Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Nikrox2
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8784 (resized).jpg
IMG_8782 (resized).jpg
IMG_8781 (resized).jpg
IMG_8780 (resized).jpg
nip it (resized).jpg
51E778B6-D078-4D1E-83F5-AD7B388FFAE8 (resized).jpeg
DSC02437 (resized).JPG
43951403_555898704880496_4453663000397611008_n (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

Not having a club for this machine yet so here we go.

I personally love this machine. Played it at a friends house when I was young and I was immediately sold.

It has great colours and artwork (Dick White)
A nice layout (Ted Zale)
2 ball multiball feature (with bonus collect on multiball start)
Zipper Flippers
Shooter lane towards grabber assembly with the second button
Popbumpers rollover buttons light them for higher value (10 to 100 pts)
Outlane return gate to shooter lane

4580 units made.
Some prototypes have a different ballygator mech with a plastic covered grabber.
Regular ones have an assy with just an arm grabbing the ball. Sometimes missing from the machines because it was taken out by the operator.

Also famous for the 60s based series Happy Days where the machine was placed in Arnolds Diner and often being played by the Fonz and his friends. Actually NIP-IT is a 1973 machine so it was a little error for Happy Days to have that machine in the diner.

5 years ago I sold my machine (space issues) that was the best of 3,5 I bought in the period before.
Now having a bigger gameroom I'm back to the same situation today having again 3 nip-its'. A nice view those 3 lined up next to each other. My friends say I'm crazy ...

43951403_555898704880496_4453663000397611008_n (resized).jpgDSC02437 (resized).JPG
#2 10 months ago

Great game! Had a nice one setup at my wedding this past summer.

51E778B6-D078-4D1E-83F5-AD7B388FFAE8 (resized).jpeg
#3 10 months ago

Any chance anyone has a extra baligator mech?

1 month later
#4 8 months ago

Ok I go two of them running now. If heaven would have a sound... it would sound like this

5 months later
#5 78 days ago

A picture I found on the french forum... somewhere in the world there is a bigger fan then me

nip it (resized).jpg
1 month later
#6 34 days ago

Ok, sign me up! Picked up a really good machine from a fellow "pinsider", just need to put her back together and see how she plays. (I have to be honest here, I've never played or even seen this game in action, so not sure if she's a keeper or not yet..time will tell!)

The backglass art work and playfield are in 100% great condition, so this one will be close to perfect. Cant wait to start on her! I'll post photo's as I go.

#7 34 days ago

Great! I love watching and playing the one I have.. one of the better EM's imho

#8 33 days ago

I'm in the club wife loves this game! I also have a 4 Million BC which is another great Bally Multiball game.
Joe

2 weeks later
#9 15 days ago

Ok, getting this one together, thought I'd ask for some help/advice on this one.

All back together and seems to be working except:

Ball in play lights - although the ball count unit is working (as in after 5 balls, game is over) the actual lights showing which ball you are playing is not working (every now & then, one of them will light up, then out again) I've changed bulbs, checked jones plugs/connections, etc. ????

Zipper Flippers - although the flippers work, the pop up "thingy" can be hit on the playfield (target??) - and I do hear a relay buzzing at that point, but the zipper part does not bring them together, and if I close them manually, the playfield button/switch does not release them. (I do have a replacement coil with the magnet to release them and it came with the game, so I'll try replacing that for the release) just not sure why they're not pulling in ? (Way to check the small black box that pulls them in?) Other possible hints/tips to look for?

The game came with three full size pinballs (one smaller one for the tilt mechanism too) - but when I put all 3 in, it kept kicking 2 out at a time, but if I only put 2 pinballs into the playfield, and they drain, it seems to work correctly - does this game operate on 2 or 3 balls? It kicks one out to play, and if I lock it in the hole to the right, it will kick out the 2nd ball...then it will release the one locked for I guess a "multi-ball" ? So not sure if 2 is all it should/could handle?

Any & all help is appreciated, thanks!

#10 15 days ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

the pop up "thingy"

That is the "mushroom-bumper" now that I know the real name..sorry

#11 15 days ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Ok, getting this one together, thought I'd ask for some help/advice on this one.
All back together and seems to be working except:
Ball in play lights - although the ball count unit is working (as in after 5 balls, game is over) the actual lights showing which ball you are playing is not working (every now & then, one of them will light up, then out again) I've changed bulbs, checked jones plugs/connections, etc. ????
Zipper Flippers - although the flippers work, the pop up "thingy" can be hit on the playfield (target??) - and I do hear a relay buzzing at that point, but the zipper part does not bring them together, and if I close them manually, the playfield button/switch does not release them. (I do have a replacement coil with the magnet to release them and it came with the game, so I'll try replacing that for the release) just not sure why they're not pulling in ? (Way to check the small black box that pulls them in?) Other possible hints/tips to look for?
The game came with three full size pinballs (one smaller one for the tilt mechanism too) - but when I put all 3 in, it kept kicking 2 out at a time, but if I only put 2 pinballs into the playfield, and they drain, it seems to work correctly - does this game operate on 2 or 3 balls? It kicks one out to play, and if I lock it in the hole to the right, it will kick out the 2nd ball...then it will release the one locked for I guess a "multi-ball" ? So not sure if 2 is all it should/could handle?
Any & all help is appreciated, thanks!

Check your ball count unit, check connectors, check lamp sockets

For the zippers. Check your flippers open switch under the white playfield roll over for adjustment. Alsocheck your flippers open relay (the latch). Anything misadjusted will alway activate the latch relay and coil when the zippers are closed (seen by an eos for flippers closed I think.) Nex to that the zhe zippers have a seperate fuse under the playfield itself, so check that too. You probably here the flippers close relay buzzing but the black coil does not get it's power because the fuse has blown.

Game works on 2 balls for the playfield! The smaller ball is for the tilt.

#12 15 days ago

Great info and suggestions, thank you.

Update - I cleaned the light sockets (just in case) then also cleaned the ball count copper tabs and found when pushing in on one of the blades, the lights then came on, so between cleaning and bending that blade slightly to make better contact, - I now have lights (well, # 2 isn't working, so that one I'll keep chasing)

So far, I've found 2 fuses under the playfield - the one I found this morning (thanks to your suggestions) was close to the flippers, labeled as a 10 Amp Slo Blo (although there is an 8 A fuse in the holder), I'll check it later with the meter, but visually looked ok. (The other fuse I think was a 5A, but didn't seem related to this issue) I was so hoping it was just a bad fuse... thinking right now, possibly bad solder points or the black "relay" (??) that pulls the flippers closed? (Any way to check that item?)

I've checked the "white playfield" roll over, doesn't seem to do anything (perhaps that's why I have a replacement coil for that one. game came partially dis-assembled) I'll look into the "flipper open" relay. I'll also check the EOS's, just in case (I only had about 10 minutes this morning)

And yes, that's what I needed on the ball count. It came with a 15/16" ball (for the tilt) and three (3) 1 1/6" balls, so for some reason I thought all 3 were to be inserted, so only two (2) are needed - that's answers a lot of questions (I was getting all kind of issues by putting 3 in there..lol)

Again, appreciate the help and will report back on progress..or failures...lol

1 week later
#13 6 days ago

Another update - I can hit the mushroom and the chime goes off - and the chime coil stays on until I manually move the assembly fully back and engage the stopper. So it’s not pulling in for some reason?

The release button on the playfield is now operational so that part works.

Any way to jump or test the “open flipper coil “?

#14 6 days ago

Sorry. I guess that’s the “close flipper coil” The small black box looking thing that pulls the assembly back. Lol

#15 5 days ago

Another update - but positive! Played Nip It today (knowing the zipper flippers didn’t work but wanted to play it anyway). I hit the mushroom and at first nothing. I hit my left flipper button and they came together.
I hit the release or open flipper switch on the playfield and they opened up like they’re supposed to

Next time I hit the mushroom - they came together on their own (without me hitting the flipper button)

First - any ideas on what may have occurred there ? Just from not activating in a long time? Even though I had manually several times.

Second - with the “balligator” the zipper flippers and the rest of the game - this one may just have to go into the collection of keepers! It’s fun to play for it’s age!

#16 5 days ago

I would doublecheck
the switch under the mushroom for flippers close
the relay that drives the flippers close
the fuse that is under the playfield for the black coil to close the zipper flippers (good fuse holder for example)

I would also doublecheck
the flippers closed EOS switch
the button rollover switch adjustment
the flippers open relay (correct gaps)

I think a small adjustment/cleaning on any of those contacts will fix your issue.

#17 5 days ago

There's a whole stack of switches at the bottom of the zipper mech that are opened/closed by the mech sliding up and down. Adjusting all of those fixed my zipper issues

#18 5 days ago

I'm thinking as it had been a while since it had been used at all, the manual operation of the mechanism helped, then once actually played for a bit, it started making connection again and possibly self cleaned a switch? I'll keep looking but as it's working - I hate to stop it now! lol

Well, after getting all the mechanics on her to work (always do that first, then work on the aesthetics), finally cleaned and waxed her down, installed new rubbers and bulbs where needed and she's looking and playing great! Amazing game really!

IMG_8780 (resized).jpgIMG_8781 (resized).jpgIMG_8782 (resized).jpgIMG_8784 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 209.99
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside