q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago

I was just eyeing up WiiU’s on eBay...

Now I want a switch!

Late 30’s... HUGE Nintendo aficionado. They make great games, and great games do not necessarily need all the bling of cutting edge technology. Pinball is an obvious parallel.

2 weeks later
#229 6 years ago

I now have 1 moon!

Rock & Roll.

2 weeks later
#341 6 years ago

Was playing Mario Odyssey properly the first time last night... (no kids or interruptions)

I haven’t smiled this much since running through the “YOU ARE A SUPER PLAYER !!” coins at the end of Funky in Super Mario World.

1 month later
#444 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I just played Mario Odyssey over the holidays for the first time. I think I am going to order a switch based on that title alone, what a fun game. The guy that owned the switch said that Zelda was even better than Mario Odyssey too.

I’m playing Zelda most right now, the scale of the world they’ve built is incredible.

4 weeks later
#557 6 years ago

Switch needs REZ.
Everybody needs REZ.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Thanks for spreading the word of REZ, Amen
pretty much the only reason i want a psvr

Sold my Dreamcast copy years ago, but still have it on xBox 360.

When the Level 4 boss starts running and the music shifts up a gear - that moment still evokes an emotional “this is awesome” reaction to this very day. Akin to SHOWTIME on TAF.

I would buy a Switch version in a heartbeat.

6 months later
#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Who returns a Switch?! I’m contemplating buying another one (well for my son). The Switch actually got me back into playing some Wii/WiiU games I hadn’t finished....super sweet the WiiU plays every Wii game.

I've also bought a WiiU after the Switch - StarFoxZero controls are little bit mental, but the game is great!

3 months later
#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ever see Conker’s Bad Fur Day on N64? One of the bosses is a giant piece of shit who sings about wiping his ass with you & calls you a twat.
Check this out - the Nintendo 64 version is unbleeped while the Xbox version was censored! LOL

That boss had me in stitches on the N64! As did the bit when you walk about pissing on the little fire demon dude.

On balance, the N64 was my favourite console. The controller, good RARE games, Nintendo in-house games, no stupid loading times, plus the critical time to play and enjoy those games that i lack in older years. Blast Corps, GoldenEye, PDark, DK64, Banjo, Mario64, Ocarina, Majora, Star Fox, Jet Force Gemini, F-Zero X, Diddy Kong, 1080, Pilot wings, Conker’s, MKart 64... plus others! (Wrong thread, i appreciate, but such a good time).

#1647 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

At the time, I kinda hated the N64...I moved away from Nintendo and became a Playstation guy (and Sega Saturn). While I loved Mario 64, I found most of the games samey & blurry. All the best Nintendo 3rd parties moved to Sony, and they were just killing it in every genre...plus CD sound, cutscenes, cheaper games. On PS1 I loved the Ridge Racer series (that’s where Rare Hero comes from), Oddworld games, Wipeout series, Brave Fencer Musashi, Megaman continued on PS1, Castlevania SOTN, Metal Gear Solid, etc etc. The music genre started on PS1 with Parappa The Rapper, Um Jammer Lammy, Bust-a-Groove, and import DDR & Beatmania. I bought N64 when Conker came out...that’s the game that turned me onto the system.

Traded my SNES with loads of top games - all mint, boxed, for a PS1. Initially felt right, it was the cooler console, but BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER (apart from C&C Red Alert). Never clicked with the PS1. Got fed up with Snake constantly taking phone calls mid-game - worse than modern parents! Didn't like the controller, and it put me off buying any future Sony consoles. RE: Ridge Racer - played that in the arcades only, like Virtua Racer and Daytooooooooooooooonaaaaaaaaaaa.

By "cheaper games", i am sure we're not talking about copies here

1 week later
#1694 5 years ago

With its dual joysticks; the Switch needs a port of Smash TV.

2 months later
#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

There's a good t-spin tutorial on youtube in 2 parts, it covers how you should be looking to set it up (including triples).

Link appreciated!

5 months later
#2324 4 years ago

Virtua Racing!

Anyone who spent anytime in arcades in the early 90's will know where i'm coming from...

Still rock-hard.

2 weeks later
#2343 4 years ago
7A3C9260-5BF6-4555-B169-AD0DE363BAAE (resized).jpeg7A3C9260-5BF6-4555-B169-AD0DE363BAAE (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#2843 4 years ago

Enjoying Starlink right now, might be down to the 80% discount!

As a BIG fan of Starfox64 (or LylatWars as we Europeans had to tolerate), I was hoping for more of that, which this isn’t exactly, but still very enjoyable.

NEED the Goose game next.

7 months later
#3402 3 years ago

Untitled Goose Game getting a 2player mode!

Easily my favourite game of 2019, getting even better.

1 week later
#3411 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do we know if this is local or/and online 2player?

I’m not sure - it was an article in the Guardian newspaper. I’ll add the link here...

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/aug/19/viral-phenomenon-untitled-goose-game-is-adding-a-new-horrible-goose-what-does-that-mean

E1275ACB-54B2-44C6-B774-E209616D92C6 (resized).jpegE1275ACB-54B2-44C6-B774-E209616D92C6 (resized).jpeg
#3414 3 years ago

Update! I secretly tip-toed into Twitter land for a brief moment and found some more info:

Local multiplayer, coming to all platforms
Play through the whole game with a friend
One of you plays as one goose, the other one plays as the other goose
You can carry each other around in a box

https://t.co/3pFQ1cqflH

My 5yr old son and I are both literally honking with excitement. Best game in years.

#3431 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Mario 64 was ugly to begin with. But every ounce of it was fun!

Mario64 raised the bar.

A once 2D game just became 3D overnight, so naturally and effortlessly.

#3439 3 years ago

Someone needs to fix StarFox Zero’s control, then port it to Switch. I’d love that.

1 week later
#3477 3 years ago

Own Mario64, Sunshine and Galaxy - all boxed. Bought by me on their original releases

Still just pre-ordered Allstars 3D. It’s a disease.

1 week later
#3522 3 years ago

Goose Day.

https://twitter.com/house_house_/status/1306571363746938881

I'm so fucking excited... my 5yr old is quite happy about it too.

#3524 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I mentioned it weeks ago to my 4-year-old and she has asked about it many times since. I even drew a goose on the calendar for her.

T-shirt?

https://shop.goose.game/products/house-house-goose-shirt

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.