(Topic ID: 207297)

Nitro Ground Shaker: What's the real value?

By smileymatthew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by VDrums2112
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0762 (resized).jpg
IMG_0046 (resized).jpg
IMG_0047 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weatherbymag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

I paid $1100 for mine last year, MINT BG, faded cabinet, Good PF, but had mylar all over it in multiple sheets. All original boards, played fine. & I think I slightly overpaid due to fact I REALLY wanted this title...

I put set of CPR plastics & rubbers on it, new targets, bumper caps, LED's & played it all year.

Then bought a CPR PF @ York & installed it in December, polished all the metal etc.

I was concerned how the paint would hold up when removing all the mylar off the original PF, it actually survived quite well with freeze spray, so then I magic erasered it & gave it a good wax & it's a darn nice wall hanger. It's probably too nice to leave on wall, it probably should be in a game.....but I think I will keep it in case any of my friends get one of these & need a real nice original PF, otherwise for the couple hundred $ it is worth, I'll keep using it as art.

I plan on re-painting the cabinet this spring if I ever find time, not working on other machine projects.

As it sits now, it's pretty nice with just faded cabinet.... might be worth $1500-$1700, after cabinet paint, new side rails, new coin door.... maybe $1900. At that point it will be a pretty darn nice amateur restoration.

I see people asking big prices for these lately, but I don't think they are selling for those prices.

Pic of complete game is as I bought it, after the CPR plastics/target/rubber/pop cap upgrade & then a pic of the CPR PF getting populated. I actually don't have a pic of the finished game on my phone.

IMG_0047 (resized).jpgIMG_0047 (resized).jpg

IMG_0046 (resized).jpgIMG_0046 (resized).jpg

IMG_0762 (resized).jpgIMG_0762 (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

& I forgot to add.... I bought a CPR BG actually before I bought the machine, thinking I may find one that needs a glass..... But this one end up being perfect, so the CPR is hanging on the wall.......... The quality when sitting next to the original mint glass is striking. The CPR colors are all washed out, ie. the black is not crisp sharp dark black etc. The detail, like in the faces in the crowd etc. are very "cartoonish" & are not nearly as sharp as the original Bally glass. It would be ok, for a game that has no glass, or a real bad glass, but there is no substitute for the real deal. the Back Glass is 90% of the reason to own one of these games, so it's gotta be nice.

IMO this is Christensen's best art. I love all his Backglasses.... but this is by far my favorite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weatherbymag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nitro-ground-shaker-whats-the-real-value?tu=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.