You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CaptureN02 (resized).JPG
CaptureN01 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I have a Nip It that I am putting on location. However, when I press the start button it adds a credit. I tried looking for suspicious new wires or soldering on the start button, coin relays, and credit relays but did not seem to find any (at least not to my eye). Does anyone have an idea as to where to start or what it could be?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2 years ago

Did it ever work correctly? Adding a wire to make this happen isn't an unusual way for a novice to make a game free play.
Easier than thinking.

#3 2 years ago

I would check out your 2nd and 3rd coin chute relays to see if one of these switch are closed when the should be open.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Did it ever work correctly? Adding a wire to make this happen isn't an unusual way for a novice to make a game free play.
Easier than thinking.

It has done this for as long as I have had it and the person before me. So, I am convinced there was a modification, but I can not seem to nail it down.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

I would check out your 2nd and 3rd coin chute relays to see if one of these switch are closed when the should be open. [quoted image]

Thanks, I checked and they are good.

#6 2 years ago

Does the motor run when this happens? In either case have a close look at the Credit Button wiring.
There should be a Blue&Orange wire on one terminal and a White&Orange wire on the other terminal. And nothing else.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Does the motor run when this happens? In either case have a close look at the Credit Button wiring.
There should be a Blue&Orange wire on one terminal and a White&Orange wire on the other terminal. And nothing else.

Yes, these wires are correct.

Coin Chute 1: When you add a coin it starts a game without adding a credit/needing to press start. If you add a second coin it will add a second player; 3rd coin = 3 players; 4th coin = 4th player; 5 or more coins it does not add any more players (obviously), but it also does not add credits. It triggers the coin relay and motor however.

Coin Chute 2: No Chute 2

Coin Chute 3: Appears to function normal

Start button: Activates Coin Relay, Credit Relay and the motor. However, once 4 players are added and the start button is pressed there are no relays that activate nor does the motor, but it continues to add credits on every press until they are maxed.

#8 2 years ago

If it was a modification to get a free credit. I think the easiest way to do this is to closed the following switches

(Highlighted in Green). The easy way to check is to put a piece of paper between the contacts on the switches and the press the credit button and see if additional credits are added.

Check to see is someone jumper-ed Blu-o wired or W-O wire on the credit unit at the jones plug or at the credit unit.

Also check if there is a solder bead between the credit Unit limit and credit unit Zero. These switches are on the credit unit. (Highlighted in Yellow)

They may have bent the switch so they also touch. (or removed/missing the fish paper that is sometimes in between the switches on the switch stack.

CaptureN01 (resized).JPGCaptureN01 (resized).JPGCaptureN02 (resized).JPGCaptureN02 (resized).JPG
#9 2 years ago

Awesome. I will try this tomorrow when im back at the shop. Thank you so much for helping me its very much appreciated!!!

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

They may have bent the switch so they also touch.[quoted image][quoted image]

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

They bent the lower switch up so they touched. It was so obvious, I can't believe I did not see that sooner. I was able to isolate the issue at the credit unit by using your paper trick to rule out the relays for certain.

Problem solved... Thanks a ton ArgosySK

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nip-it-em-adds-a-credit-when-i-press-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.