Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4BE40758-40FC-4F9D-96B2-A10F0E8D5618 (resized).jpeg
    6D31272B-89BB-49A1-A680-981E6DB895C3 (resized).jpeg
    20D8F84E-6332-4C9E-B8B1-B5FD605B8B1E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

The reliability of this years frontier has yet to be seen. New engine and its gonna be a one off body/drivetrain combo before they move to the new body style. Might be a pain for parts down the road. Upside is more power and better mpg than the old setup.
    The 17+ haven't really changed since the bush administration. They are reliable, but they are ancient. I considered it before buy my 17 colorado. If safety isn't your top priority and you don't care that its ancient its not a bad truck. Colorado is a poorly buit unreliable pos (owned 17/18 both lemons). Tacoma is overpriced for what you get. Currently have a 19 ranger and liking it so far, but the crew cab bed is short. If you want to fit three pins upright you have to take the head off two of them.
    As for best truck on the market for the value? Depends on what you value. By the time I added the features that I cared about it wasn't much cheaper than the competition and was a dinosaur.

Just got a 2020 Tacoma 4x4 crew cab and it's been awesome. One of the most reliable trucks out there, plus it has fairly high resale value. 2020 model's now come standard with a 7" touch screen display (with Apple Car Play / Android Auto), pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, dynamic radar cruise control, lane departure system, and automatic high beams. Looks like a standard 2020 Tacoma Toyota 4x4 crew cab and Ford Ranger 4x4 crew cab are about the same price. I think the Ranger looks nice too!

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Do love that the taco comes with a stick but the price killed my interest. Ranger didn't have everything I wanted but 4.5k off and 0 percent for 84 months were nice. Ended up with a 4x4 fx4 supercrew.
    From a drive train perspective the Colorado with the v6 and 8 speed auto is best. It will scoot if given the throttle and mpg is middlr of the three. Ranger 10 speed auto is a bit better but the turbo 4 doesn't have the same throttle response. Tacoma was the worst. Transmission felt dated. Engine has to be revealed and just doesn't have the oomph of the others.
    That said manual is still most fun to drive and the bed on the taco is awesome.

Yeah the new Ranger is a nice truck, that's a great deal you got too! I came from a Prius so very happy to have a truck now lol. To be the fair to the Prius it was the best car I ever owned, just wanted a change and something I could haul a pin and larger items in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nissan-frontier-pin-hauler?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.