(Topic ID: 165689)

NO Fear Ball Launch not working

By Chach81

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

On launch the ball is supposed to launch into the Lock Ball slot and It used to go in there 90%+ of the time but now it never does. The machine is perfect balanced.

I did try swapping the coil with the kick back coil as they are the same one that did not work. I also tried messing with the coil by removing some of the coil to make it stronger. This fixed the problem for maybe 15 games and now back to not launching correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to try?

thanks

Sean

#2 7 years ago

Are you sure it hits the ball in the middle?

#3 7 years ago

well it looks like it is off to the side just a tad bit but there does not seem to be a way to adjust the angle of the launcher. So I figured that is how it is supposed to be. unless I am missing something.

#4 7 years ago

Is the shooter (I think it's part A-6306-2) nice or is it beat to crap / cupped / split on the end?

#5 7 years ago

You have to take off the apron and loosen the whole piece to adjust it a bit. Put a ball in the shooter lane then push the plunger by hand and adjust it so that the plunger hits the ball right in the middle.

#6 7 years ago

ok finally got it to work. It was the fact that the shooter was shooting the ball on the right hand side. So I adjusted to be exactly in the middle and it worked for a day and then stopped again. So now I have moved it so it hits the ball on the left side and the ball angles towards the left wall. it has worked every time for 3 days. Thanks for the help

#7 7 years ago

I had the same problem. I did a quick google search and the most common problem was the ball guide just outside the shooter lane. Over time, ball contact bends it to a smaller angle. Took my off and bent it slightly and now it hits 100% of the time. Sorry, my games are folded up right now or would take a picture of it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-ball-launch-not-working?hl=chach81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.