• Latest reply 9 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-864.png
CactusCooler.jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not that keeping the value of anyone's collection artificially high is Rick's job.

It's not artificially high.. it was based on supply/demand. He's making it artificially LOW with the uncertainty.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

CCr. Great band!

I see a bad moon rising ....

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

It's not artificially high.. it was based on supply/demand. He's making it artificially LOW with the uncertainty.

this is some absurd usage of the word "artificially".

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

this is some absurd usage of the word "artificially".

No

#55 9 years ago

sorry about your bad investment but PPS pledging to respond to market demand is not "artificially" suppressing any demand. it is simply meeting that demand better than your old used pins are. capitalism 101.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I see a bad moon rising ....

Thank you, I couldn't figure out who the CCR band was until you posted that lyric snipped!

Quoted from JoeJet:

supply/demand

Only words that matter here.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

sorry about your bad investment but PPS pledging to respond to market demand is not "artificially" suppressing any demand. it is simply meeting that demand better than your old used pins are. capitalism 101.

What bad investment?

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Based on past behaviors it would appear the ambiguity of what will be remade/when is very intentional. Less money in originals means more money possibly spent on remakes I would guess. Either way, I prefer more money and time put towards new titles. At least with CCR and BBBRR those are titles that are not often seen.

I still prefer completely new titles and money to be spent on them.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only words that matter here.

Agreed? Now... what's the supply again?

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Agreed? Now... what's the supply again?

If there's demand for remakes then Rick will supply them. This will cause old games to lose value. Older games are already losing some of that value just from the pressure of MMr, no extra rumors required. So people asking Rick to muzzle himself seems both counterproductive and somewhat rude. He should be able to tease his products and build buzz as he sees fit.

It's like someone telling me to not hint about a translite design because they're trying to buy a machine for cheap and they're worried a new translite might make the owner want to keep it (far fetched example and inflating my importance!). I'd certainly not want to throw salt into someone's game on purpose, but if they were seriously trying to silence me for their own financial gain on a transaction I'd resent it. My business is mine.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If there's demand for remakes then Rick will supply them. This will cause old games to lose value. Older games are already losing some of that value just from the pressure of MMr, no extra rumors required. So people asking Rick to muzzle himself seems both counterproductive and somewhat rude. He should be able to tease his products and build buzz as he sees fit.
It's like someone telling me to not hint about a translite design because they're trying to buy a machine for cheap and they're worried a new translite might make the owner want to keep it (far fetched example and inflating my importance!). I'd certainly not want to throw salt into someone's game on purpose, but if they were seriously trying to silence me for their own financial gain on a transaction I'd resent it. My business is mine.

Funny you should use that analogy. I am assuming you have permission to run the alternates you create from PPS and Stern....or dont need it.

How would you feel if they announced they have some cool new alternate translites coming out for the Shadow and ACDC "in the works" ?

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And that's the problem. From all of this will come gossip and rumors which will very quickly evolve into certainty. People will be repeating it as fact as they are true believers and wannabe's. I see people on Pinside talking out of their ass's all of the time based on nothing but a dream. For those truly in the know or wanting documentation, its amazing to watch and futile to argue.
Personally I like to make life decisions based on hard facts from credible people. Officially posted, no nonsense statements please. A gullible internet is easily mislead and I think people should be more careful in what they say and believe.
Kim

Completely agree, though it seems that some of these "wishful thinking" posts might actually sway decision makers at Stern.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

How would you feel if they announced they have some cool new alternate translites coming out for The Shadow and ACDC "in the works" ?

I can already tell you how that feels, because Luci was announced while I was already working on Helen.

Was a bit of a "doh!" moment, I almost canned the project, was gonna look like I was ripping them off. Decided to just stick with it and see how it worked out (went great, no worries).

If someone did a new translite that was awesome and everyone wanted it instead of mine, then that means the community just got a new kick ass design, and pinball wins, even if maybe I didn't personally (hey, if it's that great maybe I'd buy it and be stoked too). Which is the lesson here, if there's demand, and someone creates supply, then people benefit. If you own a MM, or CC, or BBB (look at those showing up for sale all of a sudden) and a remake cuts your value, then that's just the way it goes, sorry. Someone at some point is gonna be left holding the ball in this hobby, it's inevitable. Ask the jukebox collectors.

Luckily if you bought the game to enjoy it and not to sell it you've still got a kick ass game to play. That beats a jukebox any day of the week if you ask me; that can be replaced with an iPod and a pair of speakers.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Was a bit of a "doh!" moment, I almost canned the project, was gonna look like I was ripping them off. Decided to just stick with it and see how it worked out (went great, no worries).

Luci is different because you cant buy the Luci changes as an "upgrade" to your ACDC. If you could, it would potentially cut into your sales (but i actually like yours better.. Luci art is pretty weak IMHO).

I guess the bottom line is while I get the business model, and the fact that MMr cuts into MM (the rough ones particularly) we know whats up (pretty much) with that. MM is still selling/moving. The other titles however (BBB and CC) are huge collector items that are a real tough sell at this point because PPS is hinting they will be released but not when or how. I feel for those that spent top dollar for those, and especially those that simply bought them to play and move on to another title.. those guys are screwed.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Personally I like to make life decisions based on hard facts from credible people

I think it's clear that much of the speculation and inuendo on pinside is not the place to make life decisions on ...
pinside cuts both ways, you cannot imagine the amount of manipulation that goes on by others of what we are working on ... it's just unfortunately the way it is sometimes, eventually 'reality' is extracted over time from the long long posts ...

But please, no soapbox about manipulation, and if so, please broaden the scope of who you think does that. People are asking me questions and I am responding to the point I can or want to at the time, I'm not really super bored to create stories for everyone's entertainment value ...

rick

#66 9 years ago

Can we start hyping an AFMr please. I want to see a big price drop on those. kthanks

#67 9 years ago

yes, but that would have to be in an AFMr thread

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

yes, but that would have to be in an AFMr thread

I just didn't want MMr and BBBBBBBBBrrrrrrrrrrrrr to be the only off topic ones mentioned here. lol

#69 9 years ago

Since people are bringing up other titles AFM,MB,MM.Then would it be safe to say that Cirqus Voltaire will not have a remake?

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I think it's clear that much of the speculation and inuendo on pinside is not the place to make life decisions on ...
pinside cuts both ways, you cannot imagine the amount of manipulation that goes on by others of what we are working on ... it's just unfortunately the way it is sometimes, eventually 'reality' is extracted over time from the long long posts ...
But please, no soapbox about manipulation, and if so, please broaden the scope of who you think does that. People are asking me questions and I am responding to the point I can or want to at the time, I'm not really super bored to create stories for everyone's entertainment value ...
rick

Rick

That last quote was not directed at you. In context the entire quote was about Pinside and how loose people are with rumor and gossip. For example look at Aurich's recent quote just above about remaking BBB.

After reading your comment above I think I have a better understanding of what you're saying. I'm sorry if I over reacted but your quotes just hit me wrong at that moment. And if I was interpreting it wrong, so were others. Food for thought.

As far as manipulation by others of what you are working on, I do understand. The hobby business that I sold you burned me out from small minded people I will never understand. I imagine the forces on you are tenfold what I dealt with.

Very sorry to have added to your woes, Rick. I now understand why you said what you did and it makes sense.

Kim

#71 9 years ago

Rick think with your wallet - make Funhouse a DMD - sell under 6k and run Sterns factory for them for 6 months lol.
Seriously CCr what 1-1500 units tops MB 2k maybe ....FH grand slam.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For example look at Aurich's recent quote just above about remaking BBB.

Okay, I'm looking at it, what am I supposed to be seeing?

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Rick, that was not my quote. It was a quote from Mr68 (Kim) that you attributed to me.

And my comments were about the wishful thinking posts people make about Stern. No soapbox here.

The thing that bothers me, and I'm sure you agree 10x, is when people start rumors to manipulate the pipeline of new games. I doubt a savvy business guy like yourself would go in for such things... but it's more about people trying to sway you and the other decision makers (like those at Stern).

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Luckily if you bought the game to enjoy it and not to sell it you've still got a kick ass game to play. That beats a jukebox any day of the week if you ask me; that can be replaced with an iPod and a pair of speakers.

What value? Enjoyment .... +1 Aurich
And all the MMr buyers, you're in for a hell of a game, enjoy!!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quoted from Aurich:

If you own a MM, or CC, or BBB (look at those showing up for sale all of a sudden) and a remake cuts your value, then that's just the way it goes, sorry.

You've lumped BBB in with MM and CC as being in the Planetary line up. It's not. What company are you predicting will be re-making the BBB?

Kim

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You've lumped BBB in with MM and CC as being in the Planetary line up. It's not. What company are you predicting will be re-make the BBB?
Kim

Whatever one buys the Capcom assets along with IPB going under and being forced to liquidate. Nobody in their right mind would buy what little IPB holds without a plan to remake BBB, KP, or both.

#77 9 years ago

Quoted from Whysnow:Whatever one buys the Capcom assets along with IPB going under and being forced to liquidate. Nobody in their right mind would buy what little IPB holds without a plan to remake BBB, KP, or both.

I vote for a Kingpin remake!

#78 9 years ago

I vote for originality! With the exception of a few high priced pins

#79 9 years ago

Most probable remakes IMO are those that have started to push remade parts out prior to any announcement.
Top two Attack from Mars and Totan. Both of which have playfields and art work out and both of which are not licensed beyond Williams.
Thats my two cent but anything is great IMO just would not be a player on some....MMRLE yep I am on the list and very happy.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Apparently Mr 68 only likes serious discourse based firmly on fact here on pinside's forums. All our braying about silly things like pinball games we'd like to see remade clearly have no place here.

I think most of it boils down to... Get off my lawn!

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I vote for originality! With the exception of a few high priced pins

Well they were all original at some point. Just think of the future ones as factory restores

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You've lumped BBB in with MM and CC as being in the Planetary line up. It's not. What company are you predicting will be re-making the BBB?
Kim

Williams had the rights to BBB at one point (they built a sample game IIRC) so people have speculated Rick could make one. Or he'd magically get the rights from Gene, or the holding company, or however the hell it works. Beats me, I don't know the answer to that. What I do know is that suddenly a bunch of them appeared on the market, and if you ask me it's because people are trying to dump them before a potential remake crashes their value.

That's reality, they're selling them. Anything else is guesswork. Which is what we do on forums.

I still don't get your point though. You want me to not mention this? Because that's ridiculous, you realize that right? Do you mean something else? I have no idea what you're pointing at.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Williams had the rights to BBB at one point (they built a sample game IIRC) so people have speculated Rick could make one. Or he'd magically get the rights from Gene, or the holding company, or however the hell it works. Beats me, I don't know the answer to that. What I do know is that suddenly a bunch of them appeared on the market, and if you ask me it's because people are trying to dump them before a potential remake crashes their value.
That's reality, they're selling them. Anything else is guesswork. Which is what we do on forums.
I still don't get your point though. You want me to not mention this? Because that's ridiculous, you realize that right? Do you mean something else? I have no idea what you're pointing at.

Why didn't gene sell off anything before he went into bankruptcy?

#84 9 years ago

I think it's a fun part of Pinside when people like Rick throw out teasers about what may be coming next. Too many people seem to get upset about not knowing things before other people. Just enjoy the ride (and our hobby) folks. Can't wait for my MMr!!

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I get the sense that not everything Gene did was in his own financial best interest.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Apparently Mr 68 only likes serious discourse based firmly on fact here on pinside's forums. All our braying about silly things like pinball games we'd like to see remade clearly have no place here.
I think most of it boils down to... Get off my lawn!

How foolish of me to want to deal in facts and truths.
Speculate away my friends. I hope all of your wishes and fantasy's come true.

Again, my apology to Rich Bartlett. - Aurich, I will send you a private message.

Kim

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If I remember correctly he had a huge warehouse sale that included selling or trying to sell BBB#1.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I think it's a fun part of Pinside when people like Rick throw out teasers about what may be coming next. Too many people seem to get upset about not knowing things before other people. Just enjoy the ride (and our hobby) folks. Can't wait for my MMr!!

Absolutely dude. This WHOLE WEBSITE exists for us to kick the can, gossip, daydream, wonder, and even sometimes... influence the powers that be to bend to our mighty whim...

This is not a bulletin board where we get 100% official factual news from the horse, nod in unanimous agreement and move along silently. Part of the fun here is... talking about nothing. lol

So bring on CCR, BBBRRRRRR, and all the other remakes. Bring on walking dead and zombies and lazer projectors and holograms and sub playfields with little gopros in there that we play on a giant 3D HD screen. Bring on the wacky ads at Expo with a machine under a rug, bring on begging Color DMD to do whatever game you have this month. Bring on the speculation!

#89 9 years ago

Or just do MBr

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If there's demand for remakes then Rick will supply them. This will cause old games to lose value.

Man I hope this happens on a massive scale. LIBATIONS & Pinball Machines for EVERYBODY!!

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

CCR the pin. Featuring Fortunate Son multiball. Born on the Bayou wizard mode. Modes include Proud Mary in which you roll down the river, Run through the Jungle, Bad Moon Rising and Who'll stop the rain. John Fogerty approved!

God I love CCR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-by-williams/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.