Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25C1DF29-7CB1-4121-87DF-277CEF04CFCD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from mpschuetze:

Hello everyone, first time poster. I have a 1974 Strato Flite. I've fixed a broken flipper, replaced lamps, replaced rubber, cleaned and polished the playfield, and today the game is very usable. However I have one flaw that I don't know how to tackle, so hopefully you can help guide me. At the top of the playfield is the ejection saucer and left and right slingshots. My problem is the slingshots are not advancing fully. They do increase the bonus, but they don't advance the five different bonus options. Only the Open Bottom Gate light remains lit as the sole option no matter which slingshot is hit. I have a feeling this is a bad stepper unit, but I don't know which one, nor have I replaced/serviced a stepper before. I have the Strato schematics. Can anyone confirm on the the right track? Any resources on fixing or replacing steppers is well appreciated too. Thanks. Matt

It looks like this is controlled by the match unit. Usually it's in the backbox. Get some metal polish and clean the disk. Make sure the solenoid is actuating when you hit the slings

10 months later
#7 5 years ago

There's usually enough slack to at least get at the parts to disassemble that piece without desoldering. Get new coil and plunger as well as you might not be able to get the old one out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-advance-from-top-slingshots?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.