q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xenon75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#888 5 years ago

Echoing others here - Yoku's Island Express is awesome! Lots of hidden paths to find for fruit and other goodies. Get it!

7 months later
#1915 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Metroid Prime 4 scrapped. Nintendo wasn't happy with the progress of the game.
Good news is that it will start up from scratch with original developer Retro making it!

But better than them just releasing a bad game like that Team ninja Metroid collab… I can wait have plenty in the backlog.

1 month later
#1998 5 years ago

If you like shumps - Sky Force Reloaded is fantastic and was on sale over the weekend, not sure if it is now.

3 months later
#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I read that it only runs at 30fps...I dunno, kinda turns me off for a side scroller, since all the classics ran at 60fps. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze runs at 60fps. Seems like 3rd party ports always have trouble optimizing frame rate.

None of the original classic side scrollers ran at 60fps... Talking NES/SNES/Genesis/N64 era here. Modern games sure, but if its animated at 30fps, being displayed at 60 gets you nothing.

2 months later
#2369 4 years ago

This game is really cool - hack and slash pinball!

https://www.creatureinthewell.com/

4 months later
#2867 4 years ago

+1 on Ring Fit, its a fun way to exercise and not drop a ton of money on equipment or the gym fees.

2 months later
#2956 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Yea sorry, BOTW was a total dud for me. Maybe ill pick it up again down the road if I get bored but imo, thats not Zelda game. Not looking for that kind of grind. From what ive read, it gets better after 10-20 hrs. To me, having to wait that long for a game to be good, isnt a good game.

It is a modern day remaking of the first Legend of Zelda with current gen features. Just like the first Legend of Zelda the designers want you to create the story and journey in your head, doing whatever you want, exploring wherever you want. It was remarkably refreshing and bold in an age where many games are so coddling and hold your hand so much you just follow along. I cannot wait for BOTW 2.

#2963 4 years ago

Gamestop used to be great but the past two years their choice in who they hire has really gone downhill - at least at the one I visit. This store's employees go out of their way to berate your game choices if your preferences differ from theirs. They even berated my kid when he went if for some Fornite stuff, it was really unbelievable and unnecessary.

Also Gamestop is more like a spencers gift store for gamers than a videogame store now. If you don't preorder you can't get a new title on launch day in most cases and you will get berated again for not pre-ordering. You can't find the rare games like you used to, can't get any real recommendations from the employees because they all hate working there, its just not the same place it once was.

That is why I avoid Gamestop now.

2 weeks later
#3143 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Update from playtonic
Owners Discount
From the 9th-19th April, if you own Yooka-Laylee on Switch, you can purchase Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for a whopping 50% off.

Yooka the Impossible Lair is really good, definitely felt more like a "Rare" game than the first Yooka game.

3 weeks later
#3228 3 years ago

Any interest in setting up a Pinside Turnip exchange for Animal Crossing?

2 weeks later
#3258 3 years ago

Where is the drift originating from and why does replacing the stick resolve it?

3 months later
#3500 3 years ago

So I will play the "works in the industry" card and then drop the Ace with I actually worked at Nintendo for quite sometime so I will provide a little insight without breaking my NDA.

1) Nintendo focuses on new experiences, not updating the past games to bring them up to current graphical standards. When that was done for Super Mario 1, 2 and 3 in the SNES All Stars cart, the majority of feedback received was that players preferred the original graphics they remembered so fondly.

2) Nintendo is now a nostalgia company and creates new ways to increase your nostalgia for their products. In contrast Disney is currently in the process of destroying the nostalgia they relied on for years with their remaking Lion King, Aladdin, Mulan etc.

3) Nintendo voraciously protects all its IP, as would you if you had billion dollar franchises. Some fans decided it would be cool to do a Super Mario 64 remake, and yes it is neat. But Nintendo 100% did the correct thing in shutting it down.

#3503 3 years ago

I never said no one liked it, I said people prefer the original form. It was released to generate more interest in the Nintendo online service during celebration of Mario's 35th, as it has a limited availability. Is Final Fantasy 7 remake a better game with shiny graphics? Is Resident Evil? I already know where all the jump scares are, I already know in FF7 who dies and when... Its not a new experience, but given how adamant you are about this argument it isn't worth debating further.

8 months later
#3779 2 years ago

E3 is so unnecessary now, too many leaks, too much real time information. Sony is right to skip it, and Nintendo Direct's always give timely updates. Time to bury it in the history of gaming.

Looking forward to most everything Nintendo announced, they probably had the most surprises of the show.

3 months later
#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

As a AAA Nintendo franchise that spent 15 years in "development", its good but its not, that good.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

There were Metroid DS releases over the last 15 years, Dread was definitely not in development for 15 years.

1 week later
#4030 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Metroid poster set back in stock! Go go go!
http://ninten.do/6187X0oJv

Thanks for the update, I was able to grab some!

4 weeks later
#4103 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I just picked up Metroid Dread on a whim, haven’t played a Metroid since Super Metroid. Anyone have any time on it yet? Is it good?

Just finished it - its awesome!

1 year later
#4335 9 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone try the new Zen Pinball FX? Don’t bother. It sucks. Somehow the resolution is like 300p, when the last version (FX3) was nice and crisp. I had issues with FX3, but clarity wasn’t one of them. Unreal how Zen could release this new version in this condition. Shame.

Not to mention having to re-buy every table you have owned previously at full price. Zen can eat a bag of dicks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xenon75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=xenon75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.