Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by sunnRAT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6F02C1FD-8CDB-47F7-8735-79284639C827 (resized).jpeg
    4D93C4AA-1336-459E-A0FF-C600E814CDDF (resized).png
    7B416311-7BD6-42C9-B57E-74814089C84F (resized).jpeg
    AD96F16A-D410-483B-B59A-F425F0238B62 (resized).jpeg
    D2A372FE-323F-4258-B01B-A8DF2BEC2510 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1ABB3EAE-9A2D-4C06-8EF6-B9C2D6D85E6A (resized).jpeg
    6a00d83452033569e20240a51ed3a6200b (resized).png
    contra (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

That was my first thought. They are VERY tight with their IP and have aggressively pursued the emulation community much more vigorously than any other company in recent years, resulting in numerous web sites being taken down or severely neutered of content.
    I think securing a license would be an expensive exercise in frustration, and probably not worth the effort given all the other good properties out there which can be licensed much more reasonably.

Nintendo can be very difficult to work with. Their branding/IP team makes Disney look like a bunch of pushovers. I have done several deals with Disney.... and they can make you want to pull your hair out. I have only done 1 with Nintendo - and it was much more challenging.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Champion Pub is basically Punch-Out pinball.

It really is... and the game wasn't super well received... and frankly, I am not sure how you could make it much better.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The price isn’t the issue. It’s how protective they are with their IP. They’d probably want to be involved in the game’s design & it would take much longer than most pins spend in development.

This is it 100% I doubt the license would too expensive, but their brand team will want a large amount of control over much of the game. I am not saying that its not doable, but pray for the designer who tries to do it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.