(Topic ID: 126519)

Nitro amusements outstanding service on MMR

By Dr-Hex

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Want to give a great big thank you to a distributor who has the service part done right. My new MMR had a opto out of the box that wouldn't work. Sw37 - meaning the castle gate wouldn't register and therefore the castle could never be destroyed (also the hardest one in the game to replace). The tech from nitro drove from another province to come and make it right, at no cost to me. He also spent the afternoon helping me with my other games as well. Service way above what was expected, happy to do it and made sure I was happy with my game.
    It's nice to see that in a world where service is falling to the way side, that someone still takes the time to do things right.
    My MMR now plays like it should, and I couldn't be happier...

#2 8 years ago

I have nothing but good things to say about nitro but holy shit a service call from bc to Alberta is simply amazing! Really says a lot about these guys and where we Canadians should be buying our nib pins. I'd love to see those clowns in Toronto do that.

Fuck starburst nitro all the way!!!

#3 8 years ago

Nice! Although I think that starburst is the distributor for canada, so they all go through them first..

The real question is when are you having people over to try it out

#4 8 years ago

WOW

#5 8 years ago

Actually nitro received their own shipments direct from pps. First in Canada to receive theirs and from what I've heard from others, anyone ordering from starburst is still waiting on the first shipment....

#6 8 years ago

yup

#7 8 years ago

Bump for no new issues after tons of games

#8 8 years ago

The Nitro guys are good guys. I'm in their shop almost every weekend picking up a part or something. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

4 months later
    #9 8 years ago

High fives to Nitro all around. Excellent service. Excellent advice. Excellent people.

#10 8 years ago

Tommy and his crew at Nitro are top notch. They are my go to for NIB pins.

#11 8 years ago

So awesome to have ppl like nitro in the business.

#12 8 years ago

...and here's Tommy (Nitro Pinball) on local TV recently showing HeighWay Pinball's "Full Throttle":

http://globalnews.ca/video/2221780/pinball-wizards?hootPostID=b6f096c243a051f3e9290f8b837dc113

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from woz:

...and here's Tommy (Nitro Pinball) on local TV recently showing HeighWay Pinball's "Full Throttle":
    http://globalnews.ca/video/2221780/pinball-wizards?hootPostID=b6f096c243a051f3e9290f8b837dc113

Good Job Tommy...Can hardly wait for mine!

#14 8 years ago

These guys are hard-core pinheads for sure. I look forward to my weekly fix at Nitro!

#15 8 years ago

I was there twice today! Super nice guys who are always down to help me out or simply talk pinball

1 month later
    #16 8 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I have nothing but good things to say about nitro but holy shit a service call from bc to Alberta is simply amazing! Really says a lot about these guys and where we Canadians should be buying our nib pins. I'd love to see those clowns in Toronto do that.
    Fuck starburst nitro all the way!!!

I bought a Shadow from Starburst in 2003. The ball launch solenoid smoked when I first turned it on. They sent a tech from Calgary to do the repairs at no charge to me.

#17 8 years ago

Driving from Calgary to Edmonton is several hours shorter than driving from bc to Edmonton.

So if it's a 3 hour drive vs a 12 hour drive then I guess nitro is 4x better than starburst

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nitro-amusements-outstanding-service-on-mmr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.