Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by WH20_Buzz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Setting 25 is set to on in my No Fear WPC-S (dimming) but the GI illumination stays at the same level - I suppose : max illum - (in game & even in test mode)

Suggestions ?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Setting 25 is set to on in my No Fear WPC-S (dimming) but the GI illumination stays at the same level - I suppose : max illum - (in game & even in test mode)Suggestions ?

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-s-gi-question

I had the same thing happen on my Shadow just like the poster there did, GI worked but dimming didn't. Turned out to be the LM339 chip. Mine had been working and then the dimming just quit so it was only a matter of finding what broke, not what somebody else may had futzed up before I got the game. Did your dimming work before but then quit?

#3 3 years ago

Nope, since I have the game no dimming, and now I'm fixing everything and this is part of it (not that I am expecting same effects as on a White water) but like to have all features up and running.

Where is that LM339 ? CPU card or PDB ? easy to swap and find?

#4 3 years ago

Check out the information at Pinwiki before you go too far: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#GI_Lamps_Not_Dimming

#5 3 years ago

Just to make sure, your general illumination is still bulbs correct? LEDs will not dim if you don't have a GI OCD installed. They would flicker instead of dim.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

Just to make sure, your general illumination is still bulbs correct? LEDs will not dim if you don't have a GI OCD installed. They would flicker instead of dim.

Yes LEDs will flicker with the dimming (and at max dimming even still be slightly 'on' when an incandescent would be totally 'off') but the dimming effect on them would still be very obvious if dimming circuitry is working.

#7 3 years ago

As mentioned using LEDS will effect the dimming dramatically.

It's very unlikely but U1 (74LS374) WPC 89 or U2 WPC 95 Power Driver Board could be crook. Last resort that one..It would have to be dead dead.
So yeah dont go there unless all else fails

More likely is BR 2 partial failure or U6 LM339 on Power Driver Board or even C5 and if it was my machine, all 3 would get replaced regardless.
But that's just me

I assume all the GI are behaving the same way, or just one or more sections?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-dimming-on-gi?hl=wh20_buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.