Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SkillShot
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A94B0A2A-7DEA-42CD-8D8F-138949B6AFFF (resized).jpeg
    E49E2298-1F09-490A-A575-CAEC1AC17084 (resized).jpeg
    25DBB4C4-4318-450F-A34F-86DE8853A4D1 (resized).jpeg
    2019-05-02 21_25_55-Battlestar Galactica - NBC.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    homemade-jumanji-game (resized).jpg
    download (resized).png
    Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show-Lips_1438789042_crop_550x299 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ufo.jpg
    uf04.jpg
    ufo3 (resized).jpg
    ufo2 (resized).jpg
    ufo1 (resized).jpg
    380366F4-6EB5-4CA3-BDBA-282A0FE8231C (resized).jpeg
    3D106AD6-1B12-4A75-9FC2-7C727AD5CDCE (resized).jpeg
    There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 5 years ago

For all those that are saying "Top Gun", I feel like it's been done already with F-14 Tomcat and Gold Wings.

#52 5 years ago

Tons of great characters, quotes and music to pull from on these.

The Office
    Seinfeld
    Caddyshack
    Animal House
    Tombstone
    The Blues Brothers
    Big Trouble in Little China

The-office-1014x570 (resized).jpgThe-office-1014x570 (resized).jpgoEkQTh7YgJObJNeblOKXVLRVSav (resized).jpgoEkQTh7YgJObJNeblOKXVLRVSav (resized).jpgseinfeld-watching-recommendation-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v7 (resized).jpgseinfeld-watching-recommendation-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v7 (resized).jpganimal_house (resized).jpganimal_house (resized).jpg206776-tombstone-tombstone-wallpaper (resized).jpg206776-tombstone-tombstone-wallpaper (resized).jpgthe-blues-brothers (resized).pngthe-blues-brothers (resized).png49587737_738615076512653_5842720325174820864_o0_3746cbdf-5056-a348-3af8144be2f1e0b8 (resized).jpg49587737_738615076512653_5842720325174820864_o0_3746cbdf-5056-a348-3af8144be2f1e0b8 (resized).jpg

#53 5 years ago

I personally believe almost any movie from Mel Brooks would absolutely kill as a pin. MM is number one because of the design etc but also the humor. The call out potential would be endless.. Spaceballs, young Frankenstein, men in tights, blazing saddles etc.

pin1 (resized).jpgpin1 (resized).jpgpin2 (resized).pngpin2 (resized).png

#54 5 years ago

MONTY PYTHON and the HOLY GRAIL!!...Black Knight bash toy, Holy Hand Grenade multi-ball...the Troll, the French Castle, the Trojan Rabbit, the Convent...etc.

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-movie-poster-1975-1020465239 (resized).jpgmonty-python-and-the-holy-grail-movie-poster-1975-1020465239 (resized).jpg
    #55 5 years ago
    Quoted from PSchwisow:

I am not a brony. My youngest son was into MLP when he was in preschool, and I watched enough with him to know what the show is like. I just want to see games that have color (not dark plus blinding strobes) and fun artwork and are family-friendly.

I get your point, but I don't think my little pony is appealing to most adults. Themes like wreck it ralph and SpongeBob would equally appeal to kids and adults as kids love the show and adults/parents tend to pickup on subtle jokes not intended for children (similar to why parents liked Shrek so much). If a major manufacturer were to make a kid friendly theme, they are most likely going for something that would appeal to both kids and adults.

#56 5 years ago

Married with children

ew-com-1 (resized).jpgew-com-1 (resized).jpg
    #57 5 years ago
    Grateful_Dead_-_Steal_Your_Face.jpgGrateful_Dead_-_Steal_Your_Face.jpg
    #58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

My wife and daughter would want this pin.

Wait, is that first ballot Hall of Famer Lori Loughlin in the background???

Ok, I'm in.

#59 5 years ago

My #1.......MOTU... the art is cool, audio is super amazing, and the story line is perfect.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
    #60 5 years ago

Led zeppelin
    Queen
    Blade runner
    Mad max
    Goonies
    Jaws
    Nightmare before Christmas
    Matrix
    Predator: from a legit company
    The thing
    Halloween
    Motorhead
    Pink floyd
    Rambo
    The good the bad and the ugly.

#61 5 years ago

Metroid Prime

#62 5 years ago

Diners Drive Ins and Dives

Complete each major city by hitting the "Three Ds" and then bashing the gravy stained goutee of the self proclaimed "Mayor of FlavorTown" until his mouth opens up for the final shot.
    Completing this causes the sunglasses to fall off the backboard revealing a constant blinding array of 20SMD ultra bright LEDS until you are able to shoot the handmade fettuccine ramp.
    Once all cities have been visited, and their respective Diner, Drive In, and Dive bested - the final wizard mode will be unlocked where you will fight the mayor to the death.
    So be sure not to drain your ball into the "Nacho Cheese Pit" or "Flip flops near the Deep Fryer" traps that Guy has left haphazardly all over the playfield,
    because winning will net you rewards such as:
    #The Mayor's own infamous Triple D Camaro
    #Your own show on the Food network
    #Free tribal tattoos for life
    #3 Free hair bleaching treatments

### Game Editions###

Pro - Base game, - 3 day warranty

Premium - Flip Flop Flippers, Tribal Tattooed Cabinet Side Art, Spinning Pulled Pork Nacho Plate Magnets - 3 week warranty

LE - Flip Flop Flippers, Frosted Tipped Topper, French Fry Legs, Spinning Pulled Pork Nacho Plate Magnets, Real Bowling Shirt Cabinet sides, Oakley Brand Sunglasses - 3 month warranty

guy1 (resized).JPGguy1 (resized).JPGguy2 (resized).JPGguy2 (resized).JPG
    #63 5 years ago
    Quoted from PSchwisow:

My Little Pony
    I'm serious. We need more family-friendly games. The show is still in production, so it wouldn't be too hard to get the voice actors to do the callouts and you could get the actual artists to collaborate on the artwork.

Agreed 100%!! People need to get over their selfishness. Pinball needs to open up to more then just us older groups. Sure I can throw out a dozen themes I want but none are going to attract younger players. If they made a MLP that was the size of the Pin but had a coin door for ops to put on location. It would be good starting point for younger boys and girls to try out Pinball.

#64 5 years ago
    13oclock_moviereview_evildead-01 (resized).jpg13oclock_moviereview_evildead-01 (resized).jpg
    #65 5 years ago
    F1DD75F4-E3C7-4D8E-A6CF-1BBC49FD404A (resized).jpegF1DD75F4-E3C7-4D8E-A6CF-1BBC49FD404A (resized).jpeg
    #66 5 years ago

very surprised this wasn't one of the first ones mentioned...

rick and morty (resized).jpgrick and morty (resized).jpg
    #67 5 years ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

Diners Drive Ins and Dives
    Complete each major city by hitting the "Three Ds" and then bashing the gravy stained goutee of the self proclaimed "Mayor of FlavorTown" until his mouth opens up for the final shot.
    Completing this causes the sunglasses to fall off the backboard revealing a constant blinding array of 20SMD ultra bright LEDS until you are able to shoot the handmade fettuccine ramp.
    Once all cities have been visited, and their respective Diner, Drive In, and Dive bested - the final wizard mode will be unlocked where you will fight the mayor to the death.
    So be sure not to drain your ball into the "Nacho Cheese Pit" or "Flip flops near the Deep Fryer" traps that Guy has left haphazardly all over the playfield,
    because winning will net you rewards such as:
    #The Mayor's own infamous Triple D Camaro
    #Your own show on the Food network
    #Free tribal tattoos for life
    #3 Free hair bleaching treatments
    ### Game Editions###
    Pro - Base game, - 3 day warranty
    Premium - Flip Flop Flippers, Tribal Tattooed Cabinet Side Art, Spinning Pulled Pork Nacho Plate Magnets - 3 week warranty
    LE - Flip Flop Flippers, Frosted Tipped Topper, French Fry Legs, Spinning Pulled Pork Nacho Plate Magnets, Real Bowling Shirt Cabinet sides, Oakley Brand Sunglasses - 3 month warranty[quoted image][quoted image]

guy (resized).jpegguy (resized).jpeg
    #68 5 years ago

The Big Bang Theory
    Stranger Things
    Strange Brew
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Elf
    The Warriors
    Death Race
    Foo Fighters
    Star Blazers (aka Space Battleship Yamato)
    and for the love of god...a legit company please pick up the production and continue The Big Lebowski!

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from PromoJoe23:

The Big Bang Theory

If they make this one I quit pinball.

#70 5 years ago

SONS OF ANARCHY

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Agreed 100%!! People need to get over their selfishness. Pinball needs to open up to more then just us older groups. Sure I can throw out a dozen themes I want but none are going to attract younger players. If they made a MLP that was the size of the Pin but had a coin door for ops to put on location. It would be good starting point for younger boys and girls to try out Pinball.

I'm confused. How is my little pony for younger boys? Why do dudes keep saying this? Do parents these days actually encourage their sons to watch little girl shows and buy them little plastic pink ponies? Are they literally trying to raise Bronies?

#72 5 years ago

LEGO movie pinball
    TOOL
    Matrix

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from PSchwisow:

but only if you can get Weird Al to collaborate on it.

speaking of weird al,
    the amish have been waiting a long time for a pinball machine.

amishal (resized).jpegamishal (resized).jpeg
    #74 5 years ago

I still say a Spongebob pin would be awesome... especially if done by JJP. There are so many things that could be done with this theme besides the obvious main characters. Ah.... a Flying Dutchman green hologram, King Neptune's crown, Sandy Cheeks' Treedome. I can dream.

#75 5 years ago

What about Bladerunner? I can't believe that hasn't been made.

#76 5 years ago

Ministry.

#77 5 years ago

SpinalTap_11 (resized).jpgSpinalTap_11 (resized).jpg

#78 5 years ago

This has potential for great call outs. My wife would be all in an a LE!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #79 5 years ago

Not really my cup of tea but Ru Paul Drag race pin would sell like crazy, could have a ton of good call outs, every and I mean every gay bar in the world would want one. Plus Ru Paul seems down to license a bunch of stuff, why not pinball. My wife and her friends would be so into it, probably most pinsiders would be scared but who cares, would out sell the Beatles IMO.

#80 5 years ago

How about ZZ Top, or Archer. Both could be fun. I think anything can be good if it is integrated well. Pink Floyd would rock. Alice Cooper, but based on his concerts. Scooby Doo could be fun.

#81 5 years ago

1. Madmax (obvious)
    2. Time Bandits (not so obvious but one can only hope)
    3. Fully licensed Nightmare before Christmas (so close - I've seen the fully functional prototype)

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Scooby Doo could be fun.

Supposedly this is in the works by The PInball Company.

#83 5 years ago
    fearandloathing (resized).jpgfearandloathing (resized).jpg
    #84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Giebzilla:

This has potential for great call outs. My wife would be all in an a LE!
    [quoted image]

That is the best suggestion yet. Man, that has a ton of potential.

#85 5 years ago

Jonny Quest
    Spaceballs
    War of the Worlds

#86 5 years ago

The Grateful Dead. Tons of ideas from just the first 7 minutes of this video alone! So many characters, so many stories that would fit great with pinball throughout their catalog. Gotta lean on the more rock(ish) tunes for sure, but still, so much potential.

#87 5 years ago

Pacific Rim

#88 5 years ago

How about some adult humor, Leave it to beaver "Ward, I think you were a little had on the beaver last night"

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

How about some adult humor, Leave it to beaver "Ward, I think you were a little had on the beaver last night"

Leisure Suit Larry

#90 5 years ago
    3C9B38C4-8C2A-4890-9A40-7125284C3371 (resized).jpeg3C9B38C4-8C2A-4890-9A40-7125284C3371 (resized).jpeg
    #91 5 years ago
    anigif_enhanced-22749-1445032329-2.gifanigif_enhanced-22749-1445032329-2.gif
    #92 5 years ago

Laughing and playing pinball at the same time. A winning combination!

20170808_150853 (resized).jpg20170808_150853 (resized).jpg
    #93 5 years ago

Tom N Jerry

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from PSchwisow:

My Little Pony
    I'm serious. We need more family-friendly games. The show is still in production, so it wouldn't be too hard to get the voice actors to do the callouts and you could get the actual artists to collaborate on the artwork.

Issy Delete_This.gifIssy Delete_This.gif
    #95 5 years ago

Drexl

Drexl (resized).pngDrexl (resized).png
    #96 5 years ago

This or an "Army of Darkness" pin. There would have to be a "This ... is my BOOMSTICK!" call-out somewhere in the game though.

#97 5 years ago

Yes...But I think the one you want and the one I want are two different things....

#98 5 years ago

In no particular order.

e_cover (resized).jpge_cover (resized).jpgraf,750x1000,075,t,101010_01c5ca27c6.u1 (resized).jpgraf,750x1000,075,t,101010_01c5ca27c6.u1 (resized).jpg71u3lyOr4EL._SY445_ (resized).jpg71u3lyOr4EL._SY445_ (resized).jpgRat+race+_cfbb3260e3cf84190d48927bd988e0dd (resized).jpgRat+race+_cfbb3260e3cf84190d48927bd988e0dd (resized).jpgConeheads (resized).jpgConeheads (resized).jpg2958_tom_cruise_risky_business_700x (resized).jpg2958_tom_cruise_risky_business_700x (resized).jpg1143442_logo (resized).jpg1143442_logo (resized).jpgBlues-Brothers_0 (resized).jpgBlues-Brothers_0 (resized).jpg

#99 5 years ago

It's funny how My Little Pony is beyond the pale, but thousands of pinbros adore a Judy Garand musical with pastel horses, red sparkly heels and literal rainbow targets.

Why not go full skittles and give us the ponies? I want to see pinside implode.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

It's funny how My Little Pony is beyond the pale, but thousands of pinbros adore a Judy Garand musical with pastel horses, red sparkly heels and literal rainbow targets.
    Why not go full skittles and give us the ponies? I want to see pinside implode.

LOL.

That said, I always thought Dukes of Hazard would be a great theme. I'm also surprised B/W or more likely DE never made a Home Alone pin back in the early 90's. Don't see it being a popular theme these days, however. But go figure. Addams is hugely coveted.

There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-brainer-themes-that-haven-t-been-made-yet/page/2?hl=pschwisow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.