Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f105 (resized).png
20201202_203522 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I have been slowly rebuilding a project No Fear I got a couple of years ago, that was missing most of its mechs, boards and other most expensive parts. I am nearly finished and only have one last problem to sort out.
Fuse 105 is blowing. I have hopefully narrowed it down to the trough coil. When it isn't connected the fuse does not blow and as soon as it is connected it blows on start up. I have swapped in a spare coil and it is still blowing. I have fitted an AE-26-1500 coil, coil without a diode on it, to see what happens and it remains jammed on but the fuse doesn't blow.
I have attached a pic of the coil AE1-26-1500 showing the diode incase it is the wrong way.

The only thing I don't get is that according to the fuse list in the manual the trough's supposed to be on F104, but it's blowing F105 when triggered now. I did check the J127 connector and it does have the blue/brown wire in at pin 7 for the trough like it's supposed to.
Any help is appreciated as I'm not sure where to go from here.

20201202_203522 (resized).jpg20201202_203522 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

I had a similar issue on my NGG, which LTG gave advice on here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-blowing-fuses

Swapping out the diodes fixed it completely.

#3 3 years ago

I also had a similar problem but with f106. Here the problem was also faulty diodes (in my case d11-d14).

Good luck

#4 3 years ago

So according to the manual I should be looking at Q48 as it is the Transistor that is related to the trough coil which means the diode should be D19 for that circuit??

#5 3 years ago

I would check if these four diodes (D7, D8, D9, D10) are fine.

f105 (resized).pngf105 (resized).png
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I have been slowly rebuilding a project No Fear I got a couple of years ago, that was missing most of its mechs, boards and other most expensive parts. I am nearly finished and only have one last problem to sort out.
Fuse 105 is blowing. I have hopefully narrowed it down to the trough coil. When it isn't connected the fuse does not blow and as soon as it is connected it blows on start up. I have swapped in a spare coil and it is still blowing. I have fitted an AE-26-1500 coil, coil without a diode on it, to see what happens and it remains jammed on but the fuse doesn't blow.
I have attached a pic of the coil AE1-26-1500 showing the diode incase it is the wrong way.
The only thing I don't get is that according to the fuse list in the manual the trough's supposed to be on F104, but it's blowing F105 when triggered now. I did check the J127 connector and it does have the blue/brown wire in at pin 7 for the trough like it's supposed to.
Any help is appreciated as I'm not sure where to go from here.
[quoted image]

The diode can be attached in any manner, it matters how you attach the wires to either the banded or non banded side per the schematic

#7 3 years ago

Does the trough coil even have a diode? I thought diodes were moved to the driver board on WPC games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-blowing-fuse-f105?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.