View topic image gallery

7A9ADD3A-0595-47FE-B0E9-2D58F565FF1A.jpeg
D45CB1FC-1297-4EE4-B7B1-E7D29E4CF258 (resized).jpeg
FYA_g8AXEAI5Ez3 (resized).png
CkSye5BUkAA8s1n (resized).jpeg
CkXmqGIVAAAeZIR (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 1 year ago

Is there a ready made mod that replaces fat axel in Guns and Roses? I've seen pretty sweet packages like the Movie Footage for Jurassic Park, but didn't know if someone had done something different on Guns N Roses. Also, is there an editor of some sort for sound? Wanted to know if there was a way to replace the kickback sound on this machine.

Long story short, my boss has one and we were talking about custom machines (before you ask, we are no whales). I've seen the cool playfield prints CPR can do, and have a Pinsound on order so understand the sounds can be changed on Williams and through some work on some Sterns. We have a small bet as to whether or not this has been done or can be done on JJP machines.

Thanks!

CkXmqGIVAAAeZIR (resized).jpgCkXmqGIVAAAeZIR (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

I'll do whatever it takes to retire this ass old meme

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Is there a ready made mod that replaces fat axel in Guns and Roses? I've seen pretty sweet packages like the Movie Footage for Jurassic Park, but didn't know if someone had done something different on Guns N Roses. Also, is there an editor of some sort for sound? Wanted to know if there was a way to replace the kickback sound on this machine.
Long story short, my boss has one and we were talking about custom machines (before you ask, we are no whales). I've seen the cool playfield prints CPR can do, and have a Pinsound on order so understand the sounds can be changed on Williams and through some work on some Sterns. We have a small bet as to whether or not this has been done or can be done on JJP machines.
Thanks![quoted image]

I play my machine, I don’t stare at the video screen. That may help

Also, I have yet to see anyone mod the software on a JJP

#4 1 year ago

It's not that he's old, he doesn't look that bad on the machine, it's the lazy ass concert footage that is depressing.
I know, it's kind of a catch 22 with footage but it's just weak sauce for me.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll do whatever it takes to retire this ass old meme

Is this better?

CkSye5BUkAA8s1n (resized).jpegCkSye5BUkAA8s1n (resized).jpeg
#6 1 year ago

Did you turn on the adult video option? That removes some fat axel moments.

#7 1 year ago

Not only is that kind of criticism mean and unnecessary to Axl, it hurts people you didn't target even more

FYA_g8AXEAI5Ez3 (resized).pngFYA_g8AXEAI5Ez3 (resized).png
#8 1 year ago

Thanks![quoted image]

I’d rather remove him completely. Axl is a tool. They shoulda done a Slash special edition. He’s the only one anyone cares about, really. Axl burned all his bridges.

Quoted from frisco_melt:

Not only is that kind of criticism mean and unnecessary to Axl, it hurts people you didn't target even more
[quoted image]

Famous people have way more money than I’ll make in a dozen lifetimes, I will never care about their feelings, literally ever.
They won’t care about mine, either.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Famous people have way more money than I’ll make in a dozen lifetimes, I will never care about their feelings, literally ever.
They won’t care about mine, either.

Read the image again, it's not about hurting celebs' feelings. Even though that is also not nice.

#10 1 year ago

He don’t look fat to me

D45CB1FC-1297-4EE4-B7B1-E7D29E4CF258 (resized).jpegD45CB1FC-1297-4EE4-B7B1-E7D29E4CF258 (resized).jpeg
#11 1 year ago

This thread is off to a nice start but it’s gonna need some triggered memes and 5 guys typing “woke” as fast as they can, as much as they can.

Who wants to step up to the plate?

#12 1 year ago

Is this better?
[quoted image]

Ha see that one has some whimsy to it, the cake is just too blunt.

#13 1 year ago

It’s official - old rockers week on Pinside!

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from frisco_melt:

[quoted image]

So you're saying that I'll be famous if I start carrying a mirror around?
Who wants to shine a flashlight at me?

Also, not sure you wanna start picking on overweight folks in a pinball group.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread is off to a nice start but it’s gonna need some triggered memes and 5 guys typing “woke” as fast as they can, as much as they can.
Who wants to step up to the plate?

It’s gonna be okay, buddy!
We’ll get through this together!

7A9ADD3A-0595-47FE-B0E9-2D58F565FF1A.jpeg7A9ADD3A-0595-47FE-B0E9-2D58F565FF1A.jpeg

#16 1 year ago

You don't have to be famous, just look at the number of fatties on this site asking how to turn off the Dialed In camera

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You don't have to be famous, just look at the number of fatties on this site asking how to turn off the Dialed In camera

Hey some of us are ugly too.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Hey some of us are ugly too.

I’ve even seen some short people at pinball events !

#19 1 year ago

Compared to 80’s Coke’d Axl, he’s fat as shit. Compared to most men (especially pinsiders) in their mid 40s and 50s, he’s fit as fuck.

#20 1 year ago

Is this twitter or Pinside? I've been to pinball shows and I've been to 30ish people's houses trading pinball machines over the years. You know who I've bought pinball machines from? White well off, mostly somewhere between a healthy weight and obese men in their late 30s to early 50s, with a few healthier men in their early 60s when dealing with early Solid State A/N pins A/N pins. This group skews wealthy, with an annual estimated income in the $200,000 plus range, the vast majority seem to be happily married, and almost all own their own homes. Are we not allowed to poke fun at ourselves?

To rephrase the question in the least offensive way possible: If I were a huge Spongebob fan would it be possible to replace some of the clips in Guns and Roses with Spongebob clips? Could I work custom callouts into the pops?

The owners of the company I work for are big pinball fans and there are 3 G&R CEs floating in that group. They were asking about throwing some company callouts in their machines. I'm looking into the possibility of retheming an older pin with the CPR custom shop and Pinsound boards and/or Geeteoh boards. I was looking at doing this with the JJP even though that is above my skillset, but with dozens of programmers available in a passion project if someone had already done it the project might be doable and a fun group project.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fat-axel- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.