(Topic ID: 290931)

No development in Pinball since 25 years

By touchtone

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MM LZ Same (resized).jpg
    28409D23-75B6-448A-8029-6A96F116139F.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LordHumungus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Hard to talk crap about MM

No its not.
    The jokes get boring real fast and while its a good game its no where near as good as some of the stuff coming out these days. Forget where its rated, means nothing. The fact that there are any 90's B/W in the top 10 just shows how ridiculous those ratings are.

See that was easy.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yeah, how many times can one stand to be stuck thinking "man, if this was Monty Python and the Holy Grail, it would have so much more staying power"?

Sure, it proves comedy pins can work. But racy puns are only funny the first couple of times you hear them. (See: Scared Stiff)

SS is the worst. I'm huge fan of comedy but it wouldn't have mattered if it was Monty P or not. 4 me there's only a few films that would work as funny pins where as I'm not contemplating suicide after 10 games. Strange Brew comes to mind. That's another thing, keep it to real comedy with delivery from real people who are actually funny. Elvira is not funny, voice actors doing funny pin qoutes written by pinball designers is even worse.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There is still plenty of demand for the game and I think it deserves its spot in the Pinside ratings.

I agree but regardless the pinside ratings r fuckin shit.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

So in a way I could answer your question

Yeah the wrong way.

and enter the ring with JJP and Stern

JJP has even entered the ring with stern let alone AP.

LZ Pro and MM, I’d guess MM was more modern.

Until u play them of course.

CGC has now entered the ring with their own title.

They did?

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I would like all our games to be rated better too!

I don't give a shit if my pins are rated the best of all time or the worst. Seems like some pinsiders do.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Wow you must not understand how to play a lot of these games.

No I understand I have owned all of them, finished them all. Could it be that u have looked at my collection and yrs on pinside cause I used to be Hazoff. I've owned 100's of pins including all the top B/W. One thing I understand for sure is the modern games are much better all around and the 90's stuff while fun are generally pretty easy in comparison. I like them, thats what I played in my late teens early 20's. The best of my pinball years. I love to play today but those were the skipping school, getting high, arcade/poolhall/bowling alley times that will never be beat, no matter how good the games get. That being the modern stuff is better. Good day sir.

I said good day.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

My best sounding game is Cactus Canyon running a Lepy Amp with pinball pro sound and 12 inch sub. Blows all my modern sterns away!

Crap-pola

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Coming from a guy who likes deep games and owns all pro models. Lol. Pro models are great but not as deep. Sure!

Wow that is spectacularly stupid.

Not just the fact the ur looking at my collection and then passing judgement but how much deeper are Pre's and LE's than the Pro model. I use to buy nothing but LE's, and originally had a JP pre and a Maiden Pre. I happen to love system 11's and the more simple Sterns as well. I've owned many 80's Bally and Williams SStates. Enjoyed them all. Big fan of classic Stern as well. U sir are just digging urself more and more into the hole of douch-baggery and this is me being very kind.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Brha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...
    “I Think We Go A tough Guy Here!
    What a load....

The B/W fanboy, getting more rare these days but just as ridiculous and the JJP fanboy it seems, maybe more. I love it when u get the "tough guy" response.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Avengers, Deadpool or TMNT the pre or le are a different level. You said you owned SS did you master it in those two weeks? Go call us all names as you think you are brilliant by it. Hazoff suits you better.

No there not. I understand u paid more and have to defend the cost. I use to do that, sure there is more to the game in plenty of Pre/Le's but so far nothing drastic, nothing that makes it a must to upgrade. I did master SS in those 2 weeks. Its an easy game, MB same thing. Ok maybe if u remove the out lane posts and adjust the rules u can make it more of a challenge but stock? damn easy.

"Go call us all names as you think you are brilliant by it" What?

Oh and I don't read what I write I just randomly hits keys and hope its spells words. I think maybe u need to read what u write before posting. Why is "Did u master Avengers already?" in my quote. I never wrote that.

Quoted from Onwallst:

I think you should go back to your old screen name and need to go buy some newer games.

What does this mean?

I think maybe a very old person needs a nap? Good day sir.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I mean, nobody has done anything super radical in years

I think that's more due to us than anykind of manufacturer lack of innovation. I've said many times this peak is due to the 40 and 50 yr old's having money to buy games and relive our yute at home. U see the love around here for B/W games, I love them 2 and its pretty much the same designers. I can feel a difference in an Elwin game, even though theres really nothing really innovative going on, code maybe? What r they gonna do? Pinball 2000 was ok but if was really that amazing why hasn't anyone given it a try again? Here's the main thing for me anyway, I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting, except theme's but what else is new. I can't remember the name, which shows its popularity but that pin with the full screen PF and Lori Lightspeed, I don't know, that was a attempt at some change and it hasn't exactly taken the pinball world by storm.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:Go buy your new Elwin game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LordHumungus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-development-in-pinball-since-25-years?tu=LordHumungus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.