• Latest reply 9 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-864.png
CactusCooler.jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Is a Cactus Canyon re-pop a possible from PPS ?

#2 9 years ago

That would be the one I am interested in. I have been there and done that with MM, AFM and MB.

I wouldn't mind having an AFMr, but CC is the one that I'd like to have.

#3 9 years ago

CC isn't much without the new code IMO. If it could run CCC I could see it being a no brainer.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Is a Cactus Canyon re-pop a possible from PPS ?

It is safe to assume that every Bally/Williams game of interest will... eventually... be remade.

Possible is 100%... it's always possible... likely... well thats a little different. I would say "more likely than not". As to when... who knows. As long as the money flows... they possibilities will arise..

#5 9 years ago

When I saw CCR my mind instinctively went to the band. I guess I've not immersed myself enough yet.

#6 9 years ago

CCr. Great band!

#7 9 years ago

I feel this is the least likely out of the big 4 or 5.

#8 9 years ago

I would be in 100% on cc remake actually working on gettin an original

#9 9 years ago

If it can play ccc, I want one

#10 9 years ago

we will have some surprises on a ccr if there is one ...maybe cccccr.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we will have some surprises on a ccr if there is one

lol! if...

#13 9 years ago

second in line

#14 9 years ago

not in line.....it will be either AFM or MB.

#15 9 years ago

I'd be in with ccc software also

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

not in line.....it will be either AFM or MB.

Praying for MB

#17 9 years ago

It will never have the ccc software. They would have to write there own code. Cc as it sits is a turd but with ccc is a top game.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

It will never have the ccc software. They would have to write there own code.

While I tend to agree with you on this I'm wondering why you are so confident. Would it be cost prohibitive for Planetary write their own code or purchase/license the CCC code? Would it violate Planetary’s agreement with Williams to add such code or write new? I honestly don't know the answer but perhaps you have insight.

Feel free to reply also, Rick.

Kim

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Rick: With all due respect, these ambiguous comments put you in a poor light in my opinion. Perhaps it might be wise to remain silent as opposed to voluntarily posting such comments.

Your past ambiguous comments about remaking Big Bang Bar still resonate as fact with some in the community even after you posted a correction.

I hold you in the highest regard personally but feel comments such as these are manipulative and intentionally confusing. I'm disappointed.

I welcome being corrected if I've misinterpreted anything.

Kim

#20 9 years ago

Yes ! Yes ! Yes !

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Pencil me in for one Rick!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Rick: With all due respect, these ambiguous comments put you in a poor light in my opinion. Perhaps it might be wise to remain silent as opposed to voluntarily posting such comments.
Your past ambiguous comments about remaking Big Bang Bar still resonate as fact with some in the community even after you posted a correction.
I hold you in the highest regard personally but feel comments such as these are manipulative and intentionally confusing. I'm disappointed.
I welcome being corrected if I've misinterpreted anything.
Kim

Well - PPS does have the rights from Williams now to do code changes and make "2.0" type of games. We know they're doing MMr. They could theoretically do a CCr with officially updated code. Whether they work out something to use the CCC code or have the original programmer finish it in another way, that's another story.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well - PPS does have the rights from Williams now to do code changes and make "2.0" type of games. We know they're doing MMr. They could theoretically do a CCr with officially updated code. Whether they work out something to use the CCC code or have the original programmer finish it in another way, that's another story.

Thanks Greg, but that doesn't answers my concern that you responded to. Perhaps you meant my previous comment to DaveB.

And thank you, that was helpful.

Kim

#24 9 years ago

#25 9 years ago

My comments are usually about what is possible or desired - if you view that as manipulative, then i guess alot of what is posted on pinside or manupulative ...

With respect to CCr / WPC 2.0, we are very interested in updating as many games as we can that need it or would benefit from it. So we will work thru any opportunity to do that we can under the WPC 2.0 banner which is generally focused on expanding 'existing' games. As for remakes, if we do a CCr, then we would likely leverage expanded code for CC into that. There is nothing inconsistent in that, in fact it's pretty consistent and pretty obvious given all of the things that are happening ...

rick

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

It is safe to assume that every Bally/Williams game of interest will... eventually... be remade.

At $8K a pop??? LMFAO!!!

#27 9 years ago

So this thread started about No Fear and morphed into CCr-
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-by-williams

Personally I think No Fear is the better game. Time to crack open a Cactus Cooler and go play it.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Personally I think No Fear is the better game. Time to crack open a Cactus Cooler and go play it.

CactusCooler.jpgCactusCooler.jpg
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

It will never have the ccc software. They would have to write there own code. Cc as it sits is a turd but with ccc is a top game.

Never? You sure about that? They have the ability to modify the existing code and PPS has stated in more than a couple of threads that a CCr would "likely" include enhanced rules.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Cactus cooler? Never heard of it, love Pinside I learn something new everyday.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

At $8K a pop??? LMFAO!!!

Laugh it up chuckles. People lined up to pay before... they will line up again. They sold out of LE's in a single day...

This is 2014... $8,000 is the new baseline for a nice new pinball game.

Get over it.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

My comments are usually about what is possible or desired - if you view that as manipulative, then i guess alot of what is posted on pinside or manupulative ...
With respect to CCr / WPC 2.0, we are very interested in updating as many games as we can that need it or would benefit from it. So we will work thru any opportunity to do that we can under the WPC 2.0 banner which is generally focused on expanding 'existing' games. As for remakes, if we do a CCr, then we would likely leverage expanded code for CC into that. There is nothing inconsistent in that, in fact it's pretty consistent and pretty obvious given all of the things that are happening ...
rick

For those of you who missed it:

At a time yet to be determined:
-PPS will release a CC 2.0 expanded code, which will become for sale for all CC owners to "complete" their code on their existing game.
-PPS will release a CCR, which will include the CC 2.0 code right out of the box. Price and amount made to be determined.

What was not said, but is safe to assume, is that any WMS game ever made... could at least "technically"... be remade. If the code is half ass, it could not only be remade, but updated as well.

Good times in pinball land. Big things to come.

#33 9 years ago

Didnt think TAF could be remade or Williams IJ.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Laugh it up chuckles. People lined up to pay before... they will line up again. They sold out of LE's in a single day...
This is 2014... $8,000 is the new baseline for a nice new pinball game.
Get over it.

Only flaw in that perception is you forget that MM was the holiest of the "Holy Grails". Other games may or may not have the same cache to command $8K in meaningful numbers, but I guess we'll see how well the Hobbit, the yet unnamed third JJP title and upcoming Sterns compete for that finite 8 grand pinball money.

#35 9 years ago

No ones getting 8k from me again. The MMR, yes to help it grow and being the "one". Not even BBB gets 8k. Buy a remake , you bet. But with Stern running a factory for it and the system developed the number has to come down. Not saying anything silly but there is plenty of room to price these games to sell amazing quantities.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Didnt think TAF could be remade or Williams IJ.

Yeh but why make these at $8K a pop

CCR and MB would both sells well

I have doubts on a $8K AFM and if I was PPS I'd bump CC with finished code to be the next remake as the demand will be there. Same with MB I see this selling very very well. On AFM I'm sorry I do not see the same demand as MM, MB or CC I just do not think it has the same demand as the other 3. Plus MB and CC consistently sell for above $8K and AFM's are usually found for less.

Please Rick make your next title based on market demand!!!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yeh but why make these at $8K a pop
CCR and MB would both sells well
I have doubts on a $8K AFM and if I was PPS I'd bump CC with finished code to be the next remake as the demand will be there. Same with MB I see this selling very very well. On AFM I'm sorry I do not see the same demand as MM, MB or CC I just do not think it has the same demand as the other 3. Plus MB and CC consistently sell for above $8K and AFM's are usually found for less.
Please Rick make your next title based on market demand!!!

I agree. They shouldnt focus on games with such a high production number like those anyway. I dont think they all need to be 8k each either

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

On AFM I'm sorry I do not see the same demand as MM, MB or CC I just do not think it has the same demand as the other 3

Agree, at the right price I may go AFM but having owned MB and AFM, MB remake is a for sure. AFM is huge maybe. Its a game that once you owned does not need to come back. Especially with METS and IMs out there.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Ok Rick, line starts where?

Now shut up and take my money!

Untitled-864.pngUntitled-864.png
#40 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Not saying anything silly but there is plenty of room to price these games to sell amazing quantities

It would seem that some won't buy games unless they are over-priced.

#41 9 years ago

So from what i am hearing ,they will be making a Cactus Canyon remake ?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

So from what i am hearing ,they will be making a Cactus Canyon remake ?

No, that's not what's happening. According to everything I read from Rick: WHEN MMr is done and IF there is a market for CCr or another Williams title and IF Rick decides to pursue another title, CCr MAY be one of those titles. So the takehome from that is nothing has been decided yet. Lets just watch MMr progress.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

CCr. Great band

CCR the pin. Featuring Fortunate Son multiball. Born on the Bayou wizard mode. Modes include Proud Mary in which you roll down the river, Run through the Jungle, Bad Moon Rising and Who'll stop the rain. John Fogerty approved!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

No, that's not what's happening. According to everything I read from Rick: WHEN MMr is done and IF there is a market for CCr or another Williams title and IF Rick decides to pursue another title, CCr MAY be one of those titles. So the takehome from that is nothing has been decided yet. Lets just watch MMr progress.

I prefer to read between the lines. Makes life more interesting.

#45 9 years ago

And that's the problem. From all of this will come gossip and rumors which will very quickly evolve into certainty. People will be repeating it as fact as they are true believers and wannabe's. I see people on Pinside talking out of their ass's all of the time based on nothing but a dream. For those truly in the know or wanting documentation, its amazing to watch and futile to argue.

Personally I like to make life decisions based on hard facts from credible people. Officially posted, no nonsense statements please. A gullible internet is easily mislead and I think people should be more careful in what they say and believe.

Kim

#46 9 years ago

BBBRR is happening , but kingpin would be better IMHO.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And that's the problem. From all of this will come gossip and rumors which will very quickly evolve into certainty. People will be repeating it as fact as they are true believers and wannabe's. I see people on Pinside talking out of their ass's all of the time based on nothing but a dream. For those truly in the know or wanting documentation, its amazing to watch and futile to argue.
Personally I like to make life decisions based on hard facts from credible people. Officially posted, no nonsense statements please. A gullible internet is easily mislead and I think people should be more careful in what they say and believe.
Kim

Yep. I realize it's Rick's business but as a collector uncertainty and rumor sucks. Instead of saying "one game at a time" and getting into how all games are possible makes potential buyers sit on the fence...

The whole market is driven by collectors, not operators... who would buy a Stern IM at 6k if Stern chimes in every IM thread saying "we can make more if there is a demand". Of course we all know they COULD (see TSPP) but why say that??

Then there is the argument.. we are selling to players and not collectors.. BS. We are all players AND Collectors. One of the great things about this hobby is you can close to break even when you buy and sell. Some games you lose and some you may actually break even or (god forbid) make a few bucks. If every game purchased was re-run for demand you stand to lose a thousand plus per game.. goodbye collectors and goodbye pinball. Golden goose killed.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Never? You sure about that? They have the ability to modify the existing code and PPS has stated in more than a couple of threads that a CCr would "likely" include enhanced rules.

Sure, Rick has implied/straight up said multiple times that a potential CC re-release would include "finishing" the game. But CCC is a specific thing, meaning epthegeek's project, and Rick having someone write new rules to finish the game would be a different beast, someone else's vision of how to complete the game. Whether or not it would be as good (or better) than CCC would have to be seen. You'd have to buy the game based on those merits, not CCC, since CCC isn't compatible with the new hardware ala MMr.

Quoted from JoeJet:

Yep. I realize it's Rick's business but as a collector uncertainty and rumor sucks.

That ship has sailed though, Rick doesn't have to say anything, the writing is on the wall. Does anyone really think even if he doesn't say a word that after the success of MMr (well so far, but the Stern news makes it seem pretty solid going forward too) and the obvious moves to keep building up cool projects (2.0 games etc) that more remakes aren't coming? If you're trying to move A list games that's just reality now, no matter how quiet he is.

Not that keeping the value of anyone's collection artificially high is Rick's job.

#49 9 years ago

unlikely that anyone could do a better job than epthegeek. He pretty much did a perfect job with CCC.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure, Rick has implied/straight up said multiple times.

What does "implied/straight up said" mean?

Kim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-by-williams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.