IMG_20220831_193756 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220902_140056 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220901_173848 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220805_175758 (resized).jpg
received_884709766269263 (resized).jpeg
orca-image-1061315622 (resized).jpeg
received_5347447032039493 (resized).jpeg
received_431897658982476 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Ok, sign me up! Picked up a really good machine from a fellow "pinsider", just need to put her back together and see how she plays. (I have to be honest here, I've never played or even seen this game in action, so not sure if she's a keeper or not yet..time will tell!)

The backglass art work and playfield are in 100% great condition, so this one will be close to perfect. Cant wait to start on her! I'll post photo's as I go.

2 weeks later
#9 4 years ago

Ok, getting this one together, thought I'd ask for some help/advice on this one.

All back together and seems to be working except:

Ball in play lights - although the ball count unit is working (as in after 5 balls, game is over) the actual lights showing which ball you are playing is not working (every now & then, one of them will light up, then out again) I've changed bulbs, checked jones plugs/connections, etc. ????

Zipper Flippers - although the flippers work, the pop up "thingy" can be hit on the playfield (target??) - and I do hear a relay buzzing at that point, but the zipper part does not bring them together, and if I close them manually, the playfield button/switch does not release them. (I do have a replacement coil with the magnet to release them and it came with the game, so I'll try replacing that for the release) just not sure why they're not pulling in ? (Way to check the small black box that pulls them in?) Other possible hints/tips to look for?

The game came with three full size pinballs (one smaller one for the tilt mechanism too) - but when I put all 3 in, it kept kicking 2 out at a time, but if I only put 2 pinballs into the playfield, and they drain, it seems to work correctly - does this game operate on 2 or 3 balls? It kicks one out to play, and if I lock it in the hole to the right, it will kick out the 2nd ball...then it will release the one locked for I guess a "multi-ball" ? So not sure if 2 is all it should/could handle?

Any & all help is appreciated, thanks!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

the pop up "thingy"

That is the "mushroom-bumper" now that I know the real name..sorry

#12 4 years ago

Great info and suggestions, thank you.

Update - I cleaned the light sockets (just in case) then also cleaned the ball count copper tabs and found when pushing in on one of the blades, the lights then came on, so between cleaning and bending that blade slightly to make better contact, - I now have lights (well, # 2 isn't working, so that one I'll keep chasing)

So far, I've found 2 fuses under the playfield - the one I found this morning (thanks to your suggestions) was close to the flippers, labeled as a 10 Amp Slo Blo (although there is an 8 A fuse in the holder), I'll check it later with the meter, but visually looked ok. (The other fuse I think was a 5A, but didn't seem related to this issue) I was so hoping it was just a bad fuse... thinking right now, possibly bad solder points or the black "relay" (??) that pulls the flippers closed? (Any way to check that item?)

I've checked the "white playfield" roll over, doesn't seem to do anything (perhaps that's why I have a replacement coil for that one. game came partially dis-assembled) I'll look into the "flipper open" relay. I'll also check the EOS's, just in case (I only had about 10 minutes this morning)

And yes, that's what I needed on the ball count. It came with a 15/16" ball (for the tilt) and three (3) 1 1/6" balls, so for some reason I thought all 3 were to be inserted, so only two (2) are needed - that's answers a lot of questions (I was getting all kind of issues by putting 3 in there..lol)

Again, appreciate the help and will report back on progress..or failures...lol

1 week later
#13 4 years ago

Another update - I can hit the mushroom and the chime goes off - and the chime coil stays on until I manually move the assembly fully back and engage the stopper. So it’s not pulling in for some reason?

The release button on the playfield is now operational so that part works.

Any way to jump or test the “open flipper coil “?

#14 4 years ago

Sorry. I guess that’s the “close flipper coil” The small black box looking thing that pulls the assembly back. Lol

#15 4 years ago

Another update - but positive! Played Nip It today (knowing the zipper flippers didn’t work but wanted to play it anyway). I hit the mushroom and at first nothing. I hit my left flipper button and they came together.
I hit the release or open flipper switch on the playfield and they opened up like they’re supposed to

Next time I hit the mushroom - they came together on their own (without me hitting the flipper button)

First - any ideas on what may have occurred there ? Just from not activating in a long time? Even though I had manually several times.

Second - with the “balligator” the zipper flippers and the rest of the game - this one may just have to go into the collection of keepers! It’s fun to play for it’s age!

#18 4 years ago

I'm thinking as it had been a while since it had been used at all, the manual operation of the mechanism helped, then once actually played for a bit, it started making connection again and possibly self cleaned a switch? I'll keep looking but as it's working - I hate to stop it now! lol

Well, after getting all the mechanics on her to work (always do that first, then work on the aesthetics), finally cleaned and waxed her down, installed new rubbers and bulbs where needed and she's looking and playing great! Amazing game really!

IMG_8780 (resized).jpgIMG_8780 (resized).jpgIMG_8781 (resized).jpgIMG_8781 (resized).jpgIMG_8782 (resized).jpgIMG_8782 (resized).jpgIMG_8784 (resized).jpgIMG_8784 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#23 2 years ago

Nip It question-

My Nip It has the 3 chime bars, a fellow Pinsider (new to the site and his first pinball) recently picked one up that only has one small bell in the cab. Nothing in the head. It also has “Fr” in the coin slot labels. Thinking francs for an export model that was reimported here?

But was this an export option - one bell vs 3 chimes?

Would it be hard /impossible to add a 3 unit to replace the bell? ( he may leave as is to keep original. I just like the 3 diff sounds for varying point levels)

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments ?

#26 2 years ago

Cool. Thanks we’ll look. This one has a Jones plug but looks like for only 2 wires. We’ll check if it is prewired for chimes. Thanks again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 350.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinshakers
Other
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nip-it-club?tu=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.