Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ChrisHibler
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190819_111811 (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

On my WCS94 machine the right side GI lights are out. I get continuity everywhere except the right side of the F109 fuse (with the fuse out) to the J121-8 pin. I have the connector off and the fuse out so I am testing the right side fuse terminal to the actual pin and not the pin-connector. I was hoping to get some advice on what the next steps are or where the issue may lie. When I test the F110 fuse to J121-7 I get the continuity I should so that seems to be where the issue is. TIA for any advice.

IMG_20190819_111811 (resized).jpg
#2 6 months ago
Quoted from Tantrum9:

TIA for any advice.

Reflow solder on that header pin. You probably lost through board continuity. Or run a jumper from the trace to the nub of the pin.

LTG : )

#3 6 months ago

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems

This page has coloured easy schematics of the g.i. string circuits.

check for continuity EVERYWHERE, even contacts of g.i. lamps pcbs, pdb traces etc etc.
Don't just re-flow solder if you find a problematic connection, suck all old solder first from the connection point, and then add new-fresh solder

#4 5 months ago

Pins 7/8 route from top of board to bottom of board by using the through holes for those pins. I see those pulled often when amateurs have attempted header pin replacement.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hinsdale, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside