Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled-864.png
CactusCooler.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

It will never have the ccc software. They would have to write there own code.

While I tend to agree with you on this I'm wondering why you are so confident. Would it be cost prohibitive for Planetary write their own code or purchase/license the CCC code? Would it violate Planetary’s agreement with Williams to add such code or write new? I honestly don't know the answer but perhaps you have insight.

Feel free to reply also, Rick.

Kim

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we will have some surprises on a ccr if there is one ...maybe cccccr.

Rick: With all due respect, these ambiguous comments put you in a poor light in my opinion. Perhaps it might be wise to remain silent as opposed to voluntarily posting such comments.

Your past ambiguous comments about remaking Big Bang Bar still resonate as fact with some in the community even after you posted a correction.

I hold you in the highest regard personally but feel comments such as these are manipulative and intentionally confusing. I'm disappointed.

I welcome being corrected if I've misinterpreted anything.

Kim

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well - PPS does have the rights from Williams now to do code changes and make "2.0" type of games. We know they're doing MMr. They could theoretically do a CCr with officially updated code. Whether they work out something to use the CCC code or have the original programmer finish it in another way, that's another story.

Thanks Greg, but that doesn't answers my concern that you responded to. Perhaps you meant my previous comment to DaveB.

And thank you, that was helpful.

Kim

#24 5 years ago

#45 5 years ago

And that's the problem. From all of this will come gossip and rumors which will very quickly evolve into certainty. People will be repeating it as fact as they are true believers and wannabe's. I see people on Pinside talking out of their ass's all of the time based on nothing but a dream. For those truly in the know or wanting documentation, its amazing to watch and futile to argue.

Personally I like to make life decisions based on hard facts from credible people. Officially posted, no nonsense statements please. A gullible internet is easily mislead and I think people should be more careful in what they say and believe.

Kim

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure, Rick has implied/straight up said multiple times.

What does "implied/straight up said" mean?

Kim

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I think it's clear that much of the speculation and inuendo on pinside is not the place to make life decisions on ...
pinside cuts both ways, you cannot imagine the amount of manipulation that goes on by others of what we are working on ... it's just unfortunately the way it is sometimes, eventually 'reality' is extracted over time from the long long posts ...
But please, no soapbox about manipulation, and if so, please broaden the scope of who you think does that. People are asking me questions and I am responding to the point I can or want to at the time, I'm not really super bored to create stories for everyone's entertainment value ...
rick

Rick

That last quote was not directed at you. In context the entire quote was about Pinside and how loose people are with rumor and gossip. For example look at Aurich's recent quote just above about remaking BBB.

After reading your comment above I think I have a better understanding of what you're saying. I'm sorry if I over reacted but your quotes just hit me wrong at that moment. And if I was interpreting it wrong, so were others. Food for thought.

As far as manipulation by others of what you are working on, I do understand. The hobby business that I sold you burned me out from small minded people I will never understand. I imagine the forces on you are tenfold what I dealt with.

Very sorry to have added to your woes, Rick. I now understand why you said what you did and it makes sense.

Kim

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, I'm looking at it, what am I supposed to be seeing?

Quoted from Aurich:

If you own a MM, or CC, or BBB (look at those showing up for sale all of a sudden) and a remake cuts your value, then that's just the way it goes, sorry.

You've lumped BBB in with MM and CC as being in the Planetary line up. It's not. What company are you predicting will be re-making the BBB?

Kim

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Apparently Mr 68 only likes serious discourse based firmly on fact here on pinside's forums. All our braying about silly things like pinball games we'd like to see remade clearly have no place here.
I think most of it boils down to... Get off my lawn!

How foolish of me to want to deal in facts and truths.
Speculate away my friends. I hope all of your wishes and fantasy's come true.

Again, my apology to Rich Bartlett. - Aurich, I will send you a private message.

Kim

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside