• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-05-17_at_1.53.28_PM.png
NFB1.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I just had my best game of No Fear ever! 10.8 billion with 97 jumps. I know many do not care for NF, but I have had it a few years and still love it. The speed, the adrenaline, the risk taking... It is a thriller for sure.

I say risk taking because there several shots (at least on my game) that if you blow it, it is pretty much a guaranteed drain. The jump ramp is the worst of those. If you don't make a clean shot all the way up the ramp, 95% of the time the ball flies STDM. I try to nudge as it is coming back down the ramp but that is hit or miss at best, plus if you nudge it hard enough to keep the ball out of the drain, you are risking a tilt and losing all those jump ramp bonus points.

Anyway - it's Friday night, play some pinball!!!

#2 11 years ago

No Fear is a great game. Call outs are a little lame, but the speed factor is crazy.

#3 11 years ago

I've always enjoyed No Fear virtually. Had a chance in real life, but the guy just wanted too much for the condition.

#4 11 years ago

The speed is really crazy. If you play a game of No Fear and then go to another pinball machine, it literally feels like the other game is running in slow motion.

#5 11 years ago

Damn dude, congrats My best playing it at a local arcade is 3 billion...3x that...wow!

#6 11 years ago

Well played Rik! I love NF, the kids always called it our 'challenge table' It was rare I ever got to play back to back games as anytime one person was on it someone else always ran over quickly to add another player lol. Awesome score!

#7 11 years ago

Super score. I have never got past 4 Billion even with the 3 buy in's

Still one heck of a fun game.

#8 11 years ago

7.6 billion and my fingers were toast afterwards. No Fear will always be hugely exciting to anyone that has the ability to play it. Congrats!

#9 11 years ago

Chunky score there...well done!

3 months later
#10 11 years ago

nice score, i just recently acquired my no Fear and so far highest score 1.5B fast and fun game.

#11 11 years ago

I was having another great game of No Fear the other day. When i reached Meet Your Maker, I was practicing catching balls on the flipper to focus on shooting the jump ramp. I ended up catching all four on the left flipper! I thought that was awesome, then I gave it a little blip to try and get one or two balls back in play. I guess I blipped it too much... Two balls bounced toward the drain and I tired to flip again to knock the balls away from the drain. Two balls collided and went straight down the drain - the other two went off the slings and each drained out the opposite outlanes - Game Over!!!! WTF!

Still got 7.9 Bil on that game.

I love No Fear!

#12 11 years ago

Kind of a newbie here, don't know if this vid has been around alot but this guy is the Jump Ramp master! (Not me)

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Castro28:

this guy is the Jump Ramp master! (Not me)
» YouTube video

Master of the slowest jump ramp known to man
Get some new magnets on that thing!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Castro28:

Kind of a newbie here, don't know if this vid has been around alot but this guy is the Jump Ramp master! (Not me)
» YouTube video

Great playing, but it looks like that machine may have a magnet not working on the accelerator.

#15 11 years ago

That is the way to huge points on No Fear ... if you can keep making the jump!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think mine comes around at LEAST TWICE as fast, maybe THREE times faster, than that DOG ramp

#17 11 years ago

Yes - Mine seems to be much faster also.

#18 11 years ago

He probably just disabled two of the magnets in the menu?

#19 11 years ago

You never know what the deal is. When I bought my NF, I could give this kid a run for his rubles on the Jump Ramp. I patted myself on the back and thought "just like the lat time I played."
Then when I shopped it I realized one magnet wasn't even plugged in. Assumed this was typical operator behavior to extend the life of the mag/jump ramp melt.

To me I always think magnet shannanigins when the ball doesn't increase in speed around jump ramp.

3 months later
#20 10 years ago

My best is just over 14B with MYM achieved twice. Only got around 30 jumps though. I find the key to really big scores is getting the Super Spinner lit, Raceway maxed out and then going for MB's. BIG points to be had from the loops.
I never time out modes just to get MYM as with the outlanes being so unforgiving there's always the chance of having a shocker and end up scoring next to nothing.

PS the 14B wasn't achieved on the game in the photo, that ended up at about 6b. Perhaps due to my other half being so cheesed off at having to wait for her go!

NFB1.JPGNFB1.JPG

#21 10 years ago

just to annoy my best is 26B, but here on pinside i only have my second best score.. a 16B
No Fear rocks! i love my No Fear! People call me crazy because i spent so much money restoring it, but this game drives me crazy
one of the first games after the full restore:

Screen_Shot_2013-05-17_at_1.53.28_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-05-17_at_1.53.28_PM.png

#22 10 years ago

I haven't logged much time on one because the callouts turn me away. Maybe I will have to give it some more time.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That guy is Kristian Szali from Hungary, looks like he removed himself from the world rankings but he was a top 20 player, yeah the ramp looks lame but I've seen him rack up some immense scores on many different games!

#24 10 years ago

i love my NF but i cant get scores like you guys, maybe some day

#25 10 years ago

i just sent my NF playfield out for clearcoat by HSA...

i'm scared to see how fast it plays when i reinstall it!!!!

-jon

#26 10 years ago

Sadly, I have not been playing No Fear much anymore. Since getting AC/DC, most of my flipper time is spent there. When I do get back to No Fear, impossible as it may be to think, No Fear seems slow!!! And the sound was so aweful, I had to upgrade it's speakers just to consider playing it. I still love No Fear so I know I will get back to it one of these days.

I do think the skills AC/DC are teaching me will let me rock No Fear that much better once the newness wears off of AC/DC and I start playing my other games more.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

yeah the ramp looks lame but I've seen him rack up some immense scores on many different games!

Good to know, thanks for the update. You get a top player with a lame ramp like that...better get a drink because you're not playing for awhile

#28 10 years ago

that jump ramp is super slow. if my game had a ramp like that i would take 10 hours to finish each game..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-brag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.