brings the right post into play and nudges the ball up over the sling.
normally i would get that drain about 10% of the time and be able to safe it with the nudge about 5% of the time.
regards,
Bob

Hey, Bob. That's what I thought too.... Until I checked out that coil. The winding wire was broken just before the solder joint. Soldered it back and it works as described above drops as you launch the ball, allowing the ball into the scoop.
I am loving this game, and Bob was great to deal with!

#685 16 days ago

Its suppose to go down everytime. Either that or I've been playing a broken no fear for the last 8 years.

#686 16 days ago
Quoted from tp:

Its suppose to go down everytime. Either that or I've been playing a broken no fear for the last 8 years.

5 years...DOH!

#687 16 days ago

Anyone know of a plastic protector for the drop Target lane/skydiver plastic? I can only find protectors for the slings and outlanes, and want to keep mine in perfect shape as it seems impossible to replace. If I can't fine one, I will make one out of plexi, but I'd rather just buy one if it's available.

#688 16 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anyone know of a plastic protector for the drop Target lane/skydiver plastic? I can only find protectors for the slings and outlanes, and want to keep mine in perfect shape as it seems impossible to replace. If I can't fine one, I will make one out of plexi, but I'd rather just buy one if it's available.

I've been looking high and low for both plastic and protecter. None to be found. If you make your own protector, hit me up for one!

#689 16 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I've been looking high and low for both plastic and protecter. None to be found. If you make your own protector, hit me up for one!

I will try, I will be just hacking and grinding here, no fancy tools
I am so glad I got this game back in the lineup. Three years ago I had one for about 7 months and traded it away. When I saw this one j just knew it was meant to be. I love the prototype aspect, and the clearcoated playfield is just sexy as hell.
Just did some quick mods that seemed missing since I had done them to my last one... And colordmd coming on Thursday

IMG_20210111_144648686 (resized).jpgIMG_20210111_144746502 (resized).jpgIMG_20210111_144807397 (resized).jpg

#690 15 days ago

So... I was taking everything apart to take the entire plastic off to make a protector and realized why nobody makes one... What a pain in the ass... Wires to switches thru holes, etc. So, I ended up just making a protector for the vulnerable front edge. It only goes back to the skydiver art, but is super solid and should protect that edge I think. My brain is getting used to seeing it, and I think I'm happy with it. Pain to make templates and dremel/grind, and I guess a little home made looking as the edges aren't perfect, but I'm glad it's on there. Not sure if this would help Mollyspub or if ya need a whole big plastic piece to support one that's already damaged?

IMG_20210111_173611075 (resized).jpgIMG_20210111_173618429 (resized).jpg

#691 15 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So... I was taking everything apart to take the entire plastic off to make a protector and realized why nobody makes one... What a pain in the ass... Wires to switches thru holes, etc. So, I ended up just making a protector for the vulnerable front edge. It only goes back to the skydiver art, but is super solid and should protect that edge I think. My brain is getting used to seeing it, and I think I'm happy with it. Pain to make templates and dremel/grind, and I guess a little home made looking as the edges aren't perfect, but I'm glad it's on there. Not sure if this would help Mollyspub or if ya need a whole big plastic piece to support one that's already damaged?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet man! I'll take one!

#692 14 days ago

Man... They came out with the colordmd firmware a month after I traded my last NF. Got one in the game today, and having had 10 or 12 colordmd games, this is definitely one of my favorites... What a nice job. Kinda torn between modes, but I think scan edges out dotsXL on some of the animations.

#693 11 days ago

Just me again.....
So every time I get a game I say I'm not gonna dump too much money into it, and every time, well, you know.
Anyone suggest side blades? I'm not crazy about adding even more flames, so I'm leaning towards mirror blades but thought someone might have found something cool.

1 week later
#694 1 day ago

Well, this is not the liveliest group! I went with mirror blades and love them on this game. I also put starpost leds in which look cool. Neither photograph very well. The star posts light up a nice deep red, but wash out in the pics.
IMG_20210125_133529287 (resized).jpgIMG_20210125_162632349 (resized).jpgIMG_20210125_162642770 (resized).jpgIMG_20210125_162653603 (resized).jpg

#695 1 day ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, this is not the liveliest group! I went with mirror blades and love them on this game. I also put starpost leds in which look cool. Neither photograph very well. The star posts light up a nice deep red, but wash out in the pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't see either with all that glare coming off the gourges cc playfield!

#696 1 day ago

Need help. Got a no fear here missing the upper ball gate. The one where the magnet stops it and it falls onto wire form. If someone could post a picture or show me where to buy one it would be greatly appreciated. Mines gone and got no idea what it looks like. Maybe I could make one with a good pic. Thanks for the help.

A05A803B-2AD0-46C8-9CDE-9FA67F73A5FD (resized).jpeg
#697 1 day ago

It gets wide on the bottom.

IMG_20210125_185213574 (resized).jpgIMG_20210125_185219707 (resized).jpg
#698 1 day ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Need help. Got a no fear here missing the upper ball gate. The one where the magnet stops it and it falls onto wire form. If someone could post a picture or show me where to buy one it would be greatly appreciated. Mines gone and got no idea what it looks like. Maybe I could make one with a good pic. Thanks for the help.
[quoted image]

You can buy them from here

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7278.1

#699 1 day ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

If someone could post a picture or show me where to buy one it would be greatly appreciated.

This might be it. Edit- Micky beat me by 10 seconds. I must be getting slow in my old age.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7278.1

detail (resized).jpg

#700 1 day ago

Yeah, for four bucks, I'd be buying one, doesn't look easy to make!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside