q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#328 6 years ago

Well, prior to reading this thread, I had little interest in purchasing Nintendo Switch.

However, after doing research I'm all in. I've owned every video game system with the exception of XBox1 and WiU so I wasn't keen on buying yet another one. But dang...Mario looks like a blast! Asking my wife for a Switch for Christmas.

Thanks to everyone for getting my interest up.

#342 6 years ago

I noticed that the Switch has been out of stock on Amazon for awhile yet I saw a bunch of them yesterday when shopping at Target and Best Buy.

I better tell my wife to pick me up one today.

#345 6 years ago

She got one for me!!!

Unfortunately, I can't hook it up until Christmas morning.

IMG_3730 (resized).JPGIMG_3730 (resized).JPG

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Invisible wrapping paper. I bet that's expensive.

Ha!... She was going to wrap it up but I didn't really see the point.

This way I can at least stare at it for a few weeks before breaking it out.

#352 6 years ago

So...am I the only one considering rebuying all of my pinball games just for the Switch?

I already own pretty much every pin for my PS4. The portability factor alone makes me think that I might.

I'm also hoping for an Animal Crossings.

3 weeks later
#392 6 years ago

I opened up my Nintendo Switch today and immediately started playing Mario Odyssey.

WOW! What a fun game. I've been playing for a couple of hours and am currently stuck so I'm taking a break.

Thanks again to everyone for the recommendation. Merry Christmas!

#394 6 years ago

Sooooooo stuck. (And I’ll thank you to not clown me for playing in “assist mode”.)

2ABCD42B-AFE6-46E7-9B79-8EAC173AC6D2 (resized).jpeg2ABCD42B-AFE6-46E7-9B79-8EAC173AC6D2 (resized).jpeg

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

We opened Mario Cart 8 tonight and have played for a couple hrs. What a great game.

With my Switch, I was gifted a Mario Odyssey, Stern Pinball and Mario Cart 8. You're right....it's a total blast.

As someone old enough to remember buying the NES when it was considered revolutionary, I'm really loving what Nintendo has put together with the Switch. Looking at the sales figures, I'm not alone.

1 week later
#439 6 years ago

Had the family over last night for NYE and Mario Odyssey was a huge hit with everyone.

It looks like Nintendo made a couple more sales just from our house alone.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I’m playing Zelda most right now, the scale of the world they’ve built is incredible.

I'm thinking about getting Zelda but I'm kind of concerned about the difficulty level. Although I've been playing video games since Pong, I'm not great at some games and usually choose the easiest difficulty.

Speaking of which, does Zelda have different modes for easier play?

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I got through the game without mastering the best "moves" (side steps, flurry attacks and shield blocks etc). Hadn't really taken the time to check out all the moves and avoided online help in case of spoilers...after "completing" it I checked out online vids on how to defeat Lynos, as aside from defeating the purple ones (easier) I just ran away after that. Check those vids out, mastering the attack moves is the most satisfying thing about the game IMHO...and there is a sh*t tonne of satisfying stuff in Zelda BOTW.
I still need to go back and check out DLC pack 2 but am knee deep with Mario O at the moment...another must own game for the switch.

Quoted from billsfanmd:

Over a friends house New Years Eve and we played switch Mario kart for hours with their young kids. Now I want one. Should I get a Wii U Mario kart 4 player set up or switch version?
The problem is I have a brand new Wii U that has been sitting in a box. Only need the game and more controllers
But the switch is awesome. Just very small controllers

I have the Switch version and it's amazing. With WiU, you'll have to purchase additional extras where they're included on the Switch.

The sheer portability of the Switch is terrific. If you do get one, Mario Odyssey is a must buy.

4 weeks later
#564 6 years ago

I'm sure most of you know about this, but the Nintendo Switch Subreddit is a terrific place to get the latest info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/

#565 6 years ago

By the way.... has anyone heard when / if Pinball Arcade is coming to Switch? I know they have Stern PA but before I purchase the latest season on my PS4, I'd just as soon wait until it's inevitable Switch release.

2 months later
#615 5 years ago

I just went to the e-shop to purchase a season and Pinball Arcade isn't there.

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

Yeah, it's a licensing issue, according to the Pinball Arcade post on Facebook.
Hopefully resolved ASAP.

I'm gonna guess that they didn't pay The Who for using "Pinball Wizard".

1 month later
#851 5 years ago

So after being disappointed in Golf Story and Stardew Valley, I was hesitant to buy Yoku's Island Express, but I pulled the trigger.

So happy I did. This game is a blast. Pinball meets RPG. Sooooo much fun!

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

All this talk about Yoku's Island, I'm going to have to check it out now!

It's my favorite game since Mario's Odyssey.

1 year later
7 months later
#3207 3 years ago

Just picked up my first pin....It plays too!

17D3AE92-ECCC-4CB2-A585-4EF4F0D54ECA (resized).jpeg17D3AE92-ECCC-4CB2-A585-4EF4F0D54ECA (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

My daughter asked if we could Animal Crossing. After reading up on it I concluded that the game made no sense and seemed pointless.
But, whatever.
After 4 days I'm hooked on the damn thing. Daughter has her own island, as do I. My son is a resident on mine.
The designers understand well how to create a cycle of rewards in carefully measured doses.

I've been playing Animal Crossing for almost 20 years. The latest Switch version is amazing. AC and Mario Odyssey are my two favorite video games.

I've collected 4 out of the 5 pinball machines for my game room!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=pismoarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.