Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled-864.png
CactusCooler.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joejet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And that's the problem. From all of this will come gossip and rumors which will very quickly evolve into certainty. People will be repeating it as fact as they are true believers and wannabe's. I see people on Pinside talking out of their ass's all of the time based on nothing but a dream. For those truly in the know or wanting documentation, its amazing to watch and futile to argue.
Personally I like to make life decisions based on hard facts from credible people. Officially posted, no nonsense statements please. A gullible internet is easily mislead and I think people should be more careful in what they say and believe.
Kim

Yep. I realize it's Rick's business but as a collector uncertainty and rumor sucks. Instead of saying "one game at a time" and getting into how all games are possible makes potential buyers sit on the fence...

The whole market is driven by collectors, not operators... who would buy a Stern IM at 6k if Stern chimes in every IM thread saying "we can make more if there is a demand". Of course we all know they COULD (see TSPP) but why say that??

Then there is the argument.. we are selling to players and not collectors.. BS. We are all players AND Collectors. One of the great things about this hobby is you can close to break even when you buy and sell. Some games you lose and some you may actually break even or (god forbid) make a few bucks. If every game purchased was re-run for demand you stand to lose a thousand plus per game.. goodbye collectors and goodbye pinball. Golden goose killed.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not that keeping the value of anyone's collection artificially high is Rick's job.

It's not artificially high.. it was based on supply/demand. He's making it artificially LOW with the uncertainty.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

this is some absurd usage of the word "artificially".

No

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

sorry about your bad investment but PPS pledging to respond to market demand is not "artificially" suppressing any demand. it is simply meeting that demand better than your old used pins are. capitalism 101.

What bad investment?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only words that matter here.

Agreed? Now... what's the supply again?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If there's demand for remakes then Rick will supply them. This will cause old games to lose value. Older games are already losing some of that value just from the pressure of MMr, no extra rumors required. So people asking Rick to muzzle himself seems both counterproductive and somewhat rude. He should be able to tease his products and build buzz as he sees fit.
It's like someone telling me to not hint about a translite design because they're trying to buy a machine for cheap and they're worried a new translite might make the owner want to keep it (far fetched example and inflating my importance!). I'd certainly not want to throw salt into someone's game on purpose, but if they were seriously trying to silence me for their own financial gain on a transaction I'd resent it. My business is mine.

Funny you should use that analogy. I am assuming you have permission to run the alternates you create from PPS and Stern....or dont need it.

How would you feel if they announced they have some cool new alternate translites coming out for the Shadow and ACDC "in the works" ?

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Was a bit of a "doh!" moment, I almost canned the project, was gonna look like I was ripping them off. Decided to just stick with it and see how it worked out (went great, no worries).

Luci is different because you cant buy the Luci changes as an "upgrade" to your ACDC. If you could, it would potentially cut into your sales (but i actually like yours better.. Luci art is pretty weak IMHO).

I guess the bottom line is while I get the business model, and the fact that MMr cuts into MM (the rough ones particularly) we know whats up (pretty much) with that. MM is still selling/moving. The other titles however (BBB and CC) are huge collector items that are a real tough sell at this point because PPS is hinting they will be released but not when or how. I feel for those that spent top dollar for those, and especially those that simply bought them to play and move on to another title.. those guys are screwed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joejet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside