Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by NinJaBooT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Just picked up a Bally NGS and it is in need of a new playfield if anyone has one for sale. I would settle for one in decent condition as well. Thanks

#2 11 years ago

I believe Kruzman has one. I couldn't find the more recent post, but this should work. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-and-repro-pfs-for-sale

Good luck.
Julius

#3 11 years ago

Thanks Julius!

1 week later
#4 11 years ago

Bump

#5 11 years ago

Did you check with Kruzman? If so, what happened ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#6 11 years ago

I did. He has one that he wants 1100.00 for. I can't justify paying that considering the game isn't worth that much. I may make him an offer if I get desperate or impatient. I found a full game in Texas for 600. The playfield in that one is ok, definately restorable where mine is pretty much blown out. With shipping I would be at the same price as Kruz. Seems a better deal?

#7 11 years ago

I have 4 other machines torn apart that I am in the middle of restoring. I'm not in a huge rush so I hope something comes along soon.

#9 11 years ago

Bump

#10 11 years ago

I understand having a budget on a restore. I have a couple of playfields that Kruzman went over and cleared for me and they are extremely nice. His work is top notch if you decide to go crazy with your budget.

#11 11 years ago

I've seen that playfield in person many times and have drooled over it. We've talked about various trade deals for that playfield and if I end up with it someday then it will just be hanging on my basement wall forever.....which would really be a shame as I'm sure there's not a nicer looking one out there. If your planning on doing a high end restoration then Kruzmans playfield is it !!!
If your thinking about sending him one to restore you'd be looking at the same cost for a restoration job as the one he has right now. If you have other playfields to trade him you might try that approach. Just my two cents worth.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I understand having a budget on a restore. I have a couple of playfields that Kruzman went over and cleared for me and they are extremely nice. His work is top notch if you decide to go crazy with your budget.

I havnt given up thought of buying Kruzman's NGS. It just seems like alot for that game is all. If I had some sentimental attachment to it or if it was one of my top 5 games then I would spend the money for sure. The game just isn't worth that much to me is all. I don't recall even ever playing it as well. I do love the the back glass though and the playfield art is sweet to. The red white and blue color scheme is pretty appealing also.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I've seen that playfield in person many times and have drooled over it. We've talked about various trade deals for that playfield and if I end up with it someday then it will just be hanging on my basement wall forever.....which would really be a shame as I'm sure there's not a nicer looking one out there. If your planning on doing a high end restoration then Kruzmans playfield is it !!!
If your thinking about sending him one to restore you'd be looking at the same cost for a restoration job as the one he has right now. If you have other playfields to trade him you might try that approach. Just my two cents worth.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

John,

I am definately torn with what to do. I would like to pimp out that machine. I think it would look great in my games room also. I dont know why its such a hard decision?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

John,
I am definately torn with what to do. I would like to pimp out that machine. I think it would look great in my games room also. I dont know why its such a hard decision?

Yeah me either......its only money right ??

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek ,Mi.
269-979-3836

#15 11 years ago

I just made Ron an offer on his NOS playfield.

#16 11 years ago

Good luck !! Hope it works out for both of you.......but it sure would look dang pretty on my wall. LOL........

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#17 11 years ago

You might try Brian at HSA Pinball near Chicago if yours could be restored. He did a NGS playfield for me and I could not believe how nice it came out based on what I took him. Here are the before and after shots of mine from his website

www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa112.html

I know how hard these are to find so this may be an option for you if the purchase falls through.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from nitroshaker:

You might try Brian at HSA Pinball near Chicago if yours could be restored. He did a NGS playfield for me and I could not believe how nice it came out based on what I took him. Here are the before and after shots of mine from his website
http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa112.html
I know how hard these are to find so this may be an option for you if the purchase falls through.

Maybe I should check it out. Thanks for the help.

#19 11 years ago

Are there enough owners to warrant repros? I have considered getting one made locally. A friend has a cnc router. I think it could be printed on a solvent ink bed printer like the ones used to do vehicle wraps. Then cleared to finish.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Are there enough owners to warrant repros? I have considered getting one made locally. A friend has a cnc router. I think it could be printed on a solvent ink bed printer like the ones used to do vehicle wraps. Then cleared to finish.

Maybe we should start a club?

#21 11 years ago

I already have my NOS Nitro Groundshaker Playfield Scanned, so now I just need to find the time to do the artwork. Skateball Playfield is up next for artwork as soon as I'm finished with The Shadow plastics.....

Stu
CPR Art Director

Quoted from StrykersArcade:

#22 11 years ago

Shadow Plastics?!?!? I wish I had of waited rather than spend the 400 on the NOS set that I bought. I am in for a another set anyway.

Thanks for the update Stu. I think you can count me in for one of those NGS playfields. That is 4 I have on order with you guys now. I can't wait for High Speed to be released. Any chances of a Super Sonic playfield in the future? Why didn't I check with CPR first if they were planning on redoing NGS.

#23 11 years ago

We currently have over 65 Projects in the works right now....Lots of new products coming out....

Stu

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Why didn't I check with CPR first if they were planning on redoing NGS.

#24 11 years ago

What's the timeline for NGS ?

#25 11 years ago

Before anyone thinks about inkjet pf's they should take a look at the latest IPB pf's. They are doing their CV and MM by that process, along with what seems to be varathane clear. It looks like an old saliors tattoo. Though I realize some people are in to that, I am just adding knowledge for your decision. cheers. rk

#26 11 years ago

I am talking about a commercial grade flat bed solvent printer and vector art files. Very different process.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

We currently have over 65 Projects in the works right now....Lots of new products coming out....
Stu

Are these top secret or is there a chance some or all will be disclosed? It would give people the opportunity to hold out for a nice new repro instead of touch ups or overlays!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from erozens:

Are these top secret or is there a chance some or all will be disclosed? It would give people the opportunity to hold out for a nice new repro instead of touch ups or overlays!

Good Question.

Erozens, I am still interested in the overlay even though I want a CPR NGS when they are released. I want to still bring my blown out playfield back to life and the overlay will help in recreating the missing artwork from mine. Let me know what transpires.

Thanks.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Good Question.
Erozens, I am still interested in the overlay even though I want a CPR NGS when they are released. I want to still bring my blown out playfield back to life and the overlay will help in recreating the missing artwork from mine. Let me know what transpires.
Thanks.

I hear ya, the V-shaped lanes on my pf are shot to wood! I may hold out for a CPR NGS as well as I would love to have one as opposed to an overlay. Looks like they already have backglasses on the way: http://www.classicplayfields.com/updates.html

#30 11 years ago

I am curious what the time frame is on NGS from CPR?

#31 11 years ago

NGS is one of my favourite back glasses.

#32 11 years ago

If there was ever a backglass that needed reproduced it's Nitro Ground Shaker. It was one of the worst backglasses for peeling and ink separation. I looked for years for one and I think I've only ever seen one that didn't have at least some problems.

As for Kruzman's playfield, I wish I could afford it right now because it is awesome. It's not your normal NOS playfield. It is worth at least twice as much due to the extensive detailing and clearcoating.

I had a nice clearcoated NGS playfield and I wish I would have kept it. I sold it with some playfield plastics on eBay for $1100 a couple years ago.

#33 11 years ago

Nitro Ground Shaker is on CPR's list to be reproduced.

#34 11 years ago

My NGS backglass is mint. No peeling. I find myself staring at it all the time.

#35 11 years ago

Anyone see a stencil kit for NGS? Im interested if anyone knows of one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nitro-ground-shaker-playfield-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.