q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#434 6 years ago

You guys have convinced me. I just ordered one, plus Mario and Zelda. It will give me something fun to do during these cold winter days haha.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is exactly what I have been thinking about doing. I kinda need to wait though because I have some massive bills coming up in February.

Watching YouTube videos of these Nintendo games is pretty impressive. They definitely have charm to them and look like a ton of fun. I can see why the Switch is getting such glowing praise. Plus Nintendo is much cheaper than pinball, though I still want another remake or two haha.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

I bet the iPad Pro would be a really sweet experience. More screen real estate and more processing power.

The 12.9 inch iPad Pro is awesome for Pinball Arcade. That's my preferred way of playing and it really is immersive due to the large screen and stereo sound. The graphics look phenomenal. This is one of the few games that actually works better on the iPad than on a console or computer due to the controls. Just touch the screen on the side to activate the flippers. No need for a controller or keyboard. And it works equally well in portrait or landscape orientation. Highly recommended.

#467 6 years ago

After having played the Switch for the better part of a week now I can confirm that the hype is real and well-deserved. This is the best video game console I’ve ever played, and I’ve tried most of the since the late 80’s. And there are so many great games already available for it! There are of course the AAA titles like Mario and Zelda, but lots of fantastic indie games as well. Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is a ton of fun!

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Not everyone can afford multiple consoles and if you can only choose one Nintendo would be a bad choice they just can't compete.

The Nintendo Switch has now set records in the United States and Japan as the fastest-selling console in those two respective markets, beating even the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii in terms of early adoption. Nintendo’s AAA titles are world-beaters and can only be played on the Switch. Everyone has their own opinion but to say they can’t compete isn’t true. Nintendo is in a very strong position currently because they have a great device and great games to play on it.

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Ah the early hype, how Nintendo loves to show how fast they come out of the gate. The Wii was a world beater too, remember how that ended.

The Wii sold 101.63 million units according to Wikipedia, placing it as the 5th best selling console in history.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The problem is selling hardware is not where the money is. It got destroyed in the market, everyone bought the hardware and no one bought any software. It was so bad they rushed the Wii-U and it also bombed. Everyone moved on to Sony and Microsoft. They have made some corrections and the Switch is an improvement. It is not a competitor in the market, yes the true hard core gamers have jumped in and bought it as an additional system. They need depth of software and they are a long way from that. I love Nintendo but I also understand the realities of the business and Nintendo's position in it.

Nintendo is in a very strong position because they have multiple sources of revenue: the Switch and 3ds line of hardware with their corresponding accessories like the Pro Controller; first-party games such as Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda (the 3 best-selling video games on amazon in 2017 - they also have 7 of the top 10), Splatoon, Arms and many more. They are starting a paid online subscription service in 2018 for $20 a year. Nintendo also sells Amiibos and other merchandise such as dolls and toys based on their beloved IP franchises, much like Disney does. They are in an enviable position because tens of millions of people adore their products. They also have a vault of dozens of classic games they haven’t even started to leverage on the Switch system yet. Just look how popular the NES Classic was last year. Can’t wait to play Bionic Commando on my Switch!

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Guys,
Can you recommend the best arcade style joystick for the switch? Is there anything like the old NES Advantage joy stick?
Thanks

The HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick has gotten excellent reviews.

#509 6 years ago

Yes, that’s it. It’s also officially licensed by Nintendo.

1 month later
#578 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. Glad he lives across the street from me. I’ll pry grab a couple games this week. Suggestions?

Zelda was Game of the Year. Fantastic!
Mario + Rabbids
Splatoon 2

I love the Switch! Nintendo makes fun games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey?tu=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.