New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 113459)

No Christmas code from Stern?

By TigerLaw

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I was keeping my fingers crossed for a TWD Christmas update. I hear they have one more big code update ready. I wonder why it wasn't released?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was keeping my fingers crossed for a TWD Christmas update. I hear they have one more big code update ready. I wonder why it wasn't released?

I was hoping for an update for SOMETHING. But we got a lump of coal instead.

#3 5 years ago

Happy New Year code update? Political correctness rearing it's head so no "Christmas" update?

Speaking of which Merry Christmas Pinside.

#4 5 years ago

Ba Hum Bug

#5 5 years ago

Shouldn't be a surprise. There was no code last year either. Patience is the name of the game with Stern code.

#6 5 years ago

Developers need a break too. No working during Christmas.

#7 5 years ago

The last christmas code present I remember should have been thrown in the fireplace.

#8 5 years ago

I wouldn't sweat them too much seeing as they're moving to a brand new facility currently.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Happy New Year code update? Political correctness rearing it's head so no "Christmas" update?
Speaking of which Merry Christmas Pinside.

I think it is politically correct to say "Christmas" if your a Christian and there is something desperately wrong when two Christians feel it "politically correct" to wish each other "Happy Holidays" at Christmas-time...

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Political correctness rearing it's head so no "Christmas" update?

Didn't Stern release a 'Lucifer' pinball last year?

#11 5 years ago

Avengers owners are having a merry Christmas.

Great for them.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Avengers owners are having a merry Christmas.
Great for them.

Yea, last year.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea, last year.

I wish they had an update for Avengers last Christmas. Instead they choose to neglect the game.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was hoping for an update for SOMETHING. But we got a lump of coal instead.

At least you have a game. Think of how the poor MMR people feel. They were expecting to have a new pinball machine under their tree.

Instead, they got another non-update update from Rick.

image.jpg

#15 5 years ago

That was weird - the Grinch song came on as soon as I posted that!

#16 5 years ago

Anyone think we will get New Year's code?

#17 5 years ago

No new Year's code.

This will cause some to lose any and all respect they've had for Stern as a company!!!

#18 5 years ago

Not holding my breathe for it. My LE is sitting all lonesome like collecting dust as I don't want to burn myself out on the game on unfinished code. I did the same with Metallica and that turned out alright.

Just the way it is and I accept that.

#19 5 years ago

Ok.
I'm offering my ac/dc cannon mode inserts . They are useless for me.

I hoped for an update, because ac/dc released the new album and the tickets for the tour are on sales now.
But.. nothing.
Thank you for taking my money.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Ok.
I'm offering my ac/dc cannon mode inserts . They are useless for me.
I hoped for an update, because ac/dc released the new album and the tickets for the tour are on sales now.
But.. nothing.
Thank you for taking my money.

Acdc software is fantastic - some of the best software ever written for a pinball machine. Find something less ridiculous to complain about.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Acdc software is fantastic - some of the best software ever written for a pinball machine. Find something less ridiculous to complain about.

Not once have I ever heard anyone say that they completed ACDC and needed deeper code.
: )

#22 5 years ago

Still wouldn't mind Live Mode in-game so that we can actually play with the extra hour of live concert music that's already in the game to begin with. Beyond that, I'd say the code is good enough.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Not once have I ever heard anyone say that they completed ACDC and needed deeper code.
: )

The game lacks attainable mid-range goals, not necessarily end game code. I'm confident there will be another update.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I get what you are saying but Stern has preconditioned us to think that machines are good enough when the fact of the matter is Lyman specifically said the game is not finished so just like the 80 other games that need updates I won't be happy till they finish the code like they should. Stern is making money hand over fist the least they could do is hire some more programmers to finish these games.

Also just because you like the code on a great game does not mean it is finished no matter how ridiculous you think it is. I'm sure many ACDC owners would like to have their game finished the way Lyman intended.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Agreed, but it's kinda like a great looking women - with an even better personality - with visible breast augmentation scars. They do detract.

ACDC needs a little help yet. Lower playfield doesn't really even have rules as far as I can tell. Hit the targets and score some points is all Lyman intended? Maybe, but seems lacking.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I get what you are saying but Stern has preconditioned us to think that machines are good enough when the fact of the matter is Lyman specifically said the game is not finished so just like the 80 other games that need updates I won't be happy till they finish the code like they should. Stern is making money hand over fist the least they could do is hire some more programmers to finish these games.
Also just because you like the code on a great game does not mean it is finished no matter how ridiculous you think it is. I'm sure many ACDC owners would like to have their game finished the way Lyman intended.

The way Lyman works though is he codes then plays the game a lot. While playing he gets more ideas and writes them down creating a list. If you ask him, there is always a list. And since he owns a lot of these games he can keep working on them on his spare time both adding to the game and adding more ideas to his todo list for the game. That doesn't make the game unfinished. It just means more can be done. I'm sure acdc can be improved. But it definitely does not need a code update. Nor should the game be considered incomplete. Further, it's likely that Lyman decided not to use the canon inserts that Steve Ritchie put in. It's obvious that the game designer had one idea while the software dev had another. VIP pass is a good example of one of the most valuable game features that was obviously conceived of by Lyman as there is no playfield indicator that it would exist otherwise.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside