(Topic ID: 348773)

No Chance Pinball Themes

By MiniPinHead

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0961 (resized).jpeg
    fingers-crossed2.gif
    FE-poster small (resized).jpg
    Pic (resized).jpg
    IMG_5161.gif
    IMG_0572 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0183 (resized).png
    Night-Swim-Poster (resized).jpg
    vlcsnap-2023-10-09-13h55m30s749 (resized).png
    eyWICPcxOuTcDDDbTMOZawoOn8d (resized).jpg
    MV5BMTUyMWQ0N2ItMDAzOS00OGNlLTgxNDctZTczMzU1YzljNDlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_QL75_UX280_CR0,13,280,414_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_4547.gif
    IMG_5481 (resized).jpeg
    titanic-20180-7082 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4381.gif
    DE6D6264-60BE-4A61-A8B5-152B6A64B08A (resized).jpeg
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 7 months ago
    Quoted from WestCoastAussie:

The legs would need to be something special wouldn't they? Hopefully it comes with mute on out of the factory.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from chad:

You're gonna need a Hercules sized cabinet that that entity.

Don't be so harsh, she's got a lot on her plate these days.

#152 7 months ago

Ancient aliens

#153 7 months ago

A Webster's Dictionary Pin

#154 7 months ago
    0004086911_10 (resized).jpg0004086911_10 (resized).jpg
    #155 7 months ago

Joe dirt

#156 7 months ago
    Quoted from Yngwie36:

Adventure Time
    Mortal Kombat
    Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal
    All themes with plenty of material to execute a great pin.

As far as Mortal Kombat goes, at least you've got the Fatality scene in CFTBL!

CFTBLFatality (resized).PNGCFTBLFatality (resized).PNG
    #157 7 months ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Don't be so harsh, she's got a lot on her plate these days.

lfk517ds8d7a1 (resized).jpglfk517ds8d7a1 (resized).jpg
    #158 7 months ago

Bad Santa

-Booze
    -Robbery
    -Advent Calendar

Plenty of transferable content to a pin

#159 7 months ago

Chappelle Show

#160 7 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Bad Santa
    -Booze
    -Robbery
    -Advent Calendar
    Plenty of transferable content to a pin

LOL Robbery!!! I would be all over that hahaha

I've watched about 400 old episodes of COPS in the last 3-4 months (literally) so I'm totally prepared for that one haha

#161 7 months ago

Miami Vice - soundtrack would be killer

#163 7 months ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Acoustic Bob Dylan
    Simon & Garfunkel
    Beyonce
    Rhianna
    Karol G
    Taylor Swift
    STAR BLAZERS
    Nausicaa
    Princess Mononoke
    Anything Ghibli
    Brotherhood of the Wolf
    Stander
    Tropic Thunder
    Superbad
    Tantric Meditation
    Yin-Yang
    Civil War 2024
    [quoted image]

Star Blazers is a classic. I gave season one DVD box set to my best friends teenage son for Christmas. He went to college a few years later half way across the country. I asked my friend what his son took with him when they dropped him off at school. He said not very much But he did pack that DVD box set you gave him.

IMG_2442 (resized).jpegIMG_2442 (resized).jpeg
    #164 7 months ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Boys from the Dwarf!!
    [quoted image]

Oh SCHMEGGING HELL.

Rimmer approves.

#165 7 months ago
    Blade_movie (resized).jpgBlade_movie (resized).jpg
    #166 7 months ago

As much as I love the show, it'd make a crap pinball game.

31497629138974 (resized).jpg31497629138974 (resized).jpg
    #167 7 months ago
    IMG_9872 (resized).jpegIMG_9872 (resized).jpeg
    #168 7 months ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

Escape from New York

My fucking dream theme.

#170 7 months ago

09A3CA48-A0B5-4281-8E09-48586BCCC1B5 (resized).jpeg09A3CA48-A0B5-4281-8E09-48586BCCC1B5 (resized).jpeg

DE6D6264-60BE-4A61-A8B5-152B6A64B08A (resized).jpegDE6D6264-60BE-4A61-A8B5-152B6A64B08A (resized).jpeg
    #171 7 months ago

Merry Christmas, everybody! National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story would both make fine pins.

#172 7 months ago

How about Gremlins?

GremlinsGremlins

Merry Christmas!

#173 6 months ago

Brokeback Mountain

#174 6 months ago

Yellowstone

#175 6 months ago

Mr Bean

Red Green Show

#176 6 months ago
    Quoted from Pyromedic:

Flash Gordon!
    Totally deserves a modern remake. The screen moments, call outs, music by Queen. "Hawkmen, DIIIIIIVE!!!!!!

“Flying blind on a rocket cycle?” Great movie!!

#177 6 months ago

The Black and White Minstrel Show.

#178 6 months ago

I'm not going to say it's a no chance pin, but I'd be genuinely shocked if it ever gets made. But I'd love to get Resident Evil pin based on the first 3 games and Code Veronica. I don't think Capcom will ever lend their IPs out for pinball again after what happened during the 90s.

#179 6 months ago

Hitler's Final Solution
    9/11
    The Grassy Knoll
    Titanic
    Tsunami

#180 6 months ago
    Quoted from hypnotoad:

Hitler's Final Solution
    9/11
    The Grassy Knoll
    Titanic
    Tsunami

Titanic could actually be kind of cool. And heck, Stern already made the Titanic redemption game...

titanic-20180-7082 (resized).jpgtitanic-20180-7082 (resized).jpg
    #181 6 months ago

a machine based on an incredible theme of puns...

#182 6 months ago

The Kardashians Plastic Surgery Wonderland

#183 6 months ago
    Quoted from bane:

[quoted image]

The things I would do to have a slap shot themed pin, you would need to have first thing to play after hitting start is the national anthem scene after the brawl.
    they brought they’re fucking toys mode”
    “trade me right fucking now”
    Dave’s a killer
    Have a pop target/bash toy like MM, “…. Make him piss himself”

Reno 911

#184 6 months ago

Chernobyl

#185 6 months ago
    IMG_5481 (resized).jpegIMG_5481 (resized).jpeg
    #186 6 months ago

deep throat

#187 6 months ago

GG Allin and The Murder Junkies music pin.

#188 6 months ago

Haha, yeah Watergate would be an awful pinball game........oh, wait...

#189 6 months ago

Forget Sonic Spinball (as great as it was).

SonicSonic

How about Sonic Pinball?

#190 6 months ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Grateful Dead.
    I'm a die hard deadhead but never have figured out how they'd translate into pinball. Maybe the ball saver could last 15 minutes so you'd have one ball that went on forever. A taper section. A spinner section. Let Phil sing mode. Keep Jerry from passing out mode.
    Maybe there are some possibilities....

I feel like with the catalog, venue history, and fan culture, there are a ton of ways to make it fun for people into it. You could be a fan traveling to specific shows, a summer tour, or to notorious venues. I can think of a handful simply on the parking lot scene haha. Looking for a miracle, grabbing a burrito, fixing your bus, I lost/found my dog, getting into the show, go to the Phil zone? Obviously not that, but there are many possibilities. Traveling from 65-95 through the history or eras, mods like the wall of sound or Franklin's Tower. It's honestly hard for me to stop thinking of things. Plus so many lyrics to use as call outs.

As far as the post, it seems the GD license is passed around and abused these days. I see the most random products being sold with the GD license, so I can't imagine it would be cost prohibitive, depending on the use or whatever. I know most pinsiders don't give a shit about the Grateful Dead and others actively hate them, which is fine. As far as marketability, the fans they have are dedicated enough to buy home machines even if they aren't already into pinball. As far as public use, check out how many Grateful Dead tribute bands are out there. Any given night there are 5-10 tribute bands booking gigs in multiple venues in the US, not to mention some entirely dedicated Grateful Dead bars.

http://www.gratefuldeadtributebands.com/list_bandform.php?showlist=Y&sortbyname=Y

And to compare, here are some other Stern games, which I doubt are as up to date as I imagine the GD site is which again shows the dedication.

https://www.kissfanshop.de/TributeBands/TributeBandsenglisch.htm

https://rushvault.com/2011/11/04/are-there-really-261-rush-tribute-bands/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:The_Beatles_tribute_bands

I'm sure it wouldn't make as much as other band themed games in pinball bars, but as far as selling machines from the factory I bet it would do pretty well.

#191 6 months ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

Dukes of hazzard
    Threes company
    Seinfeld
    King kong 1976
    Michael jackson
    Vacation movie

With how awesomely bad the Moonwalker Arcade is I kind of wish there was a pin.

Also, isn't there a Vacation pinball? Vacation America? Definitely wasn't licensed but seems loosely based.

#192 6 months ago

The Kentucky Fried Movie

#193 6 months ago
    Quoted from tylery85:

I feel like with the catalog, venue history, and fan culture, there are a ton of ways to make it fun for people into it. You could be a fan traveling to specific shows, a summer tour, or to notorious venues. I can think of a handful simply on the parking lot scene haha. Looking for a miracle, grabbing a burrito, fixing your bus, I lost/found my dog, getting into the show, go to the Phil zone? Obviously not that, but there are many possibilities. Traveling from 65-95 through the history or eras, mods like the wall of sound or Franklin's Tower. It's honestly hard for me to stop thinking of things. Plus so many lyrics to use as call outs.
    As far as the post, it seems the GD license is passed around and abused these days. I see the most random products being sold with the GD license, so I can't imagine it would be cost prohibitive, depending on the use or whatever. I know most pinsiders don't give a shit about the Grateful Dead and others actively hate them, which is fine. As far as marketability, the fans they have are dedicated enough to buy home machines even if they aren't already into pinball. As far as public use, check out how many Grateful Dead tribute bands are out there. Any given night there are 5-10 tribute bands booking gigs in multiple venues in the US, not to mention some entirely dedicated Grateful Dead bars.
    http://www.gratefuldeadtributebands.com/list_bandform.php?showlist=Y&sortbyname=Y
    And to compare, here are some other Stern games, which I doubt are as up to date as I imagine the GD site is which again shows the dedication.
    https://www.kissfanshop.de/TributeBands/TributeBandsenglisch.htm
    https://rushvault.com/2011/11/04/are-there-really-261-rush-tribute-bands/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:The_Beatles_tribute_bands
    I'm sure it wouldn't make as much as other band themed games in pinball bars, but as far as selling machines from the factory I bet it would do pretty well.

I actively hate them! Please God no!! If you must tho, gotta be a parking lot mode where you put in extra quarters and get nothing in return, or a balloon filled with fake nitrous "hippie crack" , man we used to go to the dead shows and just mess with people so hard, just a gaggle of losers " free acid....8 bucks"
    Also, tribute bands, really? Ever been to any tribute band show? Just the worst, awful, awful shows, every one.
    Thankfully a GD pin would never happen.
    If you want pinball/dead crossover, just go to Dan Fontes's place, full pinball arcade in Jerry Garcia's old tie shop, you can play pinball where Jerry made horrible ties! Cool.
    B

#195 6 months ago
    MV5BMTUyMWQ0N2ItMDAzOS00OGNlLTgxNDctZTczMzU1YzljNDlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_QL75_UX280_CR0,13,280,414_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTUyMWQ0N2ItMDAzOS00OGNlLTgxNDctZTczMzU1YzljNDlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_QL75_UX280_CR0,13,280,414_ (resized).jpg
    #196 6 months ago
    eyWICPcxOuTcDDDbTMOZawoOn8d (resized).jpgeyWICPcxOuTcDDDbTMOZawoOn8d (resized).jpg
    #197 6 months ago

The Honeymooners!

Shoot The Ball Into "My Big Mouth"

Bang Zoom Mode

To The Moon Multiball

Baby You're The Greatest Wizard Mode

(Norton actually blowing it up)

vlcsnap-2023-10-09-13h55m30s749 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2023-10-09-13h55m30s749 (resized).png
    #198 6 months ago

Dodgeball

#199 6 months ago

Glen Campbell. Elton John is probably the closest I'll ever see. Even though it's an Otis Redding tune I like the GC version better. So I'll just be over here sittin' on the dock of the bay wastin' time.

#200 6 months ago

the worst movie of the year!

Night-Swim-Poster (resized).jpgNight-Swim-Poster (resized).jpg
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.