(Topic ID: 259466)

No controlled lamps on Baywatch

By ThatOneDude

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I picked up a Baywatch this week and I just finished stripping down the playfield. I noticed that the only insert that appeared to light was "light shark flip." According to the manual, I should be seeing 18V on pins 5 - 8 on CN4 on the power board. I'm getting less than 2v instead. Any ideas?

EDIT:
After reading up more, I tested pins 1 and 6. I got 13.2V there.

#2 4 years ago

ok, replaced the the rectifier with one I had sitting from a Williams, and now I'm seeing 18-19V on the 6 pin. Still no lights, though.

#3 4 years ago

Morning bump. My thought now is that the rectifier took out the lamp matrix drivers on its way out. I'm going to try replacing a few to see if it changes things. Are the any other single points of failure?

#4 4 years ago

I had a similair experience with Twister. No lamps feature, and it was due to the fact I had not tightened down tje screws on the driver board.

#5 4 years ago

Ack. When I was looking to see if the screws or connectors were loose on any boards, I realized that the inserts were flashing. Not sure what action actually fixed them, as I was staring at the backbox at the time. :/
I'm hoping it was reseating the connectors on the driver board, since anything else might reoccur randomly.
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-controlled-lamps-on-baywatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.