Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SkillShot
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A94B0A2A-7DEA-42CD-8D8F-138949B6AFFF (resized).jpeg
    E49E2298-1F09-490A-A575-CAEC1AC17084 (resized).jpeg
    25DBB4C4-4318-450F-A34F-86DE8853A4D1 (resized).jpeg
    2019-05-02 21_25_55-Battlestar Galactica - NBC.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    homemade-jumanji-game (resized).jpg
    download (resized).png
    Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show-Lips_1438789042_crop_550x299 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ufo.jpg
    uf04.jpg
    ufo3 (resized).jpg
    ufo2 (resized).jpg
    ufo1 (resized).jpg
    380366F4-6EB5-4CA3-BDBA-282A0FE8231C (resized).jpeg
    3D106AD6-1B12-4A75-9FC2-7C727AD5CDCE (resized).jpeg
    There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Tons of great characters, quotes and music to pull from on these.
    The Office
    Seinfeld
    Caddyshack
    Animal House
    Tombstone
    The Blues Brothers
    Big Trouble in Little China
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There's a reason why you don't see too many comedies turn into pinball themes.

They are bad for pinball themes.

#102 5 years ago

The Amazing World of Gumball - Hilarious cartoon with tons of great characters and source material to pull from. Get some of the show writers on board and it could have some of the funniest callouts in pinball.

Pokemon - I'm not even a Pokemon fan, but it's undeniable that it's huge and loved by people of all ages. The game's concepts of catching Pokemon and making teams to fight with could also lend itself to a unique ruleset. Imagine if each Pokemon had a small perk, and if you could evolve them to increase the effects of their perk. Another idea could be to have catchable Pokemon appear on the playfield via a hologram (Like Dialed-In) with a magnet below. Then, when catching Pokemon, you would shoot the ball at the hologram, the ball would be held below it by the magnet, and an animation making it look like the Pokemon is getting sucked into the pinball (Like a Pokeball) could play. Could be really cool. Plus, Pokemon Pinball has been done before on Game Boy and Game Boy Advance. It worked really well there, don't see why it couldn't be even better IRL.

Donkey Kong Country - This isn't really a no-brainer, but I'd love it. Get David Wise to do the music and we'd probably end up with one of the best pinball soundtracks in a while. The series' mechanics also lend itself well to pinball, particularly the barrels, which could be used as cannons.

Chicken Run - Again, not really a no-brainer, but I love the movie and there's some great potential for cool toys from the film. Plus there is a sequel in the works, so the release of that film would be the best possible time to release a game with the theme. Oh, and again, great music. The Chicken Run soundtrack is seriously underrated!

As for My Little Pony, while it will certainly never happen (And wouldn't sell well if it did) since almost no-one in the market watches the show, it would still make for a great pinball game. No, I'm not a brony, but the current show is on par with all the other great cartoons out there, and is just as enjoyable by both kids and adults as Spongebob or Gumball. Keep in mind, only the current show is. The older stuff is terrible. The current show also has multiple story arcs that would make for great rulesets (Collecting all of the elements of harmony or defeating all of the shows villains, for example), and as mentioned I'm sure some of the show's voice actors would be more than happy to do custom callouts for the game.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm confused. How is my little pony for younger boys? Why do dudes keep saying this? Do parents these days actually encourage their sons to watch little girl shows and buy them little plastic pink ponies? Are they literally trying to raise Bronies?

It's actually not a bad show. As a father of two daughters I've probably watched every episode.
    But to try to answer you comment. My two young nephews also love the show. Or if you were raised with a sister, chances are you'll probably and up watching the show also. But will agree it's more generated to girls.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's a reason why you don't see too many comedies turn into pinball themes.
    They are bad for pinball themes.

I think you said Speed Racer would have been a great pinball theme on RGP about a decade ago. You also sort of panned my idea for a Tron theme so what do I know?

#105 5 years ago

Jurassic world

Stranger things

Goonies

A team

Fraggle rock

He Man

Knightrider

Tesla (not the car)

#106 5 years ago

Good cartoon titles:
    Johnny Quest
    Scooby Doo
    Adventure time
    Samurai Jack
    Super Jail
    Mr. Bean
    Gravity Falls
    The Regular Show

#107 5 years ago

GI Joe would be a great.

Five Nights at Freddy's (PC game) would be a good horror theme also.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #108 5 years ago
    Quoted from tadowhere:

Fast-n-the-Furious!

Done!

Fast and Furious (resized).jpegFast and Furious (resized).jpeg
    #109 5 years ago

Tour de France - Could have lots of cool levels/modes based on diff stages
    NCAA March Madness - implementation of brackets/Sweet16/Final4
    The Life Aquatic - I'm a huge W.A. fan but who wouldn't love Murray/Submarines/Research yacht/Jaguar Shark
    The Abyss - Speaks for itself
    Mission Impossible - 66-73 Series

#110 5 years ago

I almost forgot, for those older kids like myself, "Kolchack: The Night Stalker"!!!!!

#111 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/wrath-of-olympus

Good luck getting your hands on one though.

#112 5 years ago

Planet of the Apes
    Goonies
    Bladerunner
    The Incredibles
    Jaws
    The Thing
    Toy Story
    Back to the Future
    E.T.
    Fast and the Furious
    Hunger Games

#113 5 years ago

No brainer......
    abc (resized).jpgabc (resized).jpg

#114 5 years ago

Volkswagen Beetle, all years.

#115 5 years ago

Super Chicken !

LTG : )

#116 5 years ago

Not that I think it'd make a good pin, I just want to see all the sweeping LED mods!!

Knight Rider (resized).jpgKnight Rider (resized).jpg
    #117 5 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

young Frankenstein

Young Frankenstein would be awesome! I would love to see a black and white playfield, kind of like what Stern did for one of the versions of Munsters, only this would be a far better theme for me.

Putting on the Ritz multiball

A "Put the candle back" rotating door ball lock

Frau Blucher horse whines when you hit a certain target

Etc. etc.

#118 5 years ago

SpaceX
    - Launch Falcon -> Stage -> Land Booster -> Deploy Payload
    - Launch F.Heavy -> Stage -> Land Boosters -> Land Booster -> Deploy Payload
    - Re-use of Recovered Boosters
    - Dock w/Station -> Return
    - Land on Mars -> Return (when, if they accomplish the BFR)

If Elon was making pinball machines instead of roadsters, we'd have a Pinball Playing Astronaut orbiting our sun.

#119 5 years ago

I think there is absolutely no doubt that the best Pinball themes would be
    The blues brothers
    Pink Floyd
    Caddy shack
    The nightmare before Christmas
    And the absolute best possible and number one selling pinball machine of all time....
    Original movie of course!

7672BD63-8B82-4F17-9FAF-AF6D2D8FD8C6 (resized).jpeg7672BD63-8B82-4F17-9FAF-AF6D2D8FD8C6 (resized).jpeg

#120 5 years ago

I'm drawn to projects with great music and Blade Runner was always a top choice for me.

#121 5 years ago

night at the museum would allow AP to carry on with their monkey business.

#122 5 years ago

Zombieland

Like others have said: Rush and War of the Worlds (original)...would get my votes too.

#123 5 years ago

Beastie Boys

#124 5 years ago

Braveheart
    Die Hard
    Harry Potter
    Incredibles
    Matrix
    Jurassic World
    Scarface
    Black Hawk Down
    Gladiator with Russell Crow
    Backdraft
    Jason Bourne
    The A-Team
    Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Video Game Themes:
    Metal Gear Solid
    Uncharted
    The Last of Us
    Assassins creed

#125 5 years ago
    piperdavid (resized).jpgpiperdavid (resized).jpg
    #126 5 years ago

Phineas and Ferb

#128 5 years ago

WuTang Clan would be huge

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

very surprised this wasn't one of the first ones mentioned...
    [quoted image]

I did. See page 1 my man

#130 5 years ago

Rush music pin!!!!

#131 5 years ago
    6369D8F1-9E44-456A-B302-97086BF25471.gif6369D8F1-9E44-456A-B302-97086BF25471.gif
    #132 5 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Supposedly this is in the works by The PInball Company.

God I hope not, they butchered a Hanna Barbera classic already. System 11's have more depth. I'd rather see Stern make it, and that's saying something.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

NHL, with LEs for a few of the biggest teams. I’m not a hockey fan at all, but seems like it could be a good game with the proper theme integration, a la WCS94.

Been wanting this for awhile, and also suggested someone redo a WCS94 to NHL game. Others always tell me an NHL would sell well but I want it especially made someday.

#134 5 years ago

Castelvania.

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Led zeppelin
    Queen
    Blade runner
    Mad max
    Goonies
    Jaws
    Nightmare before Christmas
    Matrix
    Predator: from a legit company
    The thing
    Halloween
    Motorhead
    Pink floyd
    Rambo
    The good the bad and the ugly.

Yes Motorhead.

#136 5 years ago

The Last Starfighter, I believe someone is or was making one game in a thread on here but gone quiet. Also maybe a horror franchise of all the main characters from movies like Chucky, Helllraiser, Helloween, Friday the 13th, etc.

#137 5 years ago
    513qta1gFCL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_ (resized).jpg513qta1gFCL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_ (resized).jpgBone_Issue_1 (resized).jpgBone_Issue_1 (resized).jpgad8927580802064c40f17be59b0f193c_xl (resized).jpgad8927580802064c40f17be59b0f193c_xl (resized).jpg
    #138 5 years ago

So far in this thread there have been 9 themes with over 10 up votes. These seem to be the most popular themes right now.

Stranger things
    Futurama
    Mad max
    NHL
    Beavis and butthead
    Zelda
    Blade runner
    Rush
    The princess bride

#139 5 years ago

So many good ideas here. Blade Runner, Logan's Run, Ren & Stimpy & Zelda top my list out of the themes already mentioned. One other that I haven't seen anyone propose, but has been on my mind a lot would be the Cold War. Seems like a lot you could do and be somewhat of a history lesson as well. Playfield would consist of streets of East/West Berlin and backglass could be Graffitti on the Berlin Wall or some nice propaganda styled artwork.

Modes could include:
    Checkpoint Charlie
    Berlin Airlift
    The Wall
    The Bomb
    Fortress Europe
    Cuban Missile Crisis
    Mutually Assured Destruction
    Space Race

Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall!

#140 5 years ago
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #142 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinFun:

Laughing and playing pinball at the same time. A winning combination!
    [quoted image]

"3 stooges"
    might be very cool in b&w

#143 5 years ago

This would be a licensing nightmare, but what about a Super smash type of "pick your own character" pin. Granted you weed out a lot of the no names at the beginning, but characters like Link, Mario, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Yoshi, ect. You can play the game and acquire certain "achievements" and unlock other characters to use. The premise of the game would essentially be like a champion pub type theme where you build stamina, and "battle" once your stamina is high enough. Also what could make this concept substantially better would be every character would have their own theme/land built in the software to play on the screen so you again can hit certain shots to acquire stamina, achievements to unlock modes, characters, items for (battle mode) ect. I think this concept would undeniably be a home-run, and could change pinball forever considering there's no "story mode", or reward system in any game to date.

To add to that, then maybe we can bring online possibilities into play and maybe to head to head play over wifi. or even a link system like NBA Fastbreak

#144 5 years ago

Earthworm Jim

EWJ (resized).jpgEWJ (resized).jpg
    #145 5 years ago

One of the most intense action packed shows I’ve ever seen. I think this could be a crazy pin. Two seasons available on Netflix, if you haven’t seen it, definitely check it out.
    962120F8-3FD4-4F2F-8825-2722C910959A (resized).jpeg962120F8-3FD4-4F2F-8825-2722C910959A (resized).jpeg

#146 5 years ago

Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote

road_102 (resized).jpgroad_102 (resized).jpg
    #147 5 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Big Trouble in Little China.

You mean that isn't the production translite for the game?

#148 5 years ago

Has The Phantom been done ? (Not of the Opera)

Comic style -

15AD05A4-1358-4745-A3FB-75E5CAC79378 (resized).jpeg15AD05A4-1358-4745-A3FB-75E5CAC79378 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #149 5 years ago

LMFAO

2BB96CC9-D609-4AAA-9334-4382C9330BAE (resized).jpeg2BB96CC9-D609-4AAA-9334-4382C9330BAE (resized).jpeg
    #150 5 years ago
    rick and morty (resized).pngrick and morty (resized).png
    There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-brainer-themes-that-haven-t-been-made-yet/page/3?hl=stupidjackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.