0Nip-It-Pinside-Pic-01 (resized).jpg
20180627_185924 (resized).jpg
20180627_170916 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
20180624_232525 (resized).jpg
Nip It Open Flippers (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

Hi Thrillhouse
"open flipper problem" - in the snippet of schematics MarkG shows in post-3: I see a switch on the Ball-Index-Relay - this switch opens when You make some points and so the Ball-Index-Relay pulls-in and stays pulling and the switch is open --- does Your Ball-Index-Relay does this ?

"Ball-Count wont advance" - HowardR 's JPG in post-2 --- question: Does the Player-Unit ever moves ? IF (if, if) "NO" --- rather down in the JPG I see a switch on the Ball-Index-Relay --- it must be pulling so the switch is closed. Greetings Rolf

#10 5 years ago

Hi Thrillhouse
one fault in Your pin is "The Ball-Index-Relay does NOT stay pulling" - a short wire runs from one side of the coil of the relay to "Switch mounted on the relay" - question: Is this switch good ?

Just for testing - wear rubber gloves (Safety Reasons - the stuff runs on 50VAC) - PRESS the armature of the Ball-Index-Relay constantly (You simulate the relay is pulling) - as You press: Try the "open flipper problem" - as You press: Try "loosing a ball in play". Greetings Rolf

#12 5 years ago

Hi Thrillhouse
in the end of my post-6 I asked: " Does the Player-Unit ever moves ?" (2,3,4 Player-Game) - Your answer will help narrowing on the problem. Greetings Rolf

1 week later
#28 5 years ago

Hi Thrillhouse
could You solve the problem(s) ? Greetings Rolf

#30 5 years ago

Hi Thrillhouse
sounds as You are busy the next couple of days. Please write a new post when the gaming convention is over - You then have time to work on the "Nip It".

The buildings in MacMurdo Station - do they have light on 110VAC or on 220VAC ?
One way to do tests is "using Jumper-Wires" - another way is "using Test-Light(s)". I do not like the 48VAC (more dangerous) in the Bally pins (Williams and Gottlieb run on 24VAC) - so "Jumper-Wire" would be / is second choice - means first choice is "Test-Light(s)": "Toggling off the pin, unplugging the pin, setting Test-Light(s) - hands off - plugging-in, toggling-on, starting, playing and watching the Test-Light(s)".
Can You get (110VAC/) 48VAC / 24VAC / 12VAC bulbs/lamps to make You an Test-Light ? Greetings Rolf

#32 5 years ago

Hi Thrillhouse
a cheap old Edison-Style 110VAC-Bedroom Light (no LED or other Energy-Saver) is fine - it will light up --- dim but clearly visible. I took HowardR 's picture (post-2) and added the use of an 48VAC / 110VAC Test-Light. You toggle-off and unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) - You then establish permanent the Test-Light as "my 1" --- You plug-in, toggle-on, start a game --- the Test-Light must light all the time.
Toggle-off etc ... the Test-Light hooked-up as "my 2": The Test-Light must light-up when it comes to "stepping on the ball" - my other numbers (3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10) are other places to clip-on --- the idea is "first long distance covering - then shorter and shorter - means more and more stuff in the pin is involved - should / must work".
Write what problem You want to troubleshoot - may want to write when the convention is over and You have time for the Nip It.
It is getting late in Switzerland - I go to sleep, till tomorrow (?), greetings Rolf

0Nip-It-Pinside-Pic-01 (resized).jpg0Nip-It-Pinside-Pic-01 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
PinShield
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nip-it-help-needed?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.