q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#556 6 years ago

Just finished Celeste, great fn game. But it's def on the harder side..word of warning

#567 6 years ago

I just got this game the other day and it also gets a must buy...

gonner (resized).jpggonner (resized).jpg

2 months later
#612 6 years ago

New Adventure Pals game looks fun. Anyone try it yet? It has co-op, so I think my 7year old will love it too.

Added over 6 years ago: Adventure Pals is cute, but nothing amazing. Definitely not going to be a hit indie game or anything....but it's not terrible either...

1 month later
#829 5 years ago

I played Thumper on HTC Vive VR, it's pretty sweet on that system

2 weeks later
#938 5 years ago

Yoku's was great. I finished it a couple days ago. I did get stuck and almost quit, but then I found the diving ability and all was good again.

3 months later
#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I initially hated them, partially because I hated the term (I had never heard of Rogue and now every f-king game on the eShop is roguelike or roguelite lol), and partially because I love great level design and though the idea of randomly generated levels was stupid. I’ve come around though, as I’ve found a few of these games massively addicting & they seem to have more replay incentive than “normal” games. I hated Isaac, tho lol. I love:
Flame in the Flood
Enter the Gungeon
Flint Hook
I’m sure I’ll try Dead Cells once my backlog is a bit less huge or when it goes on sale (that’s my weak point and why my backlog grows).

Deadcells is a 100% buy. Sale or no sale. Just for the record. Also don't sell all your pinball machines

2 weeks later
#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's literally the greatest game ever made....so, figures you wouldn't like it lol.
Watch some competitive play and weapon tutorials on Youtube. Splatoon 2 is deep deep deep. There's a lot to understand to git good.

Umm..NO. Super Mario World takes that title...end discussion

2 weeks later
#1542 5 years ago

It does NOT need line of sight to work, however you may have connection issues depending where the dock is because bluetooth sucks

4 weeks later
#1593 5 years ago

I'd say it's a must buy, not kiddie whatsoever. It's a game for ALL ages, my 7 year old loves it, my 19year old loves it, and so does 40year old dad.

3 weeks later
#1778 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Splatoon 2 if they wanna play an online competitive game.
ARMS if they wanna play a "non-violent" multiplayer fighting game with each other (up to 4p split screen) or online (together or solo).
Zelda Breath of the Wild is an incredible adventure if they want something a bit more in depth.
Really anything by Nintendo themselves is going to be quality!
Highly recommend Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom. Incredible side scrolling platformer/quest/adventure game with brilliant hand drawn art and animation. It's flying under the radar right now as it was released right before Smash.
Katamari Damacy is a lot of fun if they like something weird and lighthearted.
Rayman Legends is an amazing platformer with great art. That one's got multiplayer as well.

Thanks for the heads up on, Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom, never knew.

1 week later
#1832 5 years ago

Playing Rive right now...pretty fun so far...

#1873 5 years ago

Rouge Legacy is great for anyone that hasn't played it, must get for Switch imo..

11 months later
#2793 4 years ago

BOTW is fn great. Most time I put into a game in a good 20 years. The way you explore and open up the map with limited hand holding is amazing.

3 months later
#3070 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I was really excited about Ori and the blind forest, given the great reviews and my lifelong passion for all Metroidvania games.
It got me very frustrated to the point that I ended up giving up. Too bad you can’t resell eshop games I would have been happy to get 5$ back.
My main issue is with the floaty controls, especially for the jumps that require millimeter precision control. I also found it fairly hard to make the difference between what you can do and what you can’t do yet. IMO a base component of the genre.
The odd thing is I have the same problem with the controls on Panzer Dragoon, I’m a die hard fan of the Saturn game, but same as Ori the controls are floaty and totally not fit for the amount of precision the game requires.
It makes me wonder if there are some issues with the SDK or if floaty is just a common trait of modern controls.

Ori is friggin awesome, I just finished the new one today. Also if people don't know, Robert Gagno's brother was involved in the level design

1 week later
#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

someone on twitter just posted that bayonetta I, bayonetta II and cadence of hyrule: crypt of the necrodancer are free to download
links are here (you will need to log into your nintendo account)
https://store.nintendo.com/bayonetta.html
https://store.nintendo.com/bayonetta-2-download-code.html
https://store.nintendo.com/cadence-of-hyrule-crypt-of-the-necrodancer-featuring-the-legend-of-zelda.html

Not free on my Nintendo store on the console. And the link you sent says down for maintenance.

1 month later
#3244 3 years ago

I've been playing this, it's really good imo. Great controls, simple concept, never played anything like it.

lonely-mountains-downhill-switch-hero (resized).jpglonely-mountains-downhill-switch-hero (resized).jpg
6 months later
#3574 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm actually playing BOTW again right now. Such an amazing game, maybe one of my faves of all time tbh.

4 months later
#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My 7 and 5 yr old just finished the main game in Mario Odyssey. Any suggestions for other games in a similar vein where they can play couch co-op together?

Unravel 2

2 years later
#4247 11 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That's a pretty good deal, especially vs. $70, but they want physical. $70 for a game just seems nuts.

Nah, 13k for every pin these days is nuts. Saving 10 bucks on Zelda? Who cares lol. I'm stoked for the game though for sure.

6 months later
#4401 5 months ago

100%, last level is fn mental, but I did it!!

PXL_20231113_031329860 (resized).jpgPXL_20231113_031329860 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=tomdotcom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.